No announcement yet.

GWE & Mental Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just harvested a grow recently, and I now have a hole in time that this site helps to fill.....gradatude.....

Comment

Whenever I sample some of my grow I tend to discover holes in time as well. I have theorized it must be akin to time dilation.
      Last edited by starramus; 07-24-2018, 09:36 PM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

Howdy PaganRich, Glad to hear from you again, just yesterday, I was wondering why I had not seen any posts from you. I have learned, over the years, that everyone has, to one degree or an other, mental issues and only the strongest can admit to it, and only the bravest try to deal with it.
        Hang in there pardner!
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          We fight for freedom. Not what most people think we fought for. Im not proud of the civil war. I could never kill a brother especially over another mans right to be free and do what he wants. I love all people. But glad we kicked your butts. Lmao

And yes the civil war is a sore subject here. Ill stand behind any man who isnt treated right. Dont care who or what they are. Ill fight till my dying breath to make sure all are safe, free, and happy.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp Do you know mate I don`t know much about the War of Independence really. Even Napoleon doesn`t do it much for me. Now 600AD til the 1500`s is my fave time and WW1. Reading some of the Norse sagas at the moment and a book on the Viking Great Heathen Army`s invasion of 865AD I think. American history, I`m mega patchy on except your Pacific war. Watch a lot of programmes on that. That wasn`t much fun. Anyway, off to bed, night mate, Catch you tomorrow

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually most americans are not that rebellious. The lower strata of the population at least 50% are docile, and in bondage much like the British working class. It is the upper class who are politically dynamic, and far too active on the world stage. Imperial Britain and imperial america are not that different. Empires rise and fall, and america is just another failed empire waiting to happen. My current read Overthrow by Stephen Kinzer is a comprehensive listing of the governments the US has overthrown from 1893 to 2006 the publication date of the book. Kinzer really needs to update the book since far more governments have been added to the list since then. Another book I am currently reading is Fire In The Minds of Men by James H. Billington. I have noted that "rebellion" is allowed only to a certain degree.

Just another mental defective adding his sick and twisted thoughts.
          Last edited by starramus; 07-27-2018, 08:30 AM.

Going to the coast friday to say goodbye to the toughest man I ever knew. My wife's grandfather. He got lung cancer and decided he was done fighting. Cant even imagine the man ever accepting defeat. But it is what it is. So if you wonder if im broken yea I am. Will i keep walking towards the fight that is life? Yes. Ill never stop. Will I ever be in his shoes? Maybe but wont be half the man he was.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would bet cash, that you graduated from some fine college though.
          Or either you are -were a prolific reader of books, from childhood. And some smart Parents too.
          I'm thinking your parents were from the art field. Like teaching or music. I ain't never been wrong before , just saying, lol.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 Couldn`t be more wrong I`m afraid but we`ll move on to a nicer subject, check this out.....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44968386. You did get the reading right though

• Jr83
          Jr83 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear ya my dad only got 3 months when they found his lung cancer ibegged him to fight but chemo is rough it really beats u down so i accepted his decision as he requested and made good last 3 month's as good as possible.sorry to hear it and I'll pray for a miracle.keep ur head up and if u need to talk or vent I'm here

Thanks for all the messages guys. I do appreciate it alot.

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Jr83 Natter is to talk, we also say chin wag, again, same thing, so if someone says they`ll pop over for a chin wag, it`s like popping over for a cuppa. I like the American Southern twang sound especially. You get some of those lads on Forged in Fire and they`re great. Love it.

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Accents, lol. I have been in the deep south my whole life. Went through a drive through McDonalds once right outside New York city once and they all came to the window to see who had that accent. Lol

• Jr83
          Jr83 commented
          Editing a comment
          If u have Ever heard jeff foxworthy talk then u know exactly how i sound lol.we just shoot the shit around here but im adding all those to my vocabulary.

I am mentally ill dude and I think your words are brilliant.....im glad I clicked in, as usually I avoid your threads after a comment you left on a post of mine, it was a long time ago and I deleted the post, please don't ask me to remember specifics haha.....anyways dude great post and well said
        The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Vapo69 I should have worded it better. I meant that it seems to me that most people (I'm in USA) seem so messed up and nuts. Of course everyone puts on their "sane" mask, but to me, most everyone out there is play acting, which makes them way off in my book. Very few folks seem to know what it means to be authentic and have authentic relationships.

