Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got a ph and tds pen off amazon but i think they are way off..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a ph and tds pen off amazon but i think they are way off..

ph says my well water is right under 3.0 and that bottled water clover valley is a 2.8... wouldn't i notice the water taste funny or weird if it was that acidity... sucks that it needs to be calibrated right out the box.
    it should say some where on the box or where you buy it that it needs a calibration and it should came with at least 1 set of ph buffers.. cheap bs! gotta learn not to fuck with cheapest shit its a reason its so cheap!

any ways til i get my buffers in from amazon is there a diy to calibrate your pen i have some baking soda and apple cider vinegar and i think my water is on the lower side of the ph scale just not at 3.0 maybe a 5 thats why im having phosphorus and other lock outs made sure not to over water and it starting look good but i need to figure something out also i got recharge comuing in with the buffers it should help with the ph and lock out bs!

i have used cocacola and apple vinager to calibrate, both ph 2.4

Comment

Usually the pH pens I've purchased online come with powder to make a calibration solution with distilled water. Why would you think that the pen shouldn't need calibration before using? Even the highest quality meters need calibration to maintain accuracy.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        first time buying a pen i only thought it wouldnt need to be calibrated cause they should come leaving the factory calibrated but since it didnt com with calibratraion solution it gave me the thought it didnt need a calibration but since it does!!! it should come with 2 packets of the ph buffer why cheap the fuck out at least say it will need to be calibrated solution not included..

I have the the cheapest pH pens I could find. I have two of them, and they pretty much stay in agreement. Two pens are better than one like heads. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-PH-...EAAOSw5UZY~zAH

I even cheapout on calibrating liquid. I use just plain old distilled water at 89 cents a gallon. Distilled water is neutral at pH 7. Also use it for cleaning the pH bulb. It works for me at the the lowest possible cost!

Comment

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        oredered a new one the glass buble on the electroe is busted maybe thats why its so off oh well the tds meter that came with it is good sofuck it even though i dont really need one i needed the ph pen

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Also have this pH tester adjuster. Chinese electronics can be flakey and this is a little more trouble, but infallible. https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydro...ter&th=1&psc=1 The good old tried, and true.

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks bro i found a good one for 8 bucks https://purse.io/product/B07CWDBYFT and cheaper on purse.io its a way to use btc to buy on amazon you copy and paste the link to purse and pay in btc they hold it in escrow and someone will buy your order and send it to you for the btc you paid so its a trade and for 5% off its automatic you dont have to wait for someone to pay for it instead itll go through right awya and you will get your order in two days if prime/fastshipping available if not itll be regular shipping but you get the option to get more of a discount you can raise it from 5-33% off the total price but the more of a discount you try to get the harder it is to get someone to trade/buy your order for you but iuts simple to figure out check it out if you use btc and amazon alot

something gotta be wrong with this bs pen same exact yellow one ph on top atc above the where the black bottomcover goes pos wont let me calibrate past 6.5-6.9 says my well water and bottled water are 2.6-3.0 so i knew it was off but i cant calibrate the pos it said pineapple juice was 3.4 but my water was less wtf

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Try regular milk, I think it's supposed to be right about 7.0ph, or close to that.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Try soaking it in distilled water over night to get the deposits off of it.

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        its glass bubble busted i think thats why itrs off but yeah it said vinegar was more alkaline than my water from well and bottled water also baking soda water should be at 9 and it still read 3.3 thanks for the tips though i just order a new one that will come with solution

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X