Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellowing leaves . Need advise . Not my plants posting for a friend .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing leaves . Need advise . Not my plants posting for a friend .

A friend of mine send me this photo and asked me if I had any ideas

ok so these ladies are normally under a 1000w light and not the led like you see in the photo . They had not been watered yet in the photo so I know they look thirsty. They perked right up so that isn’t the issues , so overlook that . What the issue is , is the yellowing leaves .

Flushed because though it was a lock out but didn’t seem to help . It is newer and older leaves .

They are in 5 gallon fabric pots and get about a 1/2 gallon a day on average. Only if the soil is dry tho . Temp and humidity are in a good range . They get ph water every other watering . And nutes on the opposite watering . They were healthy 2-3 weeks ago before flipped to flower . They got flipped to flower by mistake do to a timer issues . Timer system has a preset for 12/12 and 18/6 and someone flipped the switch and it wasn’t noticed for about 10day so they were just left in flower at that point . But they were still on veg nutes during this time . They have been on a flowering schedule since.

They are about 4-4.5 feet y’all and lights are almost flush to the ceiling. Ceiling is about 8foot tall . So minus about a foot or so for light space and another foot for pot . I would save they are 2 feet or so from canopy to light .

Ppms of nutes im not sure of . But ph is ranges from 6.0-6.4 .
    They are in promix .

i hope I covered everything . These are not mine some I’m trying to give as much info as I can but I’m sure I missed something .

Flowering room is under construction but pic gives a good idea of lights and hight . The plants are currently in another room but same set up . They are 1000w hps.

Before taking any other measures to try to fix the issue . Figured I would get some input from y’all first .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

D.A.A.S.69 Weed PharmaCampesino Chefbjy DrPhoton .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

I was thinking N too . I think the issues is he isn’t water till run off . Watering like 1/2 cup a day instead of a larger water less often . I also told him to cut his nutes in 1/2 . He was using full bottle dosage

Comment

Looks over watered and/or root bound.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

It was under watered in that pic . Perked up after watering

Comment

DankwingDuck ,Loving watching your grow, You are doing a great job, with your plants,
            But your friend is not watering his plant the right way, imo, unless it's so hot, he has to water that way.
            If she was mine, I'd water to runoff, then not water again, until the pot is lite weight, definitely overwatering, I think like @MrFurley said.
            The flush should help with the to much Nitrogen problem, but he needs to change his watering habits, MJ, likes to go from wet to dry, even if they wilt a little , thats still better than drowning the roots, by watering everyday.
            I give mine water everyday, too, but they only get 4ozs of water with Recharge in it, poured right around the stalk, that much want suffocate them.
            PS- he's watering too often, tell him to not water anymore, until the leaves are almost wilting, then water until he gets runoff, then tell him not to water again until the pot is lite weight, or the leaves are almost wilting, and he should be fine, at least that's what I would do ,if mine. Have a nice evening DankwingDuck,
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just trying to help, You wanted my opinion, that's what I would do, Didn't see where you told him to let his soil dry out first, might have missed that part.
              Very important that he lets his soil dry out first, before anymore watering.

• DankwingDuck
              DankwingDuck commented
              Editing a comment
              I will let him know that . I didn’t say that so you didn’t over look it lol . It I did tell him that I thought watering 1/2 gallon a day seemed like a bad routine .

• DankwingDuck
              DankwingDuck commented
              Editing a comment
              You guys are always a lot of hep and I thank you . I told him I thought the issue was him using his grow nutes for that first 2 weeks of bloom . And the higher N may have been the problem .

A lot of what your saying is what I told him but you know how people are . I tell him he is kinda on the fence about it. But he sees a few people saying same thing and he listens. I wasnt thinking they were over watered . But it is very possible . But I didn’t like his watering practice either way.

He is a new grower and me an another friend are just trying to help him out so he doesn’t destroy all his hard work .

There are too many different issues throughout this plants life, as mentioned above-
            It leads me to believe the grower is contantly tinkering and adjusting everything on a daily basis - TOO MUCH TLC-
            My suggestion is to back away from everything for about a week (except pHed water after a complete drying out) and then you will be able to see what the current issue is (if any).

Not much can be done about the plant's parts already affected- but stop stressing the plant, as they love consistency and it doesn't need much more- than a good environment here on out to make it to harvest!

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

I'm going to agree with Weed Pharma on this and that there is alot going on here. With those watering practices there's no doubt that there is heavy salt build up. The soil should probably be leeched like Campesino mentioned. There seems to be a definite toxicity imo but with full bottle doseage guessing around 1200ppm+ everytime and not watering to run off (leeching) could be anything. You didn't mention the ppm of run off but I'm guessing it's very high.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m not sure what they are but either way I’m sure they are higher then need be

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X