Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone here make any of their own nutes, soil amendments, and or fertilizers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone here make any of their own nutes, soil amendments, and or fertilizers?

i just got the GO BOX in and my megacrop should be in any day now i might run a mix of the two at half strength and see how it goes i want to do some comparisons eventually since i make my own biochar compost and vermicompost and im fiddling with korean natural farming ima run a some side by sides of bottled/bought stuff vs stuff i make at home with natural organic stuff..

for example knf shows you how to make your own veg, bloom, fish amino acids, plant extracts (auxins, growth hormones plant growth regulators) sprout seed teas are full of stuff plants need to grow and enzymes..

everything in knf works together for the best results!

what is knf? Korean Natural Farming.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl1n1UVWZew

Fish Amino Acids so ima gonna take clones and try to grow one with everything i made vs everything that came out of bottles and bags or buy a good fish amino acids http://www.gardenerspantry.ca/blog/fish-fertilizer.html this is an example of what you are making and all you need is fish and brown sugar and time! you can make it with squid instead or even mix it in the gox box one of the bottles is squid extract or something like that and this is basically what it is.. fish emulsion fish

FPJ / FFJ fermented fruit juice/ fermented plant juice which is for veg/bloom and you make it the same way as faa you use brown sugar to ferment and extract everything out of plants weeds fruits flowers and so on... what should you use? for veg fpj you would want to find weeds and plants that are thriving and growing fast and strong in your area for examples comfrey dandelions nettles... for ffj you should use cucumbers banana peels and banana flowers are great you dont want to use citrus but you can use almost any fruits and plants to make these.. for fpj you dont want to mix your weeds together when making a batch if you want to use different types of plants you need to make a dandelion fpj and then a seperate comfrey fpj and then if you are gonna mix you do so right before feeding your plants..

jadam is the easiest way to ferment plants for a fertilizer you just take grass or weeds thats thriving in your area and soak it in water i use rain water and you can even use some pee in there let it soak for a month and then dilute 10-1 for feeding

everything needs to be diluted if you follow guides online they will show you how much usually only a few tablespoons for 5 gallon bucket..

IMO indigenous microbial orginisms is basically farming healthy microbes to use in your farm/soil this takes alot of steps but you can start adding it to your soil at imo 3 and 4 and you can use imo 2 to mix in with anything you are making for microbe boost

LABS lacto bacillus or EM1 effective micro organisms the stuff you buy at the store and the stuff they use to make bokashi.. this stuff can help break down land fills instead of letting everything rot and release methane gas everywhere cool story on it on youtube.. anyways you acn make it with just some rice water that you get from rinsing rice and some milk and you can make your own! this is the good stuff in your gut digesting your food for you and the healthy stuff in yogurt..

WCP water soluble calcium phosphate.. easy way to make your own.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AC-oe00Crs

i make my own bio char and compost/vermicompost.. the base of my worm bed and compost before everything goes in is bamboo leaves for carbon coffee/tea for nitrogen and charcoal to get activated then some good compost to get it started and some labs to help get microbes in there and if i had imo id add some of it too! then id add food waste and anything else..

basically you can make everything a plant needs naturally diy im still learning this but i want to be able to compare what i make with stuff i buy and see how big of a difference it is

id like to make some videos of side by sides maybe i can get a youtube going since noones doing this ppl do one or the other but noone is mixing the two and using it to grow cannabis.

knf is perfect for any type of no till or organic grow! you can go vegan with it to and replace the fish with green manure made from plants!

so do anyone here make anything them selves or do everyone here buy everything they use on there grows!

its so much to put all in one post if anyone is interested its all over youtube and google.. ill help with what i can.

Comment

Here is what I do:

Soil Mixture Formula:

Roots Organic Original 1.5 cf = 2x 5 gal buckets to each bucket add:

Dolomite @ 5 gal =(180g /6oz) 3/4 cup

Epsom salt @ 5 gallon= 35g

Diatomaceous Earth @ 60-75g topdusted

Neem cake @5 gal= 60g/2oz

Bti-bits @5gal= 15g/1 tablespoon

Mixed together about 4-6 weeks before needed!

Simple easy and enough to feed a plant- transplanting one time- before flower!

Last edited by Weed Pharma; 06-29-2018, 10:37 AM. Reason: Added specific Roots Organic soil- it matters.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        I added some kelp meal as well...ty for the recipe. 😃.

bat guano comes in high nitrogen or high phosphorus depending on where they come from and what they eat..

i got a bunch of red wigglers and im doing it now im making 2 bins maybe 3 ima make vegging worm castings enriched bin and then a fruit/blooming bin.. out of the two bins the difference will be one will be fed more fruits and stuff containing p and k while in the veg worm bin ill be adding nitrogen and silica filled scraps, dolomite lime and D earth might be going into all the bins there will be more stuff and of course ill be using the base i got in the wheel barrel i plan on having a 3rd bin that i wont fight back all the insects and other composters that rollie pollies black soldier larvae i hate maggots but if they get in there idk how to get em out but if they are eating and shitting on themselves i dont see it harming anything and its helping break shit down! the castings in this box will be going into the farm mostly i will do a comparison but itll be months down the road...

i usually just toss coffee and tea in the worm bins and they alreaydy have bamboo laeves well i didnt realize how hot that stuff gets ima bring a thermonetr out there later and check but its almost too hot to touch its not burning hot but its close! i cant hold it in my hand longer than a sec its the hottest compost ive ever touched.. good thing i know this now cause itd kill my worms if i had them in there or anywhere near it.. im thinking the wheel barrel helped with the baking but wow that shit was HOT! ima toss a bunch food scraps in there to start breaking down and once its cools off ill split it into two and start my veg/bloom bins. also if need be i can mix the two depending on the situation to make the approiate mix for what i need..

Comment

the reason i came up with this was because i thought i was putting to much fruit and melon type of scraps and i was worried what if it was too much so i figured id make two batches at a time for now at least.. and i have plenty of worms for 2-3 bins

Comment

• freddyyola
          freddyyola commented
          Editing a comment
          lol find a speech to text app im sure theres one on your phone if you are on here from there lol

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Never thought of that. GALAXY 9 something or other so probably.

• LosTweed
          LosTweed commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s all about succint communication. That can make your world and those around you abundant with ideas.

yeah when you go to type in what you want the keyboard pops up and should have a mic icon tap that and speak lol itll type it for you i taught my dad how to use that sice he wasnt so tech savvy not even enough to text lol

Comment

Does a pothead shit in a PortaPotty?
          “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure if your serious. But I do still have an outhouse on one of my properties. Lmao But seriously I do

Freddy, how did your FPJ and ffj come out?

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't expect a reply, this person has not been here in over 2 years.

Worth a shot

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X