brown crunchy leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL brown crunchy leaves

Got a new issue...My plants are about 3 weeks into flowering. I have feed them once with bone meal since they started flowering. Anyone have an idea what's going on with these plants? Thanx

Bone meal doesn't have any k and looks like potassium deficiency. https://www.growweedeasy.com/potassi...iency-cannabis
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Yeah Chefbjy knows - definitely lacking nutrients.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hey also check under those leaves real closely, those tiny spots in the first picture look like they could be spider Mites, hopefully not, but far better to catch them early, then to have an explosion later on in flowering when there harder to deal with.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

You guys are awesome! I have the potassium issue under control. And yes I have spider mites. I just ordered Growers trust spider mite spray..Also I have these little eggs showing up in my buds. (Trying not to panic!). And I have caterpillars eating my leaves. The eggs I have no idea what they areare. With the caterpillars I should get BT spray right? Can I spray for the spider mights and spray the BT Caterpillar spray at the same time?

Comment

Hey Ramsey, looks like your plants are doing a lot better.
            I couldn't quite see the eggs in the pictures, but there is a good chance they are spider mite eggs. I am not familiar with the growers trust, but I have heard you shouldn't spray your buds with just about anything, maybe someone else can comment on the growers choice who is familiar with it.
            The only thing that I can see wrong with spraying BT and the other at the same time, is that BT is a living organism, so if the spray for the mites were harmful to BT, then could be counter productive. I would definitely prioritize treating the spider mites though, take a look at Nebulas tutorial on them. Another trick, that you MIGHT be able to get away with in early flower, is to plast most of them off with a high pressure hose sprayer. Make sure to dry them out quik if you do that though, since you don't want to leave moisture in your buds, which could cause mold.
            I have heard of Captain Jacks Dead bug suggested as might control which can possibly be done during flower, not positive, but it is biological just like the BT.
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope you get the mites under control,
              Looks to me like your plant might be rootbound, You really need to get them in larger pots soon.

• GreenhouseEffect
              GreenhouseEffect commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh god ya. Didn't notice it till D.A.A.S. pointed it out. If those are in the 5 gallon buckets still, they really want more space.

AND..Pots should be completely light proof..(roots don't like light)..Looks like your post are translucent?

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
              NAKEDGARDENER commented
              Editing a comment
              Good eye, I hope he has changed that, as you say roots need to be dark no light, and the pots he is using are not light proof, so I bet on severe root stress/ damage.... didn’t see any other comment on this point due to his issues with so many offering types of infestation....

What will happen if I don't put them in bigger pots? I dont mind if they just dont get any larger, but if it will affect their health, then thats a different thing. I also have these little caterpillars that I keep finding buried inside my buds on the plant that's pictured. I just sprayed for spider mites, but these little shits are everywhere on this one plant. Any idea's? Is it normal to have a ton of pest problems? I've had fungus gnats, spider mites at least 3 times, Leaf miners...now these caterpillars that are inside my buds...

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
              GreenhouseEffect commented
              Editing a comment
              They would be healthier and happier, over all, in bigger pots. Not sure if you'd be better off or not, transferring them now that they are in flower though, could be fine, IF you were very gentle, and it was a good smooth re-pot, but plants are a lot more finicky once they start to flower, since they are focusing most of there energy on the next generation, instead of there own well being. I'll defer to somebody with more grow years on them than me, on whether to re-pot, or bring to harvest in the buckets.

Usually I like transplant from my 5 Gal about maybe 18" tall or so, basically when branches are about to reach edge of pot, I transplant, before the roots hit the edges.

Ya, hit them with the BT, I think, spider mites first, but you want to get rid of those little F_-_ers stat, to.
              Usually pests aren't quite that bad, but sometimes they are....
              What soil ya using. Also, the healthier you can keep a plant, the better it will ward off the little critters. The better your soil, when growing in soil, the healthier your plant, and less troubles for you.

They don't look bad at all, considering the bugs, and I'll bet ya get a nice harvest from them! Just get them pests knocked out if you can.

Best luck!

I would be real tempted if they were mine, to hit them with some Diatomacious Earth. It's fossilized shell flower, and will cut the living crap out of little soft bodied pests like spider mites, so that they die. Won't hurt your plants, or you, unless you breath it in, so you don't really want it in the buds, and wear dust mask if you use it. I have heard of some people on hear using a bud wash to get it out of there flowers( recipe off the gwe tutorials). When I use the stuff during vedge, I put on a dust mask, and aim a small fan cranked on high, at the undersides of the leaves, then sprinkle it in front of the breeze. Won't kill them all, but will kill a bunch. Makes em look not as nice, but better than bugs, I usually rinse off the tops of my leaves after a day or two, so that they can get plenty of light, but if you do that, you got to COMEPLETLY dry the plants off pretty quick so they don't get bud rot.

Captain Jacks and BT are biological weapons, so shouldn't hurt you if some gets left in the buds when you smoke em, might change the flavor, maybe, but better than getting eaten out of house and home, IMO.
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X