freezing before curring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freezing before curring

if you have just put buds in jars and starting the cure process but will be unable to burp them daily because you have to go somewhere can you freeze them without killing the cure and then warm them up when you get back home and continue the cure

I am not an expert. And I do not know if that will work.
    But, from what I know about moisture and temperature changes, I would say it is a BAD IDEA.
    My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
    My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
    My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
    My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

If you happen to have a really close friend or family member, I would have them do it. Say you bought some off a dealer trying to get rid of it fast, and they sold it to you super cheap. Cut him in by giving them a decent amount (for their time).

I wouldnt wanna put it in the freezer until it has cured fully.

I mean you could put them on a dry rack, they would be far too dry, but add a humidity pack, it will just take a lot longer for then to cure to the almost same potential... better than molding.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I assume you have already gotten them to the 62% humidity level or so? I think your best option would be to completely vacuum seal them. Get all the air out but you need a vacuum sealer for that. When you get back start curing like you normally would. If you have no other option then go ahead and freeze them. You will lose some potency, flavor, taste, and smell but better than losing all of it.

Comment

thanks for the help all

Comment

I second freezing pre-cure is a bad idea. The batch I got my current plant/seeds from had been frozen after drying (it was given to me completely untrimmed, whoever it originally belonged to froze it branches and all) and any smell/taste were gone.
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• eio
              eio commented
              Editing a comment
              well.... I can take it with me. It won't be ideal conditions 30+ temps but better than killing the taste and smell

• SovietStoner
              SovietStoner commented
              Editing a comment
              The last resort would be to just leave them in the jars with the lids OPEN. They will dry out more then necessary but at least you won't get mold or mildew.

• eio
              eio commented
              Editing a comment
              thumbs up emoji

It seems very risky.
            Buds on a live plant get completely ruined if they freeze, buds that are fully cured are fine. It is just a matter of how much water is in them when they are frozen that makes the difference.
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X