Keeping a male.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping a male.

So after getting my seeds yanked twice by customs, saving my own seeds is becoming a more attractive goal. Been thinkin bought it for a while now, something I enjoy doing with my vedgies already.

Main question is, how bad does a male, or a female you cause to herm with colloidal silver, stink?

My main grow area is my greenhouse, because the girlfriend does not like the smell of pot, but I'm thinking about putting a plant or two in the closet down stairs, with a small filter, so I can keep them from pollinating the girls out in the greenhouse.

Who's grown a male before, what do ya think?

Thank you very much in advance!!
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Where are you ordering from? I know a few growers who regularly order seeds and have never had an issue. If you have the space to breed go for it. I personally don't like wasting space ,light and nutes on males. The genetics you get from reputable seed banks are hard to beat. Maybe pay the extra fee for stealth shipping next time.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      Seedsman.
      Ordered several times before, and no problems. Always pay for stealth, got confiscated twice in a row, second time was on seedsmans dime. Figure I am on there list now, so not gonna push it for a while. Agree quality genetics are awesome, and ordering is worth the cost. I do have the space to do a little breeding though, just want to know how stinky a male will get while in the solitary confinement of a closet. Are we talking plant in vedge smell, or holy Bob Marley smell?

Keeping a male? Best to keep them in solitary confinement.

Comment

Use a male, as starramus said, isolation. Collect pollen and just as the females start a decent about of bud, polinate ome cola.... do that a few grows and you will habe seeds in ome cola not the whole plant.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Qwertywill. Really kind of looking forward to growing some of my own seeds( on Purpose!)
        If I can have a coupkle good strains going, I can save seeds from one of them each year, and be pretty set, specially with a couple clones. Just a new dimension of growing I want to play with, maybe even get something real good eventually some day, who knows.
        Will have to find an alternate mailing address eventually though, cause there a lot of strains out there I want to grow still!!

I prefer Nirvana seed, and MSNL, SEEDSMAN has good seeds but no where near as fast and i find to be a pain in the ass. But if you are a good grower go for it. If you know what your doing you may make the next seeds that are what everyone pays for.

If you do i like the name GreenHouseEffect. Lol ill try it.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Nice!! I'm not that good, but maybe some day I will stumble upon some greatness.
        Hmm. Greenhouse effect seed company? Does have kind a ring to it.....

You wouldn't necessarily have to keep the plant after collecting pollen. You'll just have to grow the seeds keep the best. Pollinate those...a little pollen goes a long way. Breed those with the best phenos.. continue the process and distribute pollen. A couple grows you'll have plenty of seeds and plants based off the genetics of one plant and the crosses you decide to dabble with. Good luck with your desicion 😉.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Greenhouse, have you tried to Hermie a female? All seeds of a Hermie are female. Seems like less of a hassle.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Haven't tried it yet, but planning to, with the colloidal silver method Nebula has posted. Thinking of trying one CD-1 clone, and a Bubble Gun Pro clone, to pollinate the clone mother with...Both the plants are feminized from reputable commercial breeders.

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        You don't need to use anything. Just stress the plant or mess with the 12/12 light schedule.

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Ya know, that's a good point. Lot's of things make a plant herm, if I could have a clone ready to flower before the rest of my girls start flowering from the short fall days, I may be able to avoid putting plants in the house.
        My Girlfriend found the plant I had hanging in the closet with a carbon filter, yesterday, didn't say nothin bout it to me, just left a note on the closet that said" Grrrrrr".
        ( to hot right now to hang in my tool shed, and basement is nice and COOL)

Click image for larger version  Name:	4-6-18 Cackleberry female pollen.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	223007Click image for larger version  Name:	3-8-18 Fem CS Sacs.JPG Views:	1 Size:	321.3 KB ID:	223008Click image for larger version  Name:	Snap1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	118.2 KB ID:	223009Click image for larger version  Name:	5-11-18 ww x cackleberry seeds small.jpg Views:	1 Size:	454.2 KB ID:	223010Click image for larger version  Name:	Tails 6-20-18.JPG Views:	1 Size:	133.5 KB ID:	223011Click image for larger version  Name:	6-23-18 breeding.JPG Views:	1 Size:	721.9 KB ID:	223012
      Originally posted by kingfish View Post
      Greenhouse, have you tried to Hermie a female? All seeds of a Hermie are female. Seems like less of a hassle.
      I did a CS experiment on a Greenpoint Seeds Cackleberry (clone from my own mom plant) (Seedbank in Colo. USA)..Did a stress test on her 1st and all was good..just germinated one of her seeds (only pollinated 1 branch of a Seedsman White Widow) and all was good (beginner's luck, I think..LOL)

CS was DIY ..about 40ppm adjusted..

It certainly is fun, but we shall see if "she" does ok growing..
      ( I do have a spare tent that was used in another room)

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you are well on your way. Looking real good.

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Cool, thanks for posting!!
        How bad did she smell, once you got her growing balls instead of buds? Real nice and stinky, or not to bad?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X