Smoke question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke question

This may be a hard question to answer or to quantify but how long does an ounce last you?

The last time I smoked weed on a regular weekend basis was 1976 and it was $15/oz dirtweed methinks, sometimes we'd score what was called Acapulco gold for $40/oz. I did smoke a gram of hash about 20 years ago and it had a suspended animation effect on me - which is kinda what I am looking for.

Now that age is catching up with me along with all the aches and pains especially insomnia I'd like to wean myself off of alcohol and the 50-pound beer belly plus the gout that goes with it. I may be late to the game but after reading the forum I may also be a youngster among you at only 60.

My state is pretty strict, anything over 5 plants is a felony but so was making moonshine which was gonna kill me otherwise. I'd make 50 quarts over the winter to last me the year but always seemed to run out early.

Also as a casual user for my joint/sleep ailments what would be the best delivery method - joint, bowl, bong?
    Sour60 autos.
    3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
    26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
    2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Well, I can tell you that an ounce is going to last you a hell of a lot longer than it would last me (or most others here!)
    We all have pretty solid tolerances, which you build up over a while. If you haven't smoked in decades then it is going to knock you on your butt - I certainly think your suspended animation experiece could be repeated!
    I think an ounce could last you quite a while... Hard to say... maybe 6 weeks? Maybe much longer if you're only smoking a bowl per day.

Joints are pretty wasteful and total overkill for you. A bowl, bong or better yet a vaporizer!

Comment

• hycheese
      hycheese commented
      Editing a comment
      I know what you mean about building up a solid tolerance, I can finish off a 1.75 liter of vodka in a single night but it knocks my dick in the dirt for 3 days afterwards.

An oz last about 4-5 days for me . But I smoke all day long . I would stick to a bowl if I was you. Also there is a lot of options now that we’re not around in 1976 . Vap pens wax oil edibles and that’s just a start to the list . You can get a cap pen for 20$ and a cartridge for it for 40-60$ and that would likely last you for a few months depending on how much you use it .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

You can buy them at any smoke shop I got a cheap one at same place I buy my cigarettes
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Hycheese welcome to the forum, the best way I’ve found to intake thc and cbd is to ingest it with rso(Rick Simpson Oil) the high can last all day or night. For quicker and
      shorter pain releaf I prefer a bong it’s not as harsh on the lungs as a pipe and if done about a hour or two before bedtime it will help u sleep the night away but don’t exped
      to loose any weight ( munchies) . Lol

Comment

Vaporize.....

Comment

• DoctorJohnson
          DoctorJohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, vaping resin is MUCH easier on your lungs and better for your health.
          Also, not what you're asking, I know, but I have read recently that pot actually kind of disturbs your sleep patterns. Maybe try just cutting way back on substances and focusing on eating right and getting plenty of exercise? (Swimming is great for us older types with joint issues...) Works for me!

For sleep I would use edibles but smoking it does the job too. Vaping doesn't really do it for me for sleep because I vape daily and smoke a lot. But an edible will definitely calm the body and mind. Put that on top of smoking smoe sleepy time strain and I can almost guarantee you'll sleep through the night. If it's pain management related edibles are one of the best delivery methods including tinctures which are faster acting then your fatbased edibles. Also incorporating cbd will help with pain.

Yes times have changed we've gone from 6% thc to 30% strains smoking some stuff you've grown with great genetics might lay you down any ways 😆. Not like the mexican brick weed we used to get for 50 bucks an oz.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Smoking/Vaping is going to be the fastest way into your system. As for which method of smoking - I personally prefer a bong. I usually throw a couple of ice cubes into it to cool the smoke down. Edibles are a little bit longer lead time as far as getting into your system. I tell patients who want to do edibles to eat them on an empty stomach if possible. Sometimes I find that with edibles, if you're not feeling the effects after about 30-45 minutes, a light snack (piece of fruit, cheese, whatever) to get the digestion moving tends to help it kick in. The nice thing with edibles is the longevity of the high.

I generally don't recommend concentrates for someone who is either a brand new user or hasn't smoked in a VERY long time. Start easy. Don't make yourself sick by consuming too much, too fast.

Comment

Hycheese, I'm 55 and have been smoking all my life, but much of it was crap. Back in the day (1978) an oz of the crap we used to get on the east coast lasted me from a few days to a week. Now in a legal state with weed stores on every corner selling 57 potent varieties, a 1/4 oz of this stuff lasts me a couple of weeks. I supplement that with a vape pen throughout the day; a 1 gram cartridge lasts me over a month. Yea, as a smoker I'm on the lightweight side, but thought you might identify with that as a "new" (re-initiated??) smoker. A couple of suggestions: let your crop go until many of the trichomes turn golden or brown; I understand that makes it a sleepy body high which will help the most with pain. For serious pain, get some CBD (legal in many places); it don't get you high but works way better than OTC pain meds. I found some CBD lotion that works miracles on muscle/joint pain. For me, THC doesn't do that much directly for aches and pains, but it helps me ignore it (like drinking used to). While my regimen relaxes me and induces pleasant naps, when I am suffering insomnia I use an edible, especially those made from indica. A bong is a definite and vaping is even easier on the lungs but for me the highs are very different. For real reality distortion I prefer smoking. I have a feeling you'll be quite happy with your NL in a bong, but when it comes to weed it seems everybody is different which I think is much more pronounced with today's variety of potent products. And go ahead and get really stoned; you'll forget to fix a drink, lol. Over the years, as weed got better and better, I forgot all about drinking.
            FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
            Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
            Flower 600w HPS
            alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
            1st grow White Widow
            Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen!! All excellent observations and advice. (Welcome to forum, Toripony

Now for the " suspended animation effect " you are looking for- I have found that Dry Ice method to making hash- is clean, simple, easy and fast (15 minutes) to make it!
            You are getting around 75% thc with that method and if you start with a hash plant ( ie: Malana Bomb) even better.

I use edibles daily and vape dry/cured leaf- if I need immediate relief.

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I knew the answers of usage would be highly subjective. Guess I'll just have to wait another 3 months to find out for myself.
              Sour60 autos.
              3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
              26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
              2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

hycheese Welcome to the forum, youngster!! I sent you a PM (private msg.).
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X