Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agentbuckwold3 View Post
    Hey everyone!
    I've come to peace with the fact that the way I grow requires next to no space. My first grow was in one of those prefab grow boxes and it went awful. Way too hot with temps in the high 90s and it advertised that the carbon filter sheets behind the weak PC fans would hide the smell which was a total lie. So I took it upon myself to build a smaller and more efficient box along with a custom hand stitched fabric pot that is 4.5gal standing at only 4.5in tall. The dimensions of the box at 30"h x 24"w x 18"d. This was big enough for me to fit a full sized 4"x10" carbon filter along with a 4" 190cfm inline fan. I will be using almost 300watts worth of CFLs 7 40w-42w total. I am also building a custom SCRoG to fit into my pot that will stabilize the fabric and keep the plant low. As you see from the pictures the intake will also act as the breeze across the top of the canopy so hopefully I will not need to add any extra fans. This is what I've done so far let me know what you guys think!
    Hey Agentbuckwold3 - I to have been building a custom grow box, but you chose the wood avenue and I choose the 2 x 2 and fabric avenue. I wonder if the wood would of been a better choice? In any event neither one of them big B"" is not getting through the door !

The light box worked at well it diffused 99.9 % of the light through the fan intake... and the sewing moving blankets look like they belong to some sort of closet, mind you the 4 inch duct coming out the side is dead ringer but it will loop behind the furnace and tie in to the gas / fireplace furnace.. Thanks to the furnace guys we have an extra 4 " capped hole below there 6 " intake. I think they had to re drill and put a metal cap on the original chimney intake for the furnace.

Any ways good luck the build and hope all the planning works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Campesino View Post
      Hey Agentbuckwold3

The carbon filter sits inside at the top and is exhaust, right?
      I don't understand the comment about the intake at the top creating a breeze... Where is the intake? Is it the slot?

I guess you know how to keep plants small. I am interested to watch!

I read the most efficient way to bring fresh air / CO2 in is at the top, so the CO2 drops down over the plants. Dam that requires a lot of fan to push air from outside up a pipe 6 ft ect. I built a nice fan intake with a great little light box, with the hope of the inside fans moving the fresh CO2 around.

In a perfect world that is the correct design.

Comment

2.4oz/67g dry from the THC Bomb micro grow. Only .15gpw but for the space restrictions I’m stoked about the pull. I’ve grown this strain 4 times now and have come to expect the lemon aroma this one has but there is also a very heavy skunk with it too. Knockout bedtime high. Strongest Indica I’ve ever grown.
        Attached Files
        Current grow:
        Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

The new and drastically improved Low Grow Box. This run will be grown under a Migrolight Migro100. The new pot is a little smaller at 4.25gal but sits at 5inches. I had to shorten the pot to fit the Autopot Aquavalve for a hands free bottom feed watering system. The valve will be fed by a 1gal reservoir mounted to the back of the box. This allows me to top off the rez without opening the box. I will fill it with plain PHd water from seed to harvest using Kind Soil topped with sohumsoils. Both are living soils packed with all the nutrients the plants will need so no nutes and no flush. I’m running 6 strains in this one pot. They will be switched to 12/12 one week after the last seed sprouts for a Sea of Green micro grow. The reason for the fast switch is to keep the plants low even though they won’t flower until around week 3. The light will be on full power so they will get as much light as possible for those 12hrs. I’m hoping for at least .5gpw which will yield around 53g of not only quality but a variety of different smokes all from a mini fridge sized setup. Strains:

Aurora Indica- nirvana_seeds Cheese- seedsmanseeds Euphoria- royalqueenseedsrqs King’s Kush- greenhouseseedco Lemon Candy- exoticseed Sour Diesel- dna_genetics Wish me luck people
          Attached Files
          Current grow:
          Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Comment

Update on the White Train Auto in the Nightstand. 3 weeks from sprout, topped at the second, cleared of the first, and now we just wait for the stretch.
            Attached Files
            Current grow:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X