No announcement yet.

Dangerous Animals vs Growing Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are some awesome guys. We work hard at what we do. Not sure how old you guys are but could probably find pics of me and Dan Severn too. Lol but that's old school. And The Tank, Abbot was the closest person to knocking my ass out. Hits as hard as a 4wheeler lol. Have some pics of me bleeding like a stuck pig. Lmao again old school.
    Last edited by Redwasp; 06-27-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      Nick and Nate Diaz are actually really nice guys too.
      The Shamrocks where pretty cool then ken started makimg movies in Japan and they moved to a big property and didn't see em anymore.

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Never had a chance to meet those guys. Ken was always in Japan. But have sparred with alot of guys you would recognize. If I say to much you will fimd me online and find my bio. Lmao

Me getting Severn to tap out. Yes im under him. Lol
    Attached Files

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      If you train we need to spar sometime. I travel alot.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      I am very far away Red, I`m afraid but a nice idea

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Well i find people who are good wont hurt you at all. You lose or win. Rookies you win them all but get hurt. Im not a rookie. Promise you won't get hurt. Ill just grapple. You can throw whatever you want my way. And im gonna be traveling for months so far away isnt an issue

Or after a day of playing. Lol
    Attached Files

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      To be clear I never want to hurt another person in my life. I still train, best I can as im broken physically, help train others and will spar with anyone. Train others so they never get hurt.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sitting here without my glasses looking at the picture wondering how the hell you got that road rash on your ass lol then clicked on it now I wonder how I ever thought it was your ass lol

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao. Oh after playing with those guys I have road rash everywhere. But not gonna post my ass pics. Lol

Anyways hope all is well with you all. Havent seen D.A.A.S.69 post in a day or 2. Are you ok?

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      DAAS will post every few days so no worries

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Just worry about others. Havent seen him and started worrying.

Found this in my garden yesterday. No idea where the seed came from either

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      A weed is a weed until we try and grow it then everything changes lol Are you going to let it grow?

• BillBates
      BillBates commented
      Editing a comment
      Look! It's Crackpot!

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      @oldjarhead Live in a terrace so sadly had to come up cos of the neighbours

so I was out watering and I noticed some broken branches so I checked it out seems a bear walked past a few of my plants didn't hurt any but if he was over a foot he would of trampled them.

On one of the girls last watering it looked like a buck was racking his antlers on it torn all to hell broken stems just destroyed, then when I went back yesterday it had new growth everywhere gotta love these weeds
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Been lucky here, lot's of deer around (and a cute tiny fawn) but so far no issues. Couple of woodchucks eliminated out by the vegetable garden, may they rest in peace!
      Although I've come to the conclusion that what I thought was wind blowing over my plant, may actually have been an animal laying up against it. Here's a question what time of the year do you generally start seeing some hairs on your outdoor plants? I suspect in a few more weeks I may start seeing some here. Seems like my one lonely plant has slowed down on height and is in bushy mode.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      The sunlight gets to about 14 hours by mid August so expect hairs soon after

GreenState
    Early August is when daylight hours go below 14. It is my understanding that most photoperiod plants will begin to flower right around that time.
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Was thinking I was well into the start of flowering by end of July last year. I see I don't dip below 14 hours until the second week of Aug. Maybe cause I'm in the mountains?
      Neat site http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/index.php

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      My plants have started flowering early, in the past, I attribute that to a tree covered hill to my west.

So, while I didn't have my glasses with me, took a picture. Sure looks like a couple of pistils on my outdoor plant. As I mentioned, thought last year I was definity into flowering by the end of July. Sun goes down over the mountains fairly early here(g)
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

I found a white widow yesterday that had white pistils on it in my outdoor grow ,
      oh and I caught this wild animal in my veggie Garden ,I let it hang out with me for half the day and I kept waking it up and generally being a pest to it My thoughts were I caught a squirrl in a chipmunk trap it didn't hurt him but he couldn't get away well when I opened the trap he took off like a bat outta hell and I haven't seen it sense so I figured make the skunks day miserable and maybe it wont come back ,I opened the cage about noon and I had to make him leave the trap
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        You must not have scared that Skunk to bad, or either he hangs around your house all the time, you must not have any dogs, or else that Skunk would have sprayed you with that good perfume.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it was to small to spray and I let it go because they do more good than harm ,Yes I have lost chickens to a skunk but she was sick so she must of been slow and easy to catch and my chickens dont lay alot of eggs anymore they are over 3 years old I get maybe a half dozen a week ,I know I know they need to go into the soup pot but I just cant seem to do it maybe I'm getting soft in my old age lol, but that ground hog is in trouble lol

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        OJH, most of tough bad ass people I've crossed paths with, are big softies at heart. Especially with little critters, so you are in good company my friend.
        If you do decide to dispatch the skunk, don't do it near your home. I'm sure you can imagine why. But the ground hog...I'm no help. Don't have those kind of critter out here.
        Take it easy buddy

My little bear buddy was back at about 3:00PM this afternoon looking for snacks in my compost bin!
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        I never did get to see a bear when I lived in Mississippi, but I've probably seen close to a dozen between Colorado and Utah. Some in the wilderness, and plenty in the dumpster. When I see a cub is when I get scared, though. That can turn into a very dangerous situation, since the mother is usually near by.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        I suspect this little fella's mom has given him the boot and he's on his own now. I'd guess he's probably a year and a half old or so

