When should i start trimming my Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When should i start trimming my Plant

So i am new to growing some of you might of seen my older posts my issue is i am not sure if i just keep letting it grow as is or am i suppose to trim the fan leaves some of the lower leaves are not getting light this is my first grow.

Hey Shakem, if she were my plant ,i wouldn't remove any leaves right now, but i would transplant her to a larger pot, you got plenty of time to remove some leaves, plus you can always tuck some of those large fan leaves behind some other leaves to allow more light in.
    Thats a nice looking plant, what kind is she ?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Also are you starting to manifold it? If so ensure it is stripped below that third node. Or at least the colas coming off of it (Not on your third node). D.A.A.S. is full of useful info! He is a walking weed instructional booklet!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, your knowledge far outdoes mine, still learning! Enjoy your weekend as well!

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        D.A.A.S.69 I`m with Qwertywill on this regarding you Daas, mate

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        PaganRich, Thanks for those nice words,but I've been watching your grows the last couple of years,,still trying to learn something new, and you grow nice plants.

She is a Jack herer Feminized seed i am around 23 days since the seed was dropped in the soil she is in a 3 Gallon Pot fairly small right now with height i have not did any manifolding or anything like that to be honest i don't know what manifold means gotta research more.

I plan on doing the topping method in the future i did not have any nutrients up until 3 days ago so she got this far with only Tap Water she got Fed nutrients for the first time last watering with the Flora Bloom Nutrient Pack.

Comment

You will want 5-6 nodes prior to starting it. Nebula has a great article here on GWE. Follow it step by step for great results! I just thought I had seen two colas in the first pic. It will increase your yeild.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Wait till 6 nodes have grown and cut back to 3rd node, then remove everything below the 3rd node. Allow both those branches grow 3 nodes and remove the middle 2 branches leaving 1 and 3. This will give you 8 main colas, 4 on each side. Removi g the middle will leave the 1 and 3 nodes to be on the same sides making it easier to tend to as she gets bigger. Read Nebula's MANIFOLD Tutorial as this is the process I have given you. She has a great design. This is the method I'm using this time, I'm growing 2 Original Skunk #1 plants which have just sprouted. I recently just harvested 3 Northern Lights Feminized ladies. Good luck and have a great grow. By the way she's looking good healthy.

Comment

Yes, jump that Jack up to at the very least a 5 gallon pot... I recently finished a photo Jack and it was a monster! I FIM Ed mine but wish I would have manifolded it... Everyone above has given some very good advice, and take the time to read Nebulas guides on the manifolding, they will be an amazing addition to your learning. Jack will give you some very nice tight buds, and it truly is a great smoke according to my wife. Weed kitty gives it 2 paws up! She tried to give it 3 but fell off the chair.

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Pyro1711 She hasn`t got a sister who`s single by any chance?

• Pyro1711
            Pyro1711 commented
            Editing a comment
            Weed kitty or wife...lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X