Manifold Pruning before the flip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manifold Pruning before the flip

I’m there now...Growing 5 Older version Gorilla Glues~sativa, in 10 gal fabric pots with amended Happy Frog Soil, under 1000w hps. The ladies are pushing for the flip and I’d like to prune them but am not real sure to what extent I should be pruning them. Should I Lollipop or should I leave them alone? Each of their 8 main cola’s has ~ 7-8 nodes (10 prior to yesterday’s trim)

Nice looking Manifolds Peacefuleasyfeeling

I lollipop mine totally up through the third node on each cola. I only leave a couple good growth tips on nodes 4-6, and I flip at about the point you're at now (maybe earlier). There is no one correct answer to this question though. You're girls look great and will produce regardless. I just want the plant to focus on the main colas at the top instead of growing a rat's nest in the middle.
    Check out my journals and you'll see lots of pics of how I do it.
    Cheers

Comment

• Peacefuleasyfeeling
      Peacefuleasyfeeling commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, these are my 1st manifolds & ive taken some tips from your journals, thanks for sharing. I was thinking I’d lollipop a couple of them and see which produce more.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, absolutely! Experiment and see what works best for you and what you prefer!

There also isn't a time limit. I end up pruning some growth later in flowering when it is clear it won't really contribute much. So try some different methods and see what you prefer. You aren't really going to screw up with any of these decisions at this point - just different kinds of results.

My experience over the past 3 grows has shown me that it depends...
    Plant phenotypes dictate how to train them. If I have a lanky girl that want's to stretch and has enough room for interior growth, I'll try and enhance that growth. On squat Indicas that just stack on top of itself, they will just turn into a ball of bud if you don't remove interior growth.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Peacefuleasyfeeling
      Peacefuleasyfeeling commented
      Editing a comment
      Ur absolutely right. My last grow was my first indoor grow. Once I hung my light I had ppl handing me seeds left & right 19 plants total all of bag seed so I knew nothing about any of them just figured it out along the way. But that grow taught me what’s good for one strain isn’t exactly best for another

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X