No announcement yet.

Hydroponic Growers Group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I more or less followed the Scrog kit shown in the attached pictures. I have the posts sitting in the top of the bucket lid, he bottom ring is secure and the top ring that the trellis sits on is on set screws and can move up and down on the posts if/when I need to raise or lower the screen. It actually worked pretty good. I just remove the whole bucket lid with everything; plant, lid, scrog etc place it on an empty bucket, change my water then place it back on the original bucket with the fresh water/nutes.
    3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
    New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
    Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
    5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know

I'm such an idiot
      I use 6 inch net cups (on 5g pails), and I added 4 eyebolts to the net cups, so I would have some tie down points. I just needed to think taller

Thanks again, would love to follow the grow, see/hear about how it worked for you and any lessons learned.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw your photos earlier and they look terrific...but I have a question for you...would using a connected reservoir make it easier to change nutrients without having to remove buckets?

• Drekthar
      Drekthar commented
      Editing a comment
      I have used a connected reservoir in the past but i prefer to remove the plant from the bucket, and put into a clean bucket each time with fresh nutes. I have a full set of extra buckets to mix in when water change comes so i swap the buckets and clean them each time. Its very easy to lift the bucket lid off and put it onto a new bucket.

I will put a horizontal pic up later when the lights come back on. I agree with Cloud and one of the other reasons that was driving my desire to use the scrog besides trying to increase yields was to support the branches as it is difficult as I am sure you know trying to support the buds so they don't fall over so it helps a lot in that regard as well. That said I was trying to run a proper scrog not just use it for support.
    Last edited by Drekthar; 11-16-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCROG.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	349924

I got 6 of these to try to set up a SCROG in my hydro boxes. I had to clip off a significant portion of the legs, but we'll see how it works. The legs fit through the net pot holes and I tightened them in place with wire.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I have those work great

How do I find this group? No link??? Am I missing something

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        You are here, this is it

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Whew, strong stuff 😂

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Gjohnstone If you subscribe to this topic and have chosen to receive notifications thru email, you'll be notified. I don't want to get 5 million notifications from GWE so I just check in 15 or 20 times a day... :-}

DWC Grow #6 - A couple of horizontal view of the hydro scrog...
      Last edited by Drekthar; 12-04-2019, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Farmall I'm not sure which blockbuster that would be: maybe Star Wars. They find a planet with year round ideal conditions for growing Cannabis, and eventually they wipe out evil throughout the universe because everyone starts passing the pipe around. COME OVER TO THE DANK SIDE.

• IslandColas
        IslandColas commented
        Editing a comment
        You've got talent. This is some of the best growing I've seen done on here in a while. You can tell you care and keep things clean and right. That's the first step to increasing yield, make sure you actually have a set process and keep things clean and on a schedule. The only way to test efficacy is to begin with baselines. From the look of your setup your past the worrying about whether or not you can grow the plant. Now you need a baseline to make smaller adjustments and time to see how those adjustments effect your grow style. The only two things I can mention from a visual evaluation of your girls would be that you should let them stretch up above the scrog more. They seem much too bound down. I prefer at 8-12 inches of vertical growth from my net level. That allows more buds to form above the net in the "sweetspot". That will increase your yield significantly. As well as reduce the amount of larf and "popcorn" you get from the bottom. Next would be pruning. NOT DEFOLIATION! You need to clear your shade leaves to help induce even ripening as well as help fresh airflow access the center buds. If you keep your nets as bushy as they are you will with no doubt experience mold or rot in some form during your grow career. If you have more questions I'd love to help.

• Drekthar
        Drekthar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it.

My Run away Jack Herer aka Tumble weed.
      8 gal tote with 6 gal nutrients
      Feeding GH at 1/3 strength, and a total of 10ml of Hydroguard and calimag
      Top feed using a spitter system from seed, two air stones feed by a Tetra Whisper AP300
      Spider Light 1000
      Had to bend the tops, was pushing my lights out of the way, and gave up on trying to trim.

Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        RW, with that kind of density you have to keep your eye out for mould or mildew.

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, have fans going like crazy and keeping humidity low. Cold weather is helping.

Little update: Took a bit of a break from the community to figure my crazy life out. Only to return better equipped to help all my fellow hydro brothers and sisters. I'm out of the tents and now have a full scale medical facility to work with. Still hydroponic, still indoor, still Ebb and Flow, and still crushing it🤙🏼 I want to re-extend my hand out to any and all hydro growers out there. If you have any questions or concerns about your personal grow feel free to message me or post directly to this feed. I look forward to hearing from you all and have definitely missed the GWE family🤙🏼Happy growing!