One of my best friends was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic by one dumbass psychologist (I live in a small southern town with lots of crappy doctors). My friend's wife and her parents were convinced of it, but he's no more paranoid schizophrenic than I am Melania Trump. He's just an authentic person surrounded by people who don't know how to do anything other than play games and manipulate others.

So you refer to stuff that's hard for you to do that you see others do effortlessly. I don't know: maybe you are authentic effortlessly, while all those people are phony game players. Name me one person who doesn't have a handicap of some sort or another...

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup "I should have worded it better"...understood!....but I don't understand what this means ?....... " So you refer to stuff that's hard for you to do that you see others do effortlessly. I don't know: maybe you are authentic effortlessly, while all those people are phony game players. "

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          I have my handicaps. But being honest, 100%myself, and speaking my mind aren't one of them. I turn alot of people off with my pure honesty. But no one could ever accuse me of not caring for others. I know you weren't talking to me alltatup just saying. I think maybe pagan can be said to speak his mind here too. Lol

On to a lighter subject, a woman gets on a bus and asked the driver if he liked peanuts? His said yes and the lady handed him a handful after about ten minutes she handed him a second handful he asked her why she dident eat them herself? She told the driver she didn’t have any teeth but loved to suck off the chocolate 😖👎

Comment

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Eeeeeewwwwww lmao

• Jr83
          Jr83 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd have thrown her toothless butt of that bus lol

"Vapo69 commented alltatup No...everyone is not "Mentally ill"....."

But there are many different varieties of cuckoos flying over the nest. Sometimes I'd feel safer in the mad house than in american society. https://youtu.be/3edi2Wkr5YI

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 As Pink Floyd sang in Brain Damage...`The lunatic is on the grass. `

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your post is accepted and noted dude.....and agreed with....I made that comment from my own view and should have looked broader, at the many cuckoo's flying past!......I see people every day doing things so naturally, things that I struggle with......it just seemed a broad statement is all!

• Jr83
          Jr83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im mentally ill and i can speak for all midwesteners were all friggin nuts around here

starramus Changing the topic slightly. Check this out. Being experimented/ thought about with here and in Sweden I believe. Interesting concept and I like the premise, especially in this era of greater use of robotics and less need for humans. alltatup You might find the concept interesting from a social/ political point of view

Comment

Interesting book initially published in 2017. Matt Taibbi has good things to say about it. " Review

"Both a fun read and a breath of fresh air to anyone who lived through the ghastly experience of last year's presidential election season . . . Utopia for Realists argues, with humor and sympathy, that we've all suffered from forgetting how to dream of a better world....What's so interesting about modern America is our hostility to the mere idea of trying to create an easier and happier life. We're a country that was once rich with social experimentation . . . Now we don't really even try, and mostly just scream at each other on the Internet. That doesn't seem like it will get us there. Maybe free money and a three-hour workday won't, either, but it sure seems like it would be more fun to try."
          Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone"

However those who run the world would not approve. This is THEIR utopia!

Comment

We are treading dangerous ground as this should stay an apolitical site.

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              We shall behave ourselves then

Agreed. I have learned a lot from reading the website and now the forum. This is a great place with a really chill vibe. I quit smoking a year ago because of drug tests every month at the doctors so I could get my medicine. I never realized how much smoking helped my bipolar mood swings, depression, and anxiety till I quit. I broke my back, both my elbows, and shattered both knees. It just made my mental health worse not being able to do what I use to and loved. I found growing has brought me a bit of happiness and it is something I can do without killing myself in pain. I’ve done decided I’m growing my own medicine and getting off all the pills. That stuff is crap and will just make you addicted and screw up your life worse than it already is. Having a mental illness is nothing to be ashamed about. It’s not in our control. Guys do tend to have a tendency not to talk about it and let it go unchecked. It’s okay to get it out, especially when it’s to like minded people. Stoners stick together. lol. Have a good day y’all.

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              I got off all pain meds a few years back. Some evil shit that stuff is.

