Need help fast! Plant is dying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Need help fast! Plant is dying!

Hi everyone! I have a single indoor plant growing that I think has run into some problems.
    I've posted on here before (https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...pinions-advice )
    everyone was really helpful! However, now I think the plant's taken a turn for the worst.

I did a pot transfer a couple weeks ago. The plant was getting too big for the pot it was in, and I was beginning to suspect some sort of mold growing. after the transfer, the plant looked as if it was recovering! (No mold as far as I could see). Until about a week later when lots of leaves decided to pack up and die! thought it could be nitrogen deficient so I upped the nutes which again, I thought it was appreciating and recovering from... only to wake up this morning to find it's looking worse than ever. Pulled a few big leaves off the middle, the bottom layers are barely growing laves (Just tiny little ones only, which are dying quite quick).

I'm now starting to think it could be that my Light isn't strong enough, and that the bottom leaves wont grow because they cant reach the light as much? Or that the humidity was too high (Over 60%) But I bought a dehumidifier and brought that down to 35%... but still the problems occur. my last guess is that I've gone the other way and put too much nutrients in... I honestly doubt that one though because I didn't over load it with extra nutes and I don't think it looks like that sort of thing but like my other post says... I am just a new grower going through a lot of trial and error!

Will post the best pics I can below. Any and all advice is extremely appreciated!

Side note: I've not long started a 12 hour light cycle with the plant to initiate flowering. The (Very small at the moment) Buds are looking great! sorta Just tiny little bundles of hairs! Want them to keep growing but fear the plant could just pack up at any point.

Thanks a lot guys! (If you want details on anything, just ask)

Good Morning 361, that is a nice plant,and I sure hope you get your problem solved.!!
    What kind of lights are you using? And how close to the plant ?
    What kind of soil are you using ,or is that coco ? Anyway it looks like it needs some perlite or something similar so it can get oxygen.
    It could possibly have been extremely root bound, before you transplanted, or even hurt during transplanting.
    What is you water-feeding method, how much and how often ,?
    I sure hope we can get this fixed soon, because that's a very nice plant.!!
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are very welcome, but that is very close for you light, you might have to bend the tops away from the light before long.
      Are you checking your ph, both in and out, and what kind of water are you using ?
      I try to grow organic, But some folks use half of whatever is on the nutrient bottle, some use more, the new growth on top looks good doesn't it, I can't tell very from your pictures.
      But we will get it figured out, that's a very nice plant to lose, we don't want that.

• drumster361
      drumster361 commented
      Editing a comment
      The growth on top is looking great yeah! Can't see any problems there. I've put some smaller LED's around the room to give it more light. I do need to raise the main light more but I'll need to make something in order to attach it to the ceiling! lol

As for the water, I tested the PH of my tap water with a tester kit I bought online and it was consistently between 6-7ph (Mostly was on the higher side at like 6.85... hope that's not too bad?)

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Ph is irrelevant at this point if you're in miracle grow with time released nutes imo. And adding nutes on top of it will speed up the process of devestation.

Is it possible the lower leaves arnt getting enough light? Your first picture looks really dark on the lower end of things. If this is possible may need to defoilate a bit, or add some side lights for additional light...

Your top is looking great!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• drumster361
      drumster361 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot! Yeah the top is by far the most attractive part haha but I've taken your advice and put some smaller lights around the side to light the whole room up some more. Hoping that'll help for now but if not then I'm thinking I'll have to buy a bigger main light to do the job instead. Only got 300W at the moment and I'm not sure it's enough for a plant of her size

If this happened since you transplanted. I think you might have damaged the roots. I hope not.

Comment

• drumster361
      drumster361 commented
      Editing a comment
      The transplant was done extremely carefully and I did a lot of research before hand to make sure I did f*** it up! lol
      So I think I'm okay on that front. But that's not to say the roots aren't damaged at all right?

I see a bag of miracle grow. Not good for cannabis if it has time released nutrients. Does the bag say feeds for x days/months? If so that's more then likely your problem.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• SamHeinous
      SamHeinous commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a good eye. Yeah don't use MG on cannabis.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      I was about to ask what medium they were using until I zoomed in for a closer look. 😉

• drumster361
      drumster361 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi guys, I did actually know about this type of "6 month feed" Soil being bad for cannabis. So when I was looking for something to start the grow, I saw the miracle grow and compared it to others that were on offer. The soil does have some nutes already, but it was the best thing I could get with what I had! Although It didn't say it had any feed for any amount of time of the bag. (Or at least not in bold print) So I just picked it up.

Given the chance again and knowing what I know now, I'd definitely look a lot further and be more specific when choosing the growing medium. Thanks a lot though! bit of a newbie to it all, but I'm loving it so far!

My first grow long long before GWE, and the rest of the grow web sites I used Miracle Grow. I did get smokeable shit, but I do not recommend it now of course.

Comment

• drumster361
      drumster361 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no! Well I hope she turns out alright for me! perhaps the strain could make a difference in some cases? Anyhow, I've got Fingers crossed that she'll makes some nice buds for me! lol

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know people that still use MG, and never here them complain, about anything, they doctor it up with all kinds of different stuff, an swear by it. Lol

• drumster361
      drumster361 commented
      Editing a comment
      We can only hope I get the same results! Bit worried at this point though

Hopefully it does go well for you. But that looks like a serious problem and I'm pretty sure it's the soil. And if it has a lock out from the time released nutes adding more nutes isn't going to help. Water with plain ph water between 6.5 and 7 and 🙏.

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Saying it could be releasing more of one thing and not another. I.e. taking in too much potassium will make it harder for the plant to take in calcium or magnesium. The leaves look like they're just shriviling on the bottom because the plant is stealing what it needs from those leaves to keep the top growing. If it continues in rapid progression it may be fatal. I can't tell you what it's fighting for that's the bad thing about miracle grow.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chefbjy, is right MG is not good for growing MJ,

• drumster361
      drumster361 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a real shame. If I knew it mattered that much I wouldn't have ever used it! I'm going to post some clearer pics below. hopefully give everyone a better idea. Not sure how to do it in this comment though.

So what's the verdict guys? Have I really messed this up? it was all going so great up until the past 2-3 weeks.

Just an FYI the plant is getting huge now, it's over 6ft and struggles to stand upright. I very loosely wrapped string around the stem, and tied the other end to the ceiling, just so it can be supported to get more light.

If you guys want anymore pics, feel free to ask! I need as much help as I can get haha

Comment

• drumster361
      drumster361 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have to take a closer look at the bag soon but for the ec/ppm reading you were talking about, Found something on amazon that's not expensive. would this be suitable for what I need?
      ( https://goo.gl/sDU9U1 )

I already have a PH tester, but that's all it does, is test PH.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that's what you want. Using that to test your run off will help a bit. But the time released nutes are going to be hard to leech out.

• drumster361
      drumster361 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, I'll give that one a go then! Since posting this, the plant hasn't deteriorated any more or less. I read the side of the bag and sure enough there was a little text bubble saying "Season feed"... Just wish I had been more informed before hand! haha

I'll get that tester for now and see how things go. What numbers should I be looking for when I do test?

The numbers will tell you how much fertilizer is present. Test run off should be within range of feed chart ppm.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X