Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Deficiency and Defoliation Question

Hello GWE!

First off, I'd like to thank Nebula and Sirius for putting together such a great resource and community. I normally don't do a lot of forum posting, but decided if I was going to get involved, no greater place to do that than this place! That being said, forgive me while I get used to the interface, lol

Growing a Durban Poison out from a clone picked up at local dispensary. Around week two I was experiencing pH issues will all the seedlings and clones I had going at the time, this was the lone survivor after transplanting in to KIS Organics Water Only Soil. She thrived from then on. Now,at around 60 days total, in a 5gal smart pot, she has nearly filled out my little 1.5' x 3' tent!

I've reached day 21 of flowering and had planned to do another round of defoliation as many here recommend, but my girl has developed a deficiency (or two) over the weekend.

The fellow at my organic supply advised that it looked like phosphorus and possibly nitrogen, and that I may have vegged this one a bit too long for its 5gal smart pot, and convinced me to add BE-1 organic pellets as a top dress to the KIS soil i have been using.

So far there hadn't been any any issues since switching to this soil and thought I was on auto-pilot till harvest. Well, looks like she is out of food already. He advised crushing up these pellets a bit to get more of it in to the soil at watering, which I will do probably tomorrow when she is ready for next watering.

So, to get my first n00b questions out of the way, should I let her recover a bit before defoliate? Do any any of you folks have any experience with any of these products?
    1st Grow Durban Poison

20"x36"x60" Apollo Horticulture tent
    Mars-hydro Reflector 96 x 5
    4" inline fan and carbon filter
    2 x 6" clip fans for recirc
    KIS Organics Water Only soil
    BE-1 Pellets top dress

Just a quick question, seeing as the pictures are the lower end of the plant. Is light getting to those leaves? That could be causing some issues with that.. not all issues. But possible.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Qwertywill They are indeed below the canopy, I was going to trim all that away, but am concerned that I should let her be until this clears up? Thanks for the response!
      1st Grow Durban Poison

BE-1 Pellets top dress

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutly, always make sure its in good health . Someone will respond with more info for sure!

That was my instinct, thanks again for reassurance!
      1st Grow Durban Poison

BE-1 Pellets top dress

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a problem! My guess is nitrogen. But I havnt grown in years, so take my advice with a grain of salt! It will work out in the end

Appreciate the kind words!✌️
      Cleaned up the dying leaves at least, and watered in over the pellets today, hoping this will help.
      1st Grow Durban Poison

BE-1 Pellets top dress

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X