Moving plant from DWC to soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving plant from DWC to soil

Hi All, well I'm just about had it with DWC and thinking if a change to Autopots ,has anyone done this ?? and what is the procedure ?? and is it worth it .My plant is just not doing anything ,where as my mate started the same seeds at the same time as me and his are huge where as mine is a runt .Any suggestions will be awesome.
    Cheers

Sometimes it's just the seed... I'd start a new plant.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

It could totally be just the seed.

If you end up transplanting into soil, I would treat it kinda like an asparagus crown. Fill the pot like 2/3rds or so with soil andkinda mound it up in the middle just a bit, if it has a tap root, bury that straight down into the soil, and lay the rest of the roots on top and cover. Good soak, less light for the first day or till she gets her stride back. Treat the plant appropriately, feed her if she looks hungry.

Never moved a hydro plant to soil, but that's basically how I have moved plants from just water into soil.
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes you do get a runt, that want get big, but I have seen runts that ended up being the best plants at the end of the grow.
        GreenhouseEffect has given you some great advice above, if you do move her to soil, it's not that hard to do.
        Plus how old is your plant ? Have you got any pictures of her ?
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I doubt that it is all about the seed. Your environment is different than the other growers environment, would be the number one suspect.

Full hydro, is the best method I have seen, even though I choose not to use it. If you want to be a hydro grower, don't give up after one seed, just plant another one and try it again until you figure it out. I would suggest that solving your hydro problem may give you a better harvest than transplanting this plant into soil.

I don't do hydro, because coco is easier, less sensitive, and meets all my needs.

my 2c
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Hi,this plant is 46 days old from germ ,and has been through root rot infection ,a other things as in previous posts ,every day I see something different and wrong with this plant ,like today some of the lower leave are funky ??? Ph is steady at 6.1,res temp 20C air 23C humidity is up and down 65-90 (very wet here in winter )and nothing I can do about that .Like I said my mate plants would be 5 times bigger so that my dilemma ,46 days of power consumption for a plant that's only 6inches .
            What do I do ????????????????????????????????????????????
            Frustrated
            Cheers

Comment

• Jr83
              Jr83 commented
              Editing a comment
              How much nutrients are u using try lowering then you a 1/4 dose or less if need be. i recommend hydroguard for root health.and maybe lower the nutes a bit then ph at about 5.8 wait a week for improvement.it won't grow is its stressed or having to many problems.

• Jr83
              Jr83 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are u phing and checking ur resevoir water level every day? With 1 bucket u might jyst incase

• Jr83
              Jr83 commented
              Editing a comment
              Make sure ur air pump is big enough too

Hey do those roots get exposed to light all the time, or is that just for taking picture?
            Light to the roots is a main cause of root rot, which will then just cause all sorts of trouble. Root problems can look like just about ANYTHING!!

I am not a hydro guy though, just to much to keep track of for me. Nebula does have a good tutorial on getting rid of the root rot. Like somebody else said, if you want to do hydro, then stick it out, and you will learn and get past it, but there is less to keep track of with Coco, and especially with soil. Soil you don't care about PPM or really even PH much, just plant in super soil, water, give her light.
            Sorry, got to try and turn ya to the dark side!
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep living soil is the way to grow, for me anyhow, i done got to old to water everyday, and do all that testing and sh-t.
              All I use is tap water that has been set out for a day or two, and I ain't phed my water in months, and that was just to see if my ph meter was still working, lol
              It don't get no easier than using living-super soil.

Awesome guys ,dark side here I come LOL ,just over this went out this morning more stuff happening .some of the lower leaves are curling under and are very shiny, checked Ph 5.9 PPM 350.Should I do a flush ?? and for how long ?? might give it another week .After that I"ll transfer it to an Auto pot and give that a try ,it's not only the plant that is stressed !lol

Comment

Jr83 I check the Ph every day ,water level stays the same ,and I have heaps of air ,
              Greenhouse,photo just for photo mate no light getting to roots .
              Cheers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X