Rookie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie questions

I have been scouring sites for info and this is by far the best. However I am left with some basic questions.

The setup
    2.5x2.5 tent
    900w mars hydro ii
    fox farm OF
    3 and 5 gal fabric pots
    2 small fans (not direct on plants)
    carbon filter and fan
    plants (WW fem) 5 or less

How long do you leave the exhaust fan running? All the time, only when the light is on or ???

Do you have to exhaust outside or can it exhaust inside the room?

what about smell if you exhaust in the room?

What issues will i have if i exhaust in the room?

Tent is sealed, lower portion open for intake but light explodes in the room and subsequently can be seen from outside...what can I do? Short of boarding the windows

Is the 900w led light too much for the plants?

how many plants for this size tent?

Thanks for any advice provided.

Someone more astute than I will surely come along, but here's what advice I have:

The main issue I can think of if you're exhausting into the room is that that warmer air won't have time to cool down (if you don't have window or central AC) before being recirculated into the tent. Even if that's not an issue, the practice doesn't seem like it would do a lot for temp control.

Is 2.5 the footprint of the tent? How tall is it? I'd suggest no more than two plants in 2.5 square feet, especially if you're training them to grow low and spread out. (I have a 2x2x3 tent and one plant is filling the horizontal space up quickly)

Along with the carbon filter, a jar of Ona gel should work for 1-2 plants. Don't put the gel in the tent.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• SovietStoner
      SovietStoner commented
      Editing a comment
      I second that. my small tent is 2x2x3 and it fits one plant comfortably, or two UNcomfortably (jammed together with very poor air circulation). That's why I got a bigger tent. Now I keep my clones and babies in the small one.

exhaust 24/7
    inside room is ok but there are 2 issues to consider. No exhaust from room = no heat removal. No exhaust could reduce intake of co2 into the room (no air exchange).
    carbon filter a must for smell. Some good, some junk. I prefer Phresh brand
    see item 2
    need good shades/curtains
    900w is a lot. keep them at a good distance
    2.5x2.5 tent??? 2 plants
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I left the system on for an entire day(no plants) and the tent and room stayed at 70-75 degrees so heat isn't an issue, humidity is perfect too

tent is 2.5x2.5x5 ft (should have got the next bigger tent)..hind sight is 20/20..luckily they are cheap

this is my first run, if it works i will do a veg and flower tent

thanks for all the advice

Comment

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        humidity will change when you put soaking wet plants in there so watch it anyway.
        This will become your veg tent soon, or perhaps clone tent. It will have a good use.

I wish you the best of luck. Ask a lot of questions, and don't believe all the answers.

Humidity outside is mid 60%...inside is same

i was considering a duct vent in bottom with an inline fan for intake...

it is a very large room over 800 sq ft; not a closet space

Comment

Run the exhaust fan 24 hrs a day.
        No, you don't have to exhaust outside- I do both.
        I place a carbon filter at the end vent- in the room, not in the tent.
        No issues for the size room you have venting inside to a filter.
        Drapes or perhaps some 1/2" insulation white board.
        900w LED would have to be hung very high- see manufacturers info.
        1 maybe 2 plants.

The success will be determined by the environment you have and how much you need to adjust it!
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Great advice thanks pharma...i have researched so much it all blends together...time to go with what i have learned and try it out...worst case scenario, i run the full cycle, learn a lot and try again...and again and again

fyi i opened one full floor level exhaust for i take and cut a cardboard box to deflect the light...nothing can be seen from outside...for added safety i will use the white board idea

Tent sits at 55% humidity at 75 degrees

Comment

I would say: vent outside, 24/7. Through the carbon filter of course. Cause the plants may not smell much in the beginning, but sure stink up the place a lot in the end.
            Besides, once your new, BIGGER tent arrives, you will want to make that your flowering tent, and if you just vent that tent outside, it will pull all the air from the room out, and keep your temp and humidity stable.

That's what I got: small dryer vent through the wall, inline fan and carbon filter.
            My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
            My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
            My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
            My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

Thanks everyone...all issues were addressed and solved...still working the vent inside vs out...i think for veg i will do inside and outside for veg...

FYI...the foam board Pharma suggested worked wonders on the windows and distributing the light from the intake vent at bottom

i am sure i will have more questions as it continues.

thanks all!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X