Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7th week; deficiency? light burn? opinions appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th week; deficiency? light burn? opinions appreciated!

I wish I could say I thought this was normal late flower deficiency but i don't think so.

the low down:
    it's a random diesel lineage genetic in a blend of happy frog, coco and perlite.

looked healthy and vibrant yet a little dark at week 2.5 of flower so i backed off of the grow nutes and then she yellowed almost instantly.
    (400-1000 ppms of a 3 part + cal mag (RO water) PH 5.7-6.1 weeks 1-3)

fairly extreme defoliation at day 21

ppm's raised to 1400 at week 3 and back down to 800, she greened back up until now and the yellowing happened almost overnight--
    there were some light leaks and night humidity problems. watering about every 3-4 days.
    the yellowing is all over, random and not affecting every plant (yet)
    however, they all look stunted and kinda crappy.

ideas?

What brand of nutrients? What light? From clone or seed?

They look pretty good to me, a bit small.

Comment

• francis pharmer
      francis pharmer commented
      Editing a comment
      it's a hodge podge of nutes...Cutting Edge solutions 3 part + additives=cal mag plus/god silica (once a week)/ an bud xl /a bit of hydroplex for extra p.
      from clone
      hps DE 1000 watt
      they're only at 7 weeks--Waay to early for a sativa to be ripening.

Damn..have you checked tricomes at all yet..

Comment

• Royal Nugs
      Royal Nugs commented
      Editing a comment
      No, they look done... like harvest time done...

Check the trichs.

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ding ding ding ding....

• francis pharmer
      Editing a comment
      sorry- was referring to the pistils being dark in that last comment. yes, just checked trich's-- they do not look ready yet to me. will post pic below

PH problem for sure. Way to acidic for soil. Regardless of ppm the plant cannot absorb nutrients in that ph. Try to water at 6.5 I'm sure they'll get better

Comment

• francis pharmer
      Editing a comment
      should've mentioned...it's 1/3 coco, 1/3 soil and 1/3 perlite. Every coco blend chart i have checked (botanicare slacker etc) always says that you should go with the hydro numbers for coco based media so i've kept it at the lower end. The ph has been whacky though since i've had to switch to RO, after i add my nutes it's down towards 4 and i have to add ph up. i'll try raising it to 6.5 -- thanks for the suggestion
      Last edited by francis pharmer; 12-01-2016, 07:13 PM.

Plants stop vegetative growth at 3 weeks into flower- Some strains start to yellow fan leaves, as soon as you flip to 12/12-
    All in all, you will make it to harvest and they look within normal limits to me!
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
      PH problem for sure. Way to acidic for soil. Regardless of ppm the plant cannot absorb nutrients in that ph. Try to water at 6.5 I'm sure they'll get better
      This makes sense to me as i have the same leaf symptoms on mine at approximately the same timeline but i know mine is a pH thing. Being sick for the past week i went a few days without checking my PH as i was doped up on cough medicine only to test it a couple days ago and had a ph of 4!! However the color of the pistols is throwing me off a little. Try what 9fingerleafs said.

Comment

In the 4th pic, the sugar leaves look muddled. I don't know if it's just smashed trichomes or possible bugs. Probably not since the fan leaves look clean, but just an observation. Maybe take a peek under those leaves... look for little brown/white dots....

I don't know about the ph suggestion, 6 should be fine for coco/soil mix.

Comment

• francis pharmer
          Editing a comment
          what do you mean by "muddled"? i noticed a reddish sheen that i thought might be indicative of a P issue. No mites but i do use predators for both mites and thrips.

i have an indica strain as well that does not seem to be having issues at ph6.

• Royal Nugs
          Royal Nugs commented
          Editing a comment
          The white streaks on the sugar leaves. I had some mites that got into some sugar leaves and they looked a bit like that. Some were even on top of the sugar leaf which is uncommon...

You check those trichs for ambers yet?

Wait when you say 7th week do you mean from seed or from flowering. If it's from flowering the pistol color makes more sense to me and i would say it may be close to harvest time and that leaf discoloration seems to happen...at least to me it does.

Comment

• francis pharmer
          Editing a comment
          yes, sorry, should've mentioned that. 7th week of flower. wasn't going to start flushing until next week but am going to start tomorrow. she matured too early for some reason.

Check the trichomes and use this guide to see exactly when to harvest but i would say you are close my friend!
        Learn exactly when to harvest your weed, using two different methods so you have perfect accuracy.

Comment

not sure if you can see in pic but i'm seeing only clear and some cloudy and very little amber. if she's finishing, it happening extremely early for some reason.

Comment

Gotta scope the buds, not the sugar leaves. But if you don't have ambers on your sugar leaves, I doubt you'll have any on your buds.

The reason we all think she's close to finish is because at first glance she looks done... to me anyway...

Comment

• francis pharmer
              Editing a comment
              ahh.. ok. will check the buds as well! i hear you... i think she looks done because the pistils turned brown early because of whatever issue she's having. i'm guessing some sort of lock out or some burn...? there's a lot more red on some sugar leaves today.

she seemed very sensitive to nitrogen early on and perhaps that affected the maturation and bud size? i'm not sure...i stopped adding grow nutes at week 3 but between the cal mag and the base--that's an N of 6...do you think that could be what happened? perhaps the yellowing was later stage N excess?

• Royal Nugs
              Royal Nugs commented
              Editing a comment
              Excessive nitrogen in flowering creates airy buds if I remember correctly, they look compact to me. I wonder if you got a crappy clone?

• francis pharmer
              Editing a comment
              yes, you're right... they aren't airy at all dense but small. i took the clones from healthy moms but who knows...

It could be a couple weeks out but it is definitely looking good and mature. At this point i wouldn't worry too much about the leaves. Just keep an eye it. It may start to bulk up in preparation of harvest time.

Comment

• francis pharmer
              Editing a comment
              i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a little more bulk!

here's one of her sisters that doesn't have any yellowing but looks kinda dark and definitely stunted. doesn't look as done as the other one...
            in the last photo, you can see the distinct red on the sugar leaf...

Comment

Dude it's harvest time...
              I zoomed in on last set of pics
              And this one...chop chop

Comment

Ding Ding Ding!! It's done..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X