Can you let a plant grow too long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you let a plant grow too long?

I'm growing Shaolin Master auto/fem, I put it in it's forever pot 12 weeks ago today. I had an issue with nutrients, but thankfully got that straightened out and now have nice green leaves as opposed to funky curled ones.
    I figured that it would take a couple of fertilizing sessions to bring it back to life, and she's looking good. A huge plant, but no tight buds yet. The thing is loaded with flowers, but so far no buds. It was supposed to be an 8-9 week plant, but considering I almost lost her I decided to give her another couple of weeks.
    She's had two fertilizations and one regular watering, to runoff, since I'm not using Kind soil, my first mistake. I haven't gone full bore with the nutes, just 6mm per 12 cups. It calls for up to 15mm per gallon.
    Should I up the nutes the next watering or just let her be and keep growing?
    No more nutes for me, Kind Soil from here on out.
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    1- 60w cfl for germination
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
    Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
    Seeds:
    Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
    Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
    Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
    Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

If it's happy - up the nutes.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      she seems happy, so I'll up the nutes. Thanks for the input.

On my second auto grow in FFOF and have learned that autos love cal/mag. It has worked for me... 🤗
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry BC, just reread your post and see they are 12 weeks old... so never mind! 🙄

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      PuravidaC, I couldn't order fox farms, they wouldn't ship it to me for some reason. The nutes I'm using seem to be working, they have the correct NKP ratio, they just got watered and fertilized today. I figure that there was at least a 3 week setback when the nutrients got off, so I'm going to bide my time and wait until they get into tighter buds before harvesting. This is my 5th or 6th auto grow, I lose count, and I have a new sprout ready to go once this plant is harvested. I try to keep two plants going at one time, at different stages so I will have a constant supply. My perpetual grow seems to be coming to fruition. From now on, I will not deviate from Kind Soil, it spoiled me, and I paid the price. Now I will pay for Kind Soil and not look back.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Dlllie,Dillie I dobble dose sometimes😎

Its like relationships. One never knows if they had bailed earlier, would have it been a the right call
    “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm giving her plenty of time to get tighter buds and then I'll figure that it's time to cut her down and enjoy the fruits of my labors, but I clip off of her everyday and smoke some, she's getting stronger everyday....knocked my ass out the other night! That's my kind of relationship, one that helps me sleep.

She never formed buds. I attribute that the the soil. It was the only thing different from all my other grows. I harvested her a few days ago, at about 14 weeks into flower and she's great, even without buds. I have a Kush auto/fem that's very leggy, that has gone into flower. I have had to LST her. I have a Sweet Soma sprouted and almost ready to put into its forever home. This time with kind soil. I have to clean my 5 gal pot this weekend so I'll be ready for her.
    I'm hoping for buds this time. I don't think it's too much to ask for.
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Seeds:

Comment

My girls have already overgrown my veg area !!
      My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
      My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
      My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
      My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I re-did my grow space, just hung a shelf to hang the lights from, put mylar on the wall behind, and have plenty of room for the one plant right now. She's splayed all out since I have done some LST on her. She has flowers all along each branch. I try to buy smaller plants because of space constraints, but the last couple of plants have been huge. The Kush is already as tall as me and I'm 5'2". I can't move the lights any higher so I just bent her over and tied her off.
        Nice girls there. keep it up and good luck.

I don't know what's happening to this plant. It's Kush auto/fem. It's very leggy, and I did some LST on it. My husband says it looks crucified, he can criticize but he sure loves the results.
      Anyway, it's growing in Magic dirt, compost and perlite. I was told to use nutrients, and used veg nutrients until it started to flower, now that it's flowered I've just been using the bloom fuel or whatever the fertilizer is. It's got the right NPK ratio in Nebula's chart. Yesterday it was time to water, it's taking water every 3-4 days or sooner. I PHd the water, added the bloom fuel, not at full strength, but almost, and watered to run-off. I took all the yellowed or dying leaves off of it while it was in the tub. Today there are more yellow and unhappy looking leaves on it. It's got water, nutes, and light. It has a fan on it and the temp is right. Do I or should I put the veg nutes in with the bloom nutes?
      It's not a happy plant, but is going to bud, unlike the last plant, she only gave flowers, no buds, but she was huge and is still fantastic! I'm getting ready to put the Sweet Soma seedling into her forever home of Kind Soil so I don't have to worry about this anymore, but I do want to save this plant until I can harvest. It just seems odd that I have as many if not more sorry looking leaves today, after watering and fertilizing and letting it run off. Am I not holding my mouth right when watering?
      I wish I had pics but my phone doesn't take pics and my camera sucks as some of you know. So all I have is my writing ability to describe what I'm going through.
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X