MANIFOLD/MAIN - LINING question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MANIFOLD/MAIN - LINING question

Been studying Nebula's manifold/mainlining article summarizing nugbuckets system https://www.growweedeasy.com/mainlining-nugbuckets - and was doing fine understanding until I reached STEP 3.

Step 3: Allow plant to start growing vigorously again, then top all main colas symmetrically to double the number of mains Even then, at the beginning I was OK but when I saw the photo in Step 3b

Step 3b: Remove extra growth tips below your new mains - I lost my confidence. The photo looks just like the photo in Step 2B????

STEP 2B STEP 3B

Click image for larger version

Name:	remove-growth-below-3rd-node-sm.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	232725Click image for larger version

Name:	just-new-mains-left-remove-growth-tips-sm.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	232726

Am I seeing this correctly or are the 2 photos of the same step (different plants)? I think I can see in the 2nd photo that there are 2 growths, with a new node in between, at the end of each branch coming off the hub but I'm not sure. What I don't see is that there are more than 2 more branches coming off the first NEW MAINS that lend themselves to the STEP 3.

MY BIG QUESTION(s) though are: following the written description - do I wait for another 5 or 6 new nodes to grow from the 2 NEW MAINS before I top for the 2nd time STEP 3?

AND then cut the those lower extra growth tips from off the 1st set of mains and the 2 set of mains established with STEP 3 so that all the leaves left are around my 3rd Step cuts?

Did I confuse you all??

I'm ready for Step 2 today. I can come back to ask about Step 3 when the time comes (with photos of my own set up) but still wondering how soon Step 3 will occur.

Thanks for any help or clarification.

Crow

They are different. The first is creating your colas, the second is removing colas off your two. Basicly , main cola split into two, then your two split into 4.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Crow
      Crow commented
      Editing a comment
      So do wait until the the 2nd growth has also gone out 5 or 6 nodes before I split those too?

They both work great. Click image for larger version

Name:	how-to-build-cannabis-manifold-nebula.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	232746 step 2 you let them grow 4 nodes and top at 3rd. Remove all growth from 2nd node leaving 1st node and third node. This is where they differ. Nugbuckets would remove all growth leaving only the 3rd node. Hope that helps 😉.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I need to read more and study the Nebula Manifold as how it is different from Nugbuckets - Main-lining.
      Might be more obvious after I do the 1st cuts.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Step 2 is different as I stated above. I did nugbuckets method before I even read Nebula's guide. You'll have a perfect structure either way. Good luck.

Yup, both will work, you can do it again afterwards if you want even more.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Once u get a grow under your belt everything is a lot easier to understand. Im on my second grow atm and its going a lot better
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

OK - I've got it! Had to read Nebula's manifold technique rather than the main-lining recommended by nugbucket. Seems easy enough.
          Thanks all for chiming in.

Crow

Comment

Just because - here is a photo of plants on MANIFOLD DAY last Sunday and then - just 5 days later.

Pretty Cool!

Thanks for looking .

Crow

MANIFOLD DAY

Click image for larger version  Name:	Manifold-Day.jpg Views:	2 Size:	138.4 KB ID:	234833

HERE IS THE GANG 5 DAYS LATER

Click image for larger version  Name:	5-days-later-#-3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	262.5 KB ID:	234834

SHINY SPOT ON THE LEAVES IS WATER FROM MISTING

Click image for larger version  Name:	5-days-later-#-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	234835

ANOTHER MUG SHOT

Click image for larger version  Name:	5-days-later-#-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	234836

Comment

• Crow
              Crow commented
              Editing a comment
              Even now, 1 day later they look bigger.

Now I need to get my courage up for the next clip. Coming faster than I expected. I love these kind of life expanding dilemmas.

Crow

Comment

Looks great! I cant wait to try this myself so i will be watching your progress
              640 watt hlg quantum board
              320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
              300 watt mars hydro sp3000
              150 watt hlg quantum board
              100 watt spider farmer led x2
              organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
              Water only i don't check ph
              6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X