Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newly medical retirement in Cali. Setting up 1st box in garage. Critique plz....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly medical retirement in Cali. Setting up 1st box in garage. Critique plz....

So I was medically retired recently. Live in California...it’s legal to grow... so imma gonna try.

The set up so far, please critique ....

1. Box is 4’ x 4.5’ x 10’, wrapped in reflective bubble insulation.
    2. A single 600 w M.H./hps in a sealed air cool lamp(6” vent holes )
    - two 4’ L.E.D. “Garage lights” from Costco,
    - a supposed 600w LED light bough off cheap-o Chinese website wish.com... (I’m skeptical)
    3. 8,000 btu Air Conditioner on temp controller. AC unit is outside the box, cold vents in & hot goes outside the window
    4. RWDC: two 27g tubs, 1000gph pump for circulation, two 250 gph pumps for dripping over the tops of roots, chiller for fluid temp control, need a reservoir still....
    5. giant air pump for air stones in each box
    6. two 4” hydro farm fans:
    - 1 fan to pull through carbon filter, then for pulling heat away from the 600w hps & vent.
    - The other pulls fresh air from outside, through a filter & into box
    7. 3’ tower fan in corner oscillating 90 degrees... thinking of adding another at the 4’ mark in opposite corner.
    8. Got an electronic meter for ph, temp, ec monitoring ...”blue something” forget the name

Might get dehumidifier if needed.

Plan to do 2 plants. One in each box. Bought “cappuccino & chronic” fem seeds from Europe. Plan on scroging.

Thoughts....? ideas?

All help greatly appreciated by me and my family. God Bless

Bronco

Welcome Bronco1500

Sounds like you are off to a good start .
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Hey Bronco1500 welcome to this forum. Sorry to read about your reasons for retirement. But I've been retired from the Federal Gov't for over 4 years and it's great.
      Not a hydroponic grower so can't help you on that part.
      Lights and everything you have listed sounds good.
      Never done a scrog either - one day - but if researched enough and you have an idea in your mind how it should look, then go for it. I would plan on veggie state at least two months or longer. When you get to the LST stage you have to be determined to get the plants to grow the way you want them to grow so you end up with a scrog. That's why I guess at least two months cuz it takes a bit of work.
      Great luck growing!
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thx fellas! I’ll post pix in a few days when a few little tweaks are done.

cheers !

Comment

Can you give us some details on what you're planning with the RDWC system? What's the design look like?
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out HLG Quantum Boards not those Burples..QBs are the most efficient and cost effective lights out there NOW!
            I sold off my own burples and went with the white light!!!
            1st shot are QB132s..2nd shot is a Phantom Sunboard, 3rd is a $25 fixture built for the Sunboards..NO heatsinks needed if you run them at stated voltages!!
            QB288 kit was about $200 for 135 TRUE watts..QB132s were $125 for 4 boards (70watts each) + you needed a driver. The Photons were about $50 each and can run up to 100watts ea.without a heatsink. 4th shot show a finished fixture with the driver, display, and dimmer mounted. (total for 200 ACTUAL watts was about $175 or less.

Special note:Greenman Pipe NOT included..LOL
            I run mine at about 90% for the best results and save $$ on my power bill too!

The Photons are alternating colors..I used parallel drivers.

You will need TOTAL darkness when you flip for flower too..Make plans now..Panda Film is cheap and will do it if needed.
            Last edited by Buzzer777; 07-27-2018, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X