Built myself a seed starting chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built myself a seed starting chamber

Finally got around to building a seed starting chamber. 32 in long 17 in wide and 40 in tall. Length and width and just double the size of my light. 40 inches is so I don't harm the seedlings with the light. Just need to go get some clear plastic painter's tarp. I could use plywood cause I have like 3000 sq ft of mylar.

Happy growing.

Madman

The light was $140 on Amazon. I have had fantastic luck with it or I would have used my 4 ft T8 lights. You are correct. A bank of CFLs would be cheaper. This is mostly for an experiment. I have another 12x12 led that's probably better suited but have yet tested. I will build a chamber for that light as well. I just did this one 1st cause of my experience with it.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought my cloneing chamber for like 200$

I think I have like $6 in the frame. I was going to use 2x4s but happened to see these lying around. I have 2x4s lying around as well but didn't require them.

Comment

I will be building the other chamber today or tomorrow. I will post side by side comparisons of the plants. I love doing that kind of stuff. Only thing is I don't know how far above the plants for the other light. It's nowhere near as intense. It's barely able to keep adult plants alive. Probably start with 12 inches above the seed cups. I like to use the blue square containers that mushrooms come in. I found there's less transplant shock and almost no bound roots. They just ryn back and forth around the bottom. I will try to remember to get some pictures of the roots from the square container.

Comment

Found a picture from a square container. Normally the roots are more developed when I transfer.

Comment

I am new too. I try to help where I can. Biggest tip I can give you from my experience is to check on the plants daily. Both times I killed them is when I just let them be. For some reason my plants don't seem to need me much. That's how I ended up forgetting about them.

Comment

Here it is all finished and being used. Took just over an hour. Probably could have been done faster had I gathered everything needed before starting.

Comment

That looks good man. What brand and wattage is your light. I am looking to be able to raise and lower mine. Unfortunately i am not very handy. At all.

Comment

It's a 1500 watt double ended led by CRXSUNNY. It's about $140 on Amazon. The plants love it. All my soil plants get over 3 ft tall and the stalks are super thick.

Buy some of these for raising and lowering ligtsl. $5-$10 for a pair.

Comment

Stalk picture. I will get one of my other plant tomorrow night. And I will get pics of my dead plant stalks as well.

Comment

I have a friend who bought a humidifier at walmart for 30 bucks and one of those really cheep green houses he hooked the humidifier up inside the tent and it keeps the plants with high humidity from what I can see it works fantastic I'm looking to do the same thing but I wont have any clones for awhile
                    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                      DankwingDuck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got a 30$ one from Walmart and put it in my 4x4 tent and saw no difference in rh at all . Well maybe 5% tops but not a notable difference for my grow space .

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X