Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st grow lots to learn!

Hi
    firstly this site is amazing so much useful info and only just begun reading through the forum clearly some talented growers here. Have decided to start growing my own so this is my first attempt. It's an auto flowering seed bought locally and germination was easy enough. The pic is approx 4 weeks since germination and is a windowsill grow. I'll work up to a grow room one day!
    The first leaves seem fine just wonder what is that on the stem? That leaf seems crumpled a bit so not sure if it's just a bit deformed or if it's already flowering?
    Appreciate any guidance offered
    Have not given any nutrients and just watering every other day the plant gets plenty of sun
    Thanks!

Hey Becks99 Welcome!

I like window grows and an auto was an excellent choice for it.

What kind of soil/medium are you using? Diagnosing the leaf issue should start there. Looks like the media would benefit from some perlite for aeration and drainage. Depending on medium it may also be time to start fertilizing.

Cheers

Comment

Evening Becks99 , welcome to GWE, glad to have you.
      Growing is fun as all get out, and growing autoflowers is superfun.
      Your plant definitely needs alot more light, at 4weeks old, she should be way, way larger.
      They need proper light to grow,
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        You could just get some cfl . Cheap and easy . This will help with the light and you can provide it with direct light all day . Where you window only gets direct light part of the day . Just a cheap idea to think about . You wanna aim for about 10k lumens for the one plant

Hi, It's just a ceramic pot which has a large hole in the bottom I have a small layer of stones at the bottom too which I thought may help with drainage. Will read up on perlite as I just used a bag of regular plant soil to start with. Am not sure where to begin with fertilizers as don't want to kill it and I did move it from a smaller pot which I've since read can stress autos out if you transplant them and slow the growth. So much to learn! What do you think that bit on the stem is?

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Transplanting is not a problem! It is a good practice to follow! If you want plants to grow fast (any plants) you put them in appropriate sized containers. That is just absolutely standard practice in the world of professional horticulture.

Is the "regular plant soil" fertilized? Does it say it "feeds Plants"? Does it mention any amount of time like "for 90 days"?

I strongly suggest you read up on nutrients on the main GWE site!

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey 99, leaf problem, could be from growing in time release soil, But I'm not sure what kind of soil your using.
        But for her to grow healthy, she needs alot of light, and at that age, should be fed nutrients. But more light is needed, badly.
        Most autos are ready