No announcement yet.

Hydroponic Growers Group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to get general hydroponics nutrients. Does anyone know how long they last after opening? It is much cheaper to buy by the gallon. Thanks.

Comment

I have heard a couple to five years if well stored in the dark and cool places
      “Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

• wheatgrass
        wheatgrass commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. Thanks.

So I have been harvesting my 1st ever hydro grow. 1st grow in general. So far I have 18 grams of Tangerine Dream and 15 grams of Critical Purple. Not a huge amount but I have small grow area and its just cool growing your own flower. Still have quite good haul left as I am waiting for rest to finish because light penetration was an issue so bottom flowers were not done. So very nice to be using my own medicine now though a great feeling. Thanks to everyone here for the help!
      Grow Space: Small Cabinet 20"w X 4'h
      Medium: Hydro Bubbleponics
      Nutes: GH Trio Flora
      Light: LED 300 Watt MARS Hydro
      Current Grow: Inside; Critical Purple, Tangerine Dream/Outside: White Widow,MOB

Comment

The roots of my labor!
        Grow Space: Small Cabinet 20"w X 4'h
        Medium: Hydro Bubbleponics
        Nutes: GH Trio Flora
        Light: LED 300 Watt MARS Hydro
        Current Grow: Inside; Critical Purple, Tangerine Dream/Outside: White Widow,MOB

Comment

• LosTweed
          LosTweed commented
          Editing a comment
          That reminds me of those scobie things from kombucha tea

Following Cab1080 's lead... "the roots of my labor"... lol

(sorry, too lazy to convert to gif...)
        Instagram: @farmerjim420
        What is VPD?
        diygrowdata.com

Completed:
        #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
        Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
        In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
        In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
        • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
        • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
        • #diyrdwc
        • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Hello everyone,

Was wondering, are there any tables/diagrams/documentation around that give an indication for a target ppm/ec values for nutrient blended water for the various stages of growth?

Seems like something handy to have, compile an average target ppm/ec /week for reservoir water table for hydro systems to reference (and experiment) against.

as in after adding CalMag/FloraMicro/Gro/Bloom nutrients:
          target ppm/ec for sprouting - xxx-yyy
          target ppm/ec for first week - aaa-bbb
          target ppm/ec for second week - ccc-ddd

and so on.

with what plain water ppm/ec did you start out with - your baseline ppm/ec from the water source ?

and comments with what extra's to add to adjust measured ppm/ec towards intended ppm/ec (up/down).

i'm going to start keeping a record of ppm (NaCl calibration) of plain & nuted water with DWC/Hydro/Recirculating – GH Flora Nutrient Trio DWC schedule [PDF] as reference.

I suppose relevant questions/data points would be:
          observed happy (average) ppm/ec values for the plants - per week.
          what you did with the water to get there.

thoughts? ideas?
          GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
          2x CDMH 315W lights
          870m3/hr fan
          8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

• farmerjim
            farmerjim commented
            Editing a comment
            Why try when this dude does it so well?

• FlyingDutchPaddy
            FlyingDutchPaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Cab1080, i'll try to explain in a simple way.

ppm = part part million ; ec = electrical conductivity.
            they both measure the amount of disolved particles in water.
            the scale for EC as used in general is in miliSiemens. People will generally say that they measure an EC of x.y

the EC scale is also standardised, no variations.
            ppm can be measured in different ways, depending on which salt it was calibrated against.

most ppm meter pens you can get as calibrated to table salt (NaCl). Roughly speaking 1.0 EC = 500 ppm.
            the conversion factor for NaCl to EC is 0.5 to 1.

600 ppm (NaCL) = 1.2 EC or 1200 uS

how does this relate to us?

when we replace our res water completely we're adding our nutrients to the water for the res.

usually, water already has a number of disolved particles from the source we get it from.
            that would be the baseline ppm / EC measurement i'd be interested in.

when adding our nutrients to the water, nutrients are disolved particles which change the amount of disolved particles in the water.
            Usually, you will see the reading go up compared to plain water.

once all is added to reservoirs, it will all mix and settle to a ppm reading in time.

i think that is worth tracking over time.

especially if you see plants are very happy at some stage in the grow - measure the ppm & note down what you did to get there... that would be future target for the next grow.

• Cab1080
            Cab1080 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

I just started germinating yesterday for grow #8. I have two stealth DWC grow boxes: a BCNL Roommate and a smaller box. I love DWC, although the process of fine-tuning my grow room was an expensive one: I had to buy chillers for both boxes, which nipped the root rot problem in the bud, so to speak. I also invested in a 50 pint dehumidifier--quite necessary where I live. Finally, I invested in some solar panels, which have really helped with the electric bill, and the 45% refund from the govt. wasn't too shabby, either.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• farmerjim
            farmerjim commented
            Editing a comment
            Any pics of the setup? I was having root problems with the dwc also. I plan to snag a 1/10 chiller at some point but frozen 2Ls seem to be working for now. Were you going solar for your entire place or just the grow room? There was an article about a guy in MA that has a self-sustaining hydro tomato grow that I've been wanting to look into

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Great to see the government subsidizing cannabis cultivation. Here's to hoping your investment pays off!

farmerjim See pics below. With a little help from my friends, I drilled holes in the side of my grow box and fed the tubes to and from chiller into them. I had to cut the pump wires for the third hole and splice them back together. That's a 1/10 hp chiller, and it keeps an 8 gallon reservoir at a nice 68 degrees F.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Okay so I'm just wondering if my plant looks alright? It's a week old exactly. I feel like somethings off but maybe it's just me. Also should I be running just pure phd water?
            Attached Files
            “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
            192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
            3 Gal Smart Pots
            FoxFarm Trio
            +Open Sesame
            +Cha-Chang
            +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
            192w t5
            Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
            FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
            FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Campesino Very interesting! My understanding was that you let the seedling feed off the cotyledons for the first week-10 days.

