Will it clone? Suggestions welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it clone? Suggestions welcome

Had some storm damage last night. Broken branch. Cut it off and will try to clone top 31 inches. Last photo is top cutting in gallon jug of clone solution in my clone room. I hope I can clone it. What are the chances a branch this big in 2 or 3 week flower? Any suggestions

Man, sorry to see it Dan!
    I would tend to say no, and to go with some of the smaller green branches. Maybe take a couple clones from the small ones, and try the big branch to, just for the heck of it?
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Bet you do get at least something to grow some roots though.
      I got my CD-1 to clone after it was 2-3 weeks into flower, took a while, but she eventually went.

Very very difficult, but maybe possible. I have managed to clone cuttings that had several nodes. You will want to keep it in an environment that has max humidity, to prevent dehydration. Without preventing the cutring to transpire, it will dehydrate and fail to root. Hardwood cuttings take much longer to root than softwood. Weeks to months infact.

See here for my research on cloning.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      No big deal. Just hoping it might work. I have had better luck with 12+ inch cuttings than smaller. branch is nextt o shower and tub most humid place I have.

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      12 inches ?. Damn, please show me a picture ^.^

Iv done around 8 inch plants that root within 7 days. Iv done bigger but they took about 2 weeks to root.

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, one day in solution,11 days in cloning soil between shower and south window, 2 days outside in shade and then into planter. It hink I can find some pictures but only mid time and results I think. will post if I can find them. Did it with critical kush and delhi friend.

I already did it. Trying with some 8-10 inch I took off branch. Last year was successful with 2-3 week critical kush but smaller and on purpose.

Comment

found some pics for ya Danger. These are critical Kush and delhi friend. These were all min. 10 inch cuttings.

Comment

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        In the photo is one of my favorite labs I ever had she was such a wonderful companion and passed in Feb.

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah nice, did you take the cuttings during flowering ?

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        We had a lab pass away a year ago, such lovely breeds.

Yes, probably 2nd week, did not write it down so not sure what week. There is usually storm damage or I need to take suckers this time of year. Last year i think the delhi was storm and the critical was suckers. I don't cut suckers anymore because of gray mold chance this time of year in my climate.

Comment

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah righto. Well will be interesting how you get on with that giant clone ^.^ What a laugh it will be if it takes.

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        What a long or short strange trip it may be....
        Last edited by desertdan; 07-31-2018, 10:11 PM.

Not sure if it will root. I'm sure it would pulled through if left on the plant.

Comment

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        From experience it is not worth keeping it on the plant. It would mature in a very week condition and the chances of mold and disease entering the plant are very great. I have found it is better to remove then seal the wound.

• Jibblerjoe
        Jibblerjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. If it does put down just another trick our grow book. Keep us posted.

That big clone is amazing.My only successful clones have been small cuttings, and with a cloning machine.

Comment

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        It is not cloned yet. long way to go. been soaking 1 day goes in soil today. We shall see. Never done one so large or so mature.

I recently managed to get two small clones from a plant in week 2 of flower. No cloning solution, just plopped them in plain water for a few days, when I finally got time to prep my cloning stuff SURPRISE they're rooting. A bit of revegging activity, but the one in soil now is doing just fine. There are a few woody mature branches with buds on my main plant that won't get enough light that I'm tempted to try cloning with...
      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        I say you should go for it, just to get the practice on flowering plants. Could come in handy some day if you ever had a plant catastrophe, and had to try and save a really great plant you liked.

How is that clone doing, or is it now history?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X