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah opiates suck and docs just want to feed you more instead of using medicine that's naturally grown in abundance.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Saltyveins WELL SAID!! I find that making and using tincture elevates my mood and de-stresses me in a way that smoking/vaping never did. The tincture has to build up in the endocannabinoid system for a while, but it works miracles. If you want a recipe, just ask ;-}

" As long as you KNOW, your crazy, your fine. It's the people that think they aren't, that scare me".
            One of the best sayings anybody ever told me. Definitely have my own issues, 2 years of recovering from my last set of brain injury's, helped me to realize that.
            I really started to see recovery pick up when I did something I hadn't done in years, smoke a little bit of weed. Now I reffer to my greenhouse as my "therapy room", Lol! This site has been so good for me to, just knowing that there is a little bit of kindness and support out in the world, helps a lot.
            I can even ask a question when I'm not sure about an aspect of growing, and don't even get my head bitten off for asking and being ignorant!!
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

Vapo69 Here's what I meant: Some of us get a diagnostic label put on us--chronic depression, social anxiety, OCD, etc, etc--but from my observations, so many of the folks without those labels have some really serious problems that don't get diagnosed in this culture.
              For example Bully/Cruelty Disorder: the need to treat those considered inferior or vulnerable like shit. (I've seen a lot of professors with this disorder.)
              Phony Christian Disorder: the need to show the world what a good Christian one is while refusing to acknowledge all the nasty stuff one does 6 days out of the week.
              Passive Non-Thinking Disorder: refusal to think for oneself; the need to shut down one's ability to think for oneself and passively following the crowd; the avoidance of thinking (usually addicted to watching tv).
              Violent Prejudice Disorder: the need to hate groups of people one has identified as "not like us." The need to project all the evils of the world onto another group and perform acts of violence against that group.

My observations: I'd rather deal with anxiety and depression than be stuck in the psychological and spiritual hell of the above disorders. The way I see it, those disorders cause chaos, discord and tragedy in the world. Like Redwasp says, honesty and compassion for others count for a lot--at least in my book. Not playing those phony games of pretending that everything is so perfect in one's life, but if you look closely, you'll see that's absolutely not true. Being honest about who I am and what I go through. And treating others with kindness. And when I can't be kind, at least doing no harm.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Vapo69
                Vapo69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats a lot to get from "Everybody's mentally ill....."

I think we`re going off topic from the original intention of this post. Words are being misconstrued or people not quite gelling though still talking within the same context. Mental health is a very personal, individualistic nightmare of soul destroying misery and as such, there are different levels and other less graphic interpretations. Let`s draw a line under miscommunication and just appreciate that this site and weed in general really are safe, positive resources for us with `issues` and let`s stop getting into differing nitty gritty chats cos all it`s doing is stopping a celebration and acknowledgement of the benefits and pissing the living fuck out of me seeing this developing negativity. I didn`t post it for that so let`s just chill. All have a volcano or whatever. And before anyone chips in like a bright spark, I`m not referring to anyone specifically, group of people, those with differing race, gender or religious beliefs. That should cover it

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Pagan, I don't perceive any negativity on this topic, unless you mean my description of "disorders" that don't get diagnosed.

No one can control where a topic goes, and I don't think anyone should try. I think this is a very supportive topic--for everyone. No need to get pissed off...

• PaganRich
                PaganRich commented
                Editing a comment
                alltatup I disagree. The topic above, from someone sitting back a tad from it, was getting edgy in places and I`m not suggesting it was yourself or your topic. However we went from positive affirmination to squabbling over definitions, challenging others on interpretations, etc. Now, you are right when you say you can`t control a topic. True. You may be right that how I see it wasn`t how it was intended. True. But I did see it that way and if I did, then there`s a good chance that others might see an underlyiing developing tension which rather defeats the whole post in the first place. I can`t control what others say, I`m just saying we need to chill and re-focus because it`s beginning to come across a bit mardy in places here, that`s all. But I definitely take on board your thoughts. And I say this with all due respect to you as I value your opinion.
                Last edited by PaganRich; 07-29-2018, 02:41 AM.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                PaganRich I have certainly learned from being on this forum that I have no control whatsoever over how folks read my posts. Just the nature of the beast...

I also value your opinion!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X