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        he does look about 2 we never really had an issue with bears in Mass mostly they were in western Mass not anymore ,I seem to see bear sign everywhere I go these days I had a main branch snapped off the other day I'm saying bear his path was 2 feet wide and everything was flattened plain as day to see ,but thats why we plant so many outside we loose some every year , I had one try and climb the tree that I was standing in that was interesting lol

I was living in a tiny town for 17 years, always got off five or six short bushes. This was ten years ago in red state, we were super hidden from neighbors, but we had 3 federal neighbors visible from the house, a national guard a minimum security and max security pirison. Choppers flew over daily and the end of summer came flying pigs. All plants were tied over and along an over grown fence come end of summer. Well 1 morning in mid summer , about ten in the morning we hear a chopper nothing new, 2 mins in chopper never dissapeared, quick peek out side it's clearly a pot chopper across town right off the tree tops flying in small circles getting larger, freak out. Had 8 plants or so in ground and 3 in pots waiting to be sexed. I got about 3 mins before they are directly over head, in a red state I was always ready to pull em up. Every time the chopper faced away I slid behind a bush then shed, clearly chopper is moving our direction. It's low enough I thought they drop some guys down. No hesitation ripped the plants up, the 3 in pots I threw a baby pool over. Snuk back toward house, yard was only 40x 100 feet, small. Chopper did three circles directly over head by this time, then circled on up to top side of town. I'm freaking and literally shaking. Nobody ever came down the drive way, but chopper is still visibly circling. You guessed it, it was a dirty white boy round up. Lol f me. Yup an ol fashion warrant/ drug dealer round up, they served like 30, there happen to be 2 guys in my town on the list and we lived in between them. Being in the middle of crop fields and a river they used the chopper in case they ran into woods or fields. My story about flying pigs. After seeing the story on the news, realized why the were in town.
      still managed to bring in something with the 3 plants I saved. I started a few more but was late in the season.

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        the real criminals are in the uniforms with assorted weaponry.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen a low flying ultralight powered hang glider circling over my area, but no fear because I am perfectly legal. With my wife's medical MJ license we could have as many as 36 plants, but I usually only grow 12. They are using ultralights now. Mucho cheaper than a chopper.
        Last edited by starramus; 07-15-2018, 01:01 PM.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Choppers are constantly flying in our area all harvest season, that's why we dig deep holes, and then put our 5gallon buckets in the holes, so we can move them to new areas quickly.

I was headed into the barn to mix up a fresh batch of nutrients a few days ago. I had just got the sticking barn door (from the heat) open and felt something moving in my hair. I put my hand up to investigate and suddenly felt a burning sensation on the side of my naughty finger. I then saw a wasp fly off, and I really panicked because last year I had been stung in the face by a wasp. I had a terrible allergic reaction with vomiting etc. After that I had acquired a couple of the Epi pens at 2 for $700.00. (fortunately the insurance paid for all of it) I didn't really feel like jabbing one of those spikes into my thigh so I rattlesnake bite like worked at sucking the venom out of my finger. It actually worked, and only had a swollen finger and meta part of the hand. No severe reactions this time, but I did Spectracide every wasp nest on the property. To most just an insect, but to me a very dangerous animal.
      Last edited by starramus; 07-15-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep some people have as little as 15 minutes after the shot to get medical care. A guy with me in training at the firing range laid on a fire ant hill. He moved fast but got bit quiet a few times. When the instructor rang the bell to fire i noticed he wasnt firing. I look over and he is out cold. We gave him a shot but he quit breathing about 15 minutes later while in transport. Took them awhile to get him back. That was his first time having a reaction. The next time he was at home. Got bit gave himself a shot and drove himself to a firehouse. Barely made it before he got there and just fell out of his car. Luckily they gave him another shot and got him to the hospital in time.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can also be allergic to wasp stings one year, and not the next year too, I found that out 2years ago,
        We had a bunch of old buck deer skulls in a pile ,out on the porch, and I was moving them. A yellow jackets had made a nest inside one of the skulls, and I got stung numerous times ,I know at least 15-20, and it was in the hot ass, summer time, and it knocked me out before I got to the front door.
        And the next near, I got stung 4-5times. And it didn't do anything, But hurt, an I rubbed some skoal, on it an it quit hurting.

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep that is the way my grandfather always got rid of the sting on us. He would take some tobacco chew it for a second to get real sticky (was rolling tobacco so had to get it wet) then stick it on. Always worked great.

Redwasp oldjarhead100 D.A.A.S.69 Just to show you how rare these things are over here, this made the news across the country .................... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45074866

Comment

I went to fill a vial from under a pot to get Ph. I always look before I put my hand where I can't see and there was big Black Widow on her nest with eggs. I smashed it with extreme prejudice.

Comment

I have a friend who rehabilitates Eagles after they get injured. He had a Golden Eagle that he turned loose from his yard. The Eagle flew up, turned around and snatched his neighbor's Toy Poodle. Needless to say, it created quit a ruckus.

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            No Pagan, they never saw the dog again

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Our yard owls have taken a few full size cats. Well before I got Ripley and no more cats. Ripley is my tree climbing, obsessive compulsive, crazy, rescue pitbull. But he keeps my house safe.

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            kingfish oh no man, the poodle`s had it. That`s gotta be bad for the neighbourhood, mate. Folk aren`t keen on pets flying off into the sky. Mind you, neither are farmers but not lot you can do against UFO`s nicking your cows I reckon Redwasp ffs, even the bloody owls have attitude. Pitbulls need safe homes. Lot of respect for picking a rescue. Like that, good on you, mate.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X