Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is a slight light leak that serious? what about the moonlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is a slight light leak that serious? what about the moonlight?

is moonlight okay? can we mimic the moon light? i have my lights in my room off but i like to leave the closet half an inch open to get a little air and keep from going stale.. i do have a fan but i left it off past two nights cause i think to much wind could be bad? ima take em off the timer tomorrow though.. it dont get hot i just like the fan to produce T H I C C stems create trunks lol but yeah i dont understand how a little bit of the tiniest light could hurt a plant.. i mean they can live in 24/0 if they had to!

Yeah dont risk it during flowering. They will go hermie so easy. I still dont understand why. I cant understand why the moon is ok but 1 Fucking peep of light can do that.

Comment

Moonlight is of low flux and wavelength to activate key phytochrome recepters. I usually go into much detail, but alast im lazy today. Or this month for that matter. It might have something to do with me drinking of late lol.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        I assume you mean on average? Or at a direct angle? Because the flux vector changes at different angles. Sorry think i asked that right. Been awhile since i took physics.

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats peak flux yes, i was being generous. If you happen to be located at very high altitude coinciding with a supermoon (when the moon is closest distance to earth) then you can get as high as 0.32 lux or 0.006 umols. This is covered in a paper called "How bright is the moonlight" by Christopher C M. The angle of light is irrelevent when measurements are taken with sensors that use cosine correction. As a result all incident light that would naturally result on a surface area, such as a plant leaf. Is correctly measured at all angles.

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        I just remembered having to use the cosine in the damn equation in tests. I know its insignificant as far as that goes unless your talking sunlight but just trying to clarify.

I agree with these guys, don't risk any light leaks in flower for photo period plants. If you have trouble keeping the grow pitch dark during lights off you can try auto flowers instead of photo periods.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

I just use green lightbulbs around the grow area. That way I can see what I am doing and can work in the grow room during the dark period.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

While I would never recommend it, because the prevailing internet belief is doom for your plants.

I grow my photoperiod plants in a tent with the lower window(s) open/tented/partially open or otherwise - not light tight and I use the daytime hours for tent darkness- so there is some natural & artificial light getting into the tent all day.
          There is also a couple of red LED's from the timer and power bar above the plants, too.

Going on 2 years and no hermies, no seeds in alll that time and no ill efects on the plants and a much lower stress on the grower worrying about such things!

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• freddyyola
            freddyyola commented
            Editing a comment
            i was wondering if the plant was used to having a light leak all through its life itll be ok but if it is used to pure dark nights a light leak can throw off its day and night inner bio clock since they judge veg and flowering by how long the day or short the night was disrupting that is what i think cause stress and hermie but if you start a plant out with light leaks itll adjust to it and grow as long as conditions stay the same but this is just my hypothesis..

okay thanks guys i knew it could cause a plant to hermie just didnt understand why well ill make sure to keep the door shut i have 2 good plants left and 2 shit plants i hope to get a harvest this grow saving money from buying street price bud is enough to save up for my next grow to be more legit

Comment

cause i just took them off 24/0 to 19/5 and i forgot to take the fan off lights line i will do that today for sure and i just wanted to keep the door crack so it dont get to stuffy in there but since it was used to 24/0 i didnt think a light leak would harm it to much cause it was used to being up all day and night but once a plant starts a sleeping schedule just like people they get stressed when woke up in the middle night and cant sleep just imagine getting on a plane and fly across the world just so it could still be night time youd be thrown off your schedule..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X