Scrog masters: To flip or not to flip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrog masters: To flip or not to flip?

These are grape ape that I was planning on flipping in about 10 days. I need max yield. Will it be too late, too early? What do you scroggers think?
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

A lot can grow in 10 days- too soon to tell- show us again in a week!
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Weed Pharma Main concern is overflow. Will do!
      on a different subject how do you add that footer to your posts?
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Weed Pharma
        Weed Pharma commented
        Editing a comment
        User Settings, Account:

Conversation Detail Options
        Visible Post Elements

Show Signatures

Show Avatars
        Edit Post Signature <------

Wow beautiful!!

Comment

Thanks pharma and insomniac!

Comment

Flip it. You never know how much they'll grow once they start stretching. Far more common to have too little space tan too little plant

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Roger that! Just curious though, what's the danger and the proper protocol if they overflow the scrog?

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            If you run out of space horizontally to bend colas. And they get too tall and close to the light. Also depending on light penetration of each light the canopy could be too deep and lower budsites develop poorly or at least way behind top colas. This is a lesson I just learned with CFLs. The plant kept stretching trying to reach some light for the lower buds but they just got farther away from light cause I needed to raise the lights. Now I have an inch of space between nodes. This does not happens outdoors

9fingerleafs thanks a bunch for the tips. Last (maybe) question.what should I be doing before flipping them? FLUSH? Feed Veg nutes? Introduce PK nutes? 24hrdarkness? I'm all ears!

Comment

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            Give veg nutes before thru two weeks into the flip. This is basically helping them with the stretch.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes keep giving veg nutes. They'll grow faster than ever before. And just when you see they stopped getting talller and start to show pistils its time for a flush and bloom nutes.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I almost forgot. Long period of darkness will induce flower right away and promote stretch. I gave 34 hours of darkness to the grand daddy and she loved it

Stunning Scrog Scape!!
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks tika! Unfortunately I'm caught in a major internal debate as to flip asap or wait another 10 days. And on what to do before flipping.

New piece of info added to my dilemma, I just counted the number of squares that were free of buds, 1/3 of the scrog is still unoccupied.

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            How old are the plants?

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            Flip it now, if you are at 70% canopy fiull

Tika the plants are about 8 weeks old

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah ha..there is the rub. The pros will pipe in but as far as I currently understand the more mature veg the better the flower. Assuming you are able to go the distance. Again in coco coir hand fed I like 60 days basic before I flip...and I LST and defoliate..more now than before. Understand your need for Scrog input. Hang in there

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            PS I really like the female mantis

Tika the mantis showed up one day last summer on the first failed grow. Took it as good luck. Potential future logo?
          I want them to get as big as possible but have no idea about stretch and no idea what to do if it gets overgrown. I do have a plan b scenario in mind of hanging other scrogs vertically at the edges but that's just crazy talk?!

Comment

I did it!!!!! Thanks to you all for the help, what a beautiful thing!!! After much internal and external debate I went ahead and started their period of darkness. About 40 hrs total. Maybe excessive? I want the flower cycle to start at 2pm on Sunday. It's the day I can really monitor all day. Hence the maybe lengthy darkness. I'm 1 week ahead of schedule so tomorrow I'll be busy getting supplies. Thanks again to you all!

Comment

Congrats. You will be amazed

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X