Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Beginner Needing Help - First Attempt Failure

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some help and Advice.

A friend of mine is new to the whole growing scene and from what they have told me they're aiming to be able to grow just a few plants at a time for themselves. From what they told me they have little knowledge other than basic things which they have read or watched online.

From what I can gather they seem to have jumped into it all little too quick, not that I myself have any knowledge on any of this either.

So in the images is their setup. As you can see the plants are looking dead and have apparently been like this for 2 weeks.

I have read quite a lot on this site and from what I can see there are so many different variants that can cause problems. I'm hoping putting this topic up may be able to help find a resolution quicker than them spending weeks trying everything possible to make the second attempt somewhat of a success.

Any information that is needed to possibly help identify the problem/s, please just ask.

What type of soil?

That light may be too much for them at this stage...what wattage is it?
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

I was thinking there is not enough drainage in the soil but they look dry... i second weirdwiredwolfs question, what type of soil?

How often are they getting watered, is there anything being added to the water? Is the water dechlorinated?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I know I was having problems when using city tap water for veg (way too alkaline) and had to use a filter pitcher for awhile.
        ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta do what you gotta do to fix the problem!

You need perlite in your mix.
        you need a Mh bulb for Optimum plant growth, the HPS bulb you are using is for the flowering stage and not so ideal right now.
        We could help you more if you told us all the details about your grow.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Greymowser
          Greymowser commented
          Editing a comment
          I have 4 ww just started flower stage

Thanks for all the responses. Here is some more info.

- Using Canna Coco soil. Also using the Canna Coco nutrients.

- Lighting is 600W

- Currently tap water is being used, watering whenever first inch is of soil is dry.

- The seeds are
        Autoflowering
        Feminised
        High
        Medium
        90 -140 cm
        Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
        50-65 days

Comment

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          So three things I noticed:

1)Are you using 1/4 the recommended nutes on the young plant? Or full strength? (That will kill them at this stage)

Solution: Flush with phed water, let them recover a day or two, mix new batch at 1/4 str. Increase as you see deficiency.

2) Are you PHing your water? Coco has a lower ph than soil needed. (Again could kill them)

Solution: Buy at minimum a pack of ph strips, better yet a ph meter. Flush with phed water and start feeds again with phed water.

3) Are you letting the water sit a night or two to let the chlorine evaporate from the water, prior to feeding? (Again could kill them)

Solution: Fill up some buckets, let it sit out for 1-2 days, add nutes and feed.

Everyone fails at first! Dont feel bad, my first grow was gorilla back in 2008, I had a beautiful purple haze, aprox 5 ft tall, went to it one day, and a rabbit was eating it.. No way to recover, it was already down and almost gone! Nor was it flowering yet. I leaned put chicken wire around it!
          Last edited by Qwertywill; 08-04-2018, 08:27 AM.

Thanks for all suggestions and answers guys

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X