Cannabutter questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabutter questions

I'm making another batch of cannabutter soon and have some questions.

1. Is there a limit to how much THC and CBD are absorbed into a certain amount of butter?
    The butter recipe on this site says 1oz bud to 1 lb butter, so in smaller batches that would be basically 14 grams in 1 cup, 7 grams in a 1/2 cup and 3.5 grams in a 1/4 cup butter. I'm wanting to at least double that, so if I put 2 oz in a pound of butter would everything absorb into the butter?

2. Is the recipe the same for coconut oil? so would a normal recipe be 1 oz to 1 pound coconut oil?

3. If I make my butter in a crock pot, what temp am I aiming for and how long do I cook it. (basically I'm hoping for a mini how to)
    I've only ever decarbed first in an oven (at 225 for an hour) then in a pot on the stove with 4 cups of water and a simmer for 90 mins. Then strain the 'water' out by pouring through a fabric bag (made for straining seeds from jam) and setting it aside in the fridge overnight to harden. The next day I take the 'butter' disc off the top of the water and use it.

4. If I use a magic butter machine or crock pot do I still have to decarb first?

Thanks for helping me out.

I can only attempt to answer some as my wife does it all with her meds... Answering as a second hand...

1- Unsure

2- Wife uses her kied collected over time, last time she used a large coconut oil container from costco and a whopping load of kief (I think 30+ grams) I **think** it will absorb alot.

3- Unsure for butter, I know you can use a double boiler on the stove... Coconut oil - Croc pot, low for 24hrs. But it MUST be decarbed prior to activate. Toss in a jar in the fridge to solidify/store.

4- Decarb- Butter machine unsure, croc or stove yes.

Again 3rd party for me, but this is what I picked up. She enjoys using her kief!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Sorry I missread this earlier. In the crockpot after decarbing I use the low setting and I leave it for 12 hours like that. I do not know if there is a max saturation rate for oil or butter but it is much higher than what you make for edibles. The oils they make for vap pens can be pretty close to 90plus percent thc.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X