I will try it in my small box and see how the seedlings respond!! ;-}

• farmerjim
              farmerjim commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in dwc and dont nute until a week after it pops. Then I nute to 420 lol

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Campesino I added nutes to the seedling reservoir today, as well as Voodoo Juice,. They are small, but roots are emerging, and we are in the zone!!! :-}

farmerjim And that's right where my seedlings are, so I'm expecting them to respond well. I usually add nutes at a very low dose as soon as I see roots coming out of net pots.

Lol idk just a worry wart I guess. But okay awesome. And yeah i always heard the cotyledons stored enough nutrients for seedling growth but that was soil too. So I'll give it a little and see how it does. Seemed a little slow but if y'all said it looks like yours then I must be good! Thanks again!

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
            3 Gal Smart Pots
            FoxFarm Trio
            +Open Sesame
            +Cha-Chang
            +CaliMagic

First grow:

Current Grow:

192w t5
            FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              As Nebula says, they always start off slow and pick up speed like a locomotive--which I've always found to be true.

How did I miss this post before now . Just commenting so I get notifications 😜
            DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Soo... coolest clone I've grown.... I'll give short story first....
              so I have been switching my whole garden to hydro.. love it.. but I have never flowered from seed or small clone so me always wanted to know everything.. I popped a week old from roots clone an threw in my flower tent.. after a few weeks I'd say about a month, I noticed almost no growth to it an seen she was flowing.. only like three inches high...lol I thought to myself hell no! 5 gal bucket with 3 inch bud growing on top, too much of a waste of space.. so Iremoved her from the flower tent at about 5 to 6 weeks inn... I put her back into veg closet figured let her grow a bit an flip back... well Maybe i should have waited to remove her cause not even three days later after she was back into veg the flower stretch started!! Lol she got a good foot an a half inn like a week... amazed as keeping my word to her that if or when she grew afoot I would put her back into flower.. sooo I did... but then when I put her back into flower......... she started reveging!! Lol crazy she guess I drove her as crazy as the rest of my ex's lol.... anyways she's like a month into flower again.. look how beautiful lol
              So cool I think

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Strangest looking cannabis plant in first two pics!! She looks like a house plant! ;-}

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                My clones grow crazy like this when I cut them from a flowering plant .

• Trichomefarmer88
                Trichomefarmer88 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah all 5 pics is the same 1 plant

Well for those who aren't subbed to my grow I figured I'd give an update of my girl. She's 15 days now. So a week difference since the last post where I was worried. I'd have to say, she's looking much much better. And like alltatup said NebulaHaze said, she's chugging right along. Choo chooooo!!! Hahaha
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Juicyj89; 08-18-2018, 09:11 AM. Reason: Always forget to add the pic lol

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
              3 Gal Smart Pots
              FoxFarm Trio
              +Open Sesame
              +Cha-Chang
              +CaliMagic

First grow:

Current Grow:

192w t5
              FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                She's looking good, Juicy!! Start a topic on this grow!!!

• farmerjim
                farmerjim commented
                Editing a comment
                Or link us to it 🤓👍

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                She'll be comin round the corner with some big phat buds!!! ;-}

I'm in! I've tried super soil and coco and, now, DWC. Overall, I like the thought of soil but, find DWC more enjoyable. Now that I've solved (I believe) my pH control issues (yeah, I'm "blessed" with control issues as previously mentioned), I'll try coco again but, probably stay away from soil. Not too interested in some of the advanced techniques (CO2), as I'm okay with the level of complexity (almost none) of my current setup and vision for a strong coco grow. I am compiling a pretty detailed grow journal for this grow and hope to post it once done (2 mos).

The help and advice I've received on GWE has been almost overwhelming. Clear to me there are many ways to get to the right result. So many options! This is beyond fun to me. And, I love me some flower!
              3x3x5 Cheapo Tent; Viparspectra PAR450w LED; Hydrofarm DWC Bubbler; 4-in fan and carbon filter; 6-in fan; 4-in fan.

Comment

• IslandColas
                IslandColas commented
                Editing a comment
                Campesino is the guy to ask when it comes to coco. He knows a wealth of information about the coco medium. As for me, I specialize in ebb and flow and DWC. I Veg and Flower in Ebb and Flow and sustain my mother plant in a DWC.

alltatup I'm pretty sure I did start a topic. Should be at the link.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hps-hydro-grow
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Juicyj89; 08-18-2018, 11:48 AM. Reason: Sorry i just love seeing the difference of a week. Ahhh love

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
              3 Gal Smart Pots
              FoxFarm Trio
              +Open Sesame
              +Cha-Chang
              +CaliMagic

First grow:

Current Grow:

192w t5
              FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm subbed!

• farmerjim
                farmerjim commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol there it is!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X