Clear All

Bud Rot (Oh No!!) with pics

Sad day, need some Growers Love...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3070.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	222036
    Just one cola so far... not the biggest loss cause I caught it early.
    im like "why is there this dead leaf sticking out of the bud?" "Ohhh shiiTTTT capital T"

Name:	IMG_3072.JPG
Views:	629
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	222037
    Bummer... very disheartening: only big phat colas get bud rot, not small or leafy buds.

Seems like it only occurs in summer, either with the increased heat, or the larger nugs, or both, most nugs are bigger in the summer than the winter in my garage. So perhaps there is a correlation.

Gggaaaaahh! That sucks! I'm going through a bit of that myself. Actually, mine were on smaller buds that were crowded under the canopy. Now, I'm paranoid as shit & checking on them 3 times a day.
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

Comment

How is the humidity where you folks are at?
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• BillBates
        BillBates commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on the middle eastern seaboard, about 60 miles from the Chesapeake Bay.... Temp. @ 10am was 90.... RH was 90%.... It's brutal! Gave my outdoors girls 1/2 gal. of plain cool water each @9:30.... may repeat around 2 when the sun just doesn't give a shit about anyone's comfort....they only get about 4 - 5 hrs of direct sunlight so I think they'll be ok..... also I'm thanking Miz Lady profusely for allowing White Widows back into the cool, dry bloomroom.

• KingKush
        KingKush commented
        Editing a comment
        Tika overlooking the Pacific Ocean about a third way up Oregon's coast. One of them small coastal towns nobody ever heard of.
        "Where the land meets the sea"

• Happygrower456
        Happygrower456 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s been crazy here I had to add dehumidifier on top of my ac it’s nuts.

"The kinda fog you need a knife for" 😂😂😂 we get a taste of that here with the corn fields.
      "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
      5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
      600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
      Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
      400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
      ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
      13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• KingKush
        KingKush commented
        Editing a comment
        RosettaStoned

Ew.... I remember what that fog smells like (spent time in a valley floor at an agriculture school surrounded by farming)
        Some mornings, the fog looked green, and tasted like straight up manure/fertlizer.....mmmm fog so thick and rich, you could taste it in your burps later in the day...

outside bud rot is because of humidity ,I think when it condenses at night it gets into the buds if you can cover the plants so that the dew doesn't get on them then they should not get bud rot, at least thats what I wish I could do
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

OJH...Cover them with what? Cheesecloth? Like Baba did her azaleas in the winter?
        If the sun always shone
        How soon the tree would wither
        -- Confucius

Comment

Yea i delt with that a lot, especially in the early days when i used less airflow.
          Written Articles:
          Light Metric Systems
          Using Light Efficiently
          The Light Cycle Debate
          Environment Conditions
          Grow Light Technologies
          How To Compare Grow Lights
          To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
          Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
          Facebook
          Twitter
          Instagram

Comment

• KingKush
            KingKush commented
            Editing a comment
            DrPhoton
            When you constantly improve, former strength can become a weakness. It was good enough airflow when my buds grew smaller! lol.
            Just can't keep up with myself these days

Controlling air flow is the key to avoiding bud rot and mold in eather outside or in grows

Comment

• KingKush
            KingKush commented
            Editing a comment
            Potted Potted
            yea I don't have any sort of climate control other than basic tricks (like leave the door open to cool it down) and the humidity around here is always high. It's just lucky I ever make it to harvest, but that's how my whole grow is setup: simple and sweet. But it's not so sweet right now, dehumidifier shopping is in order.

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t forget dehumidifiers make heat

Originally posted by KingKush View Post
          Sad day, need some Growers Love...

Name:	IMG_3070.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	222036
          Just one cola so far... not the biggest loss cause I caught it early.
          im like "why is there this dead leaf sticking out of the bud?" "Ohhh shiiTTTT capital T"

Name:	IMG_3072.JPG
Views:	629
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	222037
          Bummer... very disheartening: only big phat colas get bud rot, not small or leafy buds.

Seems like it only occurs in summer, either with the increased heat, or the larger nugs, or both, most nugs are bigger in the summer than the winter in my garage. So perhaps there is a correlation.
          I Got serenade fungus spray for that crap last season, my buds just started when should I start spraying?

Comment

• KingKush
            KingKush commented
            Editing a comment
            7vicsmcc
            I dunno I'm probably not the person to ask about how to prevent bud rot
            lol

But as a general rule, once buds form it's time to stop spraying anything. You don't want any chemicals to get on or inside the buds.

But wait, there's more...

Name:	IMG_3105.JPG
Views:	563
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	222310

Name:	IMG_3106.JPG
Views:	552
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	222311
          Checking on my girls has been a roller coaster: was really excited everyday and now I'm scared of what I might find...

Comment

Oh and how bout plant #2
            this girl I was REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to enjoying, damn that nugget is awesome looking!

Name:	IMG_3107.JPG
Views:	628
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	222314

Name:	IMG_3108.JPG
Views:	548
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	222315
            *sigh*
            *cry*
            *why!?!?*

Comment

• BillBates
              BillBates commented
              Editing a comment
              That's such a shame! It makes me feel like checking on my girls.

Yeah like Potted said good air flow is very important you have to have air flowing over and under your plants....

Comment

This is truly a bummer. Sorry brother, been there once.

When new people get upset about losing seedlings if they were to realize what it feels like at this point, after all the care and time....meh, pop another seed and get going. But here you were in sight of the finish line, and got tripped . Little harder pill to swallow.
              "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Ugh!! Sorry buddy!
                I just saw this one yellow leaf on my plant yesterday, and was like" hmm, wonder what that's about?..." Imediately got that bud out of there, harvested the whole lower plant. Makin me worry about the top buds now!
                I kinda get the sentiment of rather it was clamidia, well, ya, kinda!

Growers love for sure!
                and a little self worry bout my self to...
                Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

what is the humidity in your room that shouldn't be happening inside
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
                    GreenhouseEffect commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Assume you may be talking about kingkush, but mine is 40-50's, but some water got spilled on some buds, and somebody was watering whole plant with a hose while I was gone....

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    put a fan on her if you can to get as much off as fast as you can should be ok good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X