Best set up for 4 plants only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best set up for 4 plants only?

With the upcoming legalization happening this October in Canada, it got me thinking what the ideal tent set up would be to maximize the legal 4 plant limit... What would you guys say that is?

Im in the same boat. Over the last year I have been piecing together my set up. Multiple ways you can do it. But if i had to do it over again, i would have just bought a setup in whole. Growlights canada have a decent price. I would go minimum of a 4x4x7 tent. Use the scrog method to fill the tent. (Or a 5x5x7). If you do go for that website i recommend dropping the money into a kind led light if they have any. Where in Canada are you? Im east coast!

But definitly go scrog. Start in soil to learn the basics. Then do a diy dwc or invest in the ebb and flow.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Don’t need a massive tent. I am in Canada and looking forward to legalization but I may have started a little early haha. I would go 3x3x7 tent. I have a 4x4x7 and 2x4x5. 4x4 is just a touch to big to get to the back corners. My tent has plastic liners taped together than a piece of expanded wire mesh too allow the water to fun through the fabric pots. 3x3 or 40”x40” should be big enough for 4 plants.

Light. Currently I two LED in one and at 315w CMH in the other. The 315W killed the LED in growth but we will see at harvest what happens, have not completed a grow yet with CMH. LED gave me 28,36,40 grams of three different plants on my first grow. A 4x4 tent would require one big LED or 4-6 smaller ones, going with the small ones is a better option for better coverage. Would only require on 315W CMH.

Get a good exhaust fan with a carbon filter. Respect your neighbours and avoid unwanted attention by controlling the smell.

Currently i use GH nutes. About 8 different guys. Mixing them constantly can get to be a pain in the ass. Going to switch over too a two part system once I finish these ones I think.

Grow in Coco Coir and water every day. Use fabric pots. Don’t waste your time with soil

good luck growing

Comment

I'm thinking of spending the extra cash and build a four season she'd out side due to the insurance liability of my home every body should read the home insurance policy because from what iv'e been reading I think Canadian insurance is going sideways now that being said I know a lot of people won't be able to afford it but maybe something worth looking into..I'm growing mine in a tent in a storage locker right now..it's a real pain and way to much to list .just my 2 cents or go back to being an outdoor seasonal grower..wish I lived further north wouldn't have that problem.

Comment

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats why your growing tomatoes with the insurance company. Not weed! Though dunno if it will make a big difference.

• Kevingm1987
          Kevingm1987 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not overaly concerned. A minor 4 plant grow op won’t draw anymore power that an appliance or light bulb that is installed.

Most grow op fires are started by bad wiring. Also I wonder if my insurance agent will be able to ask if I plan to grow my 4 plants. I don’t know if I would feel comfortable exposing that info to someone that would also know my address

Not trying to put a bad spin on something great this is one of those moments in history I could honstly say I was there when it happened and it was great ...I'm thinking it's still gonna have a underground feel?..some what dgaf..

Comment

I wouldnt bother telling insurance anyhow, whats the difference between a basement t8 light vs an led light... not much... t8s get warmer anyhow!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

i never had the option of a tent i built a room in my shop it is 4x8x8 i run 2 400w hps bulbs soil grow with megacrop nutes
            after this grow ill be changing the room so i can put the plants in a row because with a manifold grow each plant takes up at least 2x2
            they actualy got away from me and one grew past the lights
            i probably wont do a summer grow again as it is way more work to keep temps down than in the winter
            i dont need to worry about the legal date as im on a medical grow licence
            hoping to go 20 plants about 1/2 of my legal amount as that in itself will be a nightmare grow
            but what the hell
            my dream room is the whole shop

good luck on your grows

4'x 6' x 8' room
            2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
            sunshine mix #4
            mega crop nutes
            current grow
            cd-1
            jack herer
            afghan kush
            green doctor

Comment

I know the OP didn't ask about insurance but since it was brought up I will give you my take on it, in the USA anyway.
              When my agent asked if I had a wood burning stove my premium would have doubled, same with a pool, or a bit bull.

If by example you had any of those as a liability and didn't have a rider then if a loss occurred and if proven you could lose your coverage. all premiums paid for naught.

However, if you are using lights, fans, pumps, etc. inside the scope of the manufacturers' direction and installation specifications without modifications then a failure will be on them - albeit the onus may be hard to prove.

My last point which may be superfluous since your country will soon be legal is that there are many things legal but and a bigg butt is the perceived use may make it illegal.

In my state, I can legally have a radio scanner in my car, however, if I am caught stealing an apple then my scanner would become illegal and in some cases can modify a simple misdemeanor into a felony.

Let 500,000 balloons go at the start of the Indy500 and all is good, but let 12 ballons go near a Florida wildlife preserve and you will be on felony probation for the rest of your life.

jailbase.com A 40-year-old man faces felony charges after releasing a dozen heart-shaped, helium-filled balloons to impress his sweetheart. Unluckily for...

Sour60 autos.
              3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
              26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
              2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X