Here's a little peak at the new room😉
      Perpetual harvest
      Sealed Room
      Full hydro
      Ebb and Flow
      Hydroton Media
      600w HPS
      GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

• FlyingDutchPaddy
        FlyingDutchPaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        looking very nice IslandColas ,

I see you've got HPS lights... have you thought about LEC/CDMH lights, out of curiousity?

FDP

DWC Grow #6 - Bit of an update last week of flower before I go to the ripen stage. All looking good so far.
      Last edited by Drekthar; 12-04-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• IslandColas
        IslandColas commented
        Editing a comment
        I absolutely love this cycle. What size are your trellises?

• Drekthar
        Drekthar commented
        Editing a comment
        24" inside so 3" spacing on the grid.

• Drekthar
        Drekthar commented
        Editing a comment
        IslandColas do u think it too late to do a bit of "pruning"?

DWC Grow #7 - A couple of pics of the veg room. 3 Bruce Banger (1 of these is not doing so well), 1 Cheese and 4 Gorilla Glue #4 . These are waiting their turn now to go into the flower tent. There going to be some super-cropping and then lower the screen on these ladies.
      Last edited by Drekthar; 12-04-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Lookin lush!!!

DWC Grow #6 - A few update pictures taken today. The ladies are nearing the end. I plan to start flushing on Friday evening.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        what a lovely SoB (sea of buds)

• Drekthar
        Drekthar commented
        Editing a comment
        All dried and in jars. 1lb 3oz off the 4 plants. My best average so far...

DWC Grow #6 - A few up close and personal with my little microscope........

Comment

DWC Grow #6 - The rest of the pics as can only upload 15 at a time..Just thought i'd share. There not all perfect pics I was having a hard time keeping the camera still in my hand.

Comment

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice, I'm on my 3rd rdwc grow just starting . Trying auto flower , should be interesting. Hopefully not a waste of time

• Drekthar
          Drekthar commented
          Editing a comment
          I live in Canada's Northwest Territories where power is quite high so i'm doing photo periods for that reason to reduce electricity use. I did autoflower first and second grow they work ok but as mentioned the reason I switched after I got more familiar with things.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't do DWC but I just want to say you folks who do have my admiration. They are just lovely looking grows. Enjoy

Drekthar yes, I'll prune little bits here and there late into flower like that, but preferably you would want to make sure they've gotten their final thinning about 2 weeks if not 3 before chop.
        Perpetual harvest
        Sealed Room
        Full hydro
        Ebb and Flow
        Hydroton Media
        600w HPS
        GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

Hey bucket heads, here's a hack I made a couple years ago, I call it the "schnorkel": top feed without a submerged pump. I know, you don't really NEED top feed if your fluid level is high enough to keep the bubbles wetting your net cups, hydroton balls, and seedling plug. But I think it helps seedlings get started.

But more importantly, it's fun to say, fun and easy to build, improves grow efficiency by eliminating a pump motor, and makes something you're already doing (bubbles) perform an additional function. How growweedeasy is that?

From the bottom, take a 6 inch piece of 1/2 tubing, and slip it over the end of a 6 inch piece of 3/8 tubing BLACK tubing. Poke the top, skinny end up through your container's lid, sticking up just enough to attach an elbow (or a T if you want to feed 2 cups) and attach a long enough piece of 3/8 black tubing to point the trickle near the center of your net cup. I installed mine through the black lid from a Costco jar of nuts.

A 1/2 inch hole through the black plastic will form a tight enough seal around 3/8 black tubing to block out light. Can be used as a light tunnel for your clear air hose, keep the light out.

On the bottom end, either poke your air hose into the bottom end of the big tube, OR for a more secure connection, carefully cut a small hole in the side of the big tube about 2 inches from the bottom, just big enough for an air-hose elbow or other barbed connecter to poke through.

When the bottom of the big tube is down in the solution, and air is fed in, the bubbles will force the water in the tube up and out the top, feed your plant with richly oxygenated nutrient solution.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

I have done something similar for years, works great during the initial phase, has a tendency to clog up later in the grow. I have always called this a spitter.
            Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
            A tale of two seeds
            Batter Up Sour Deisel
            Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
            New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
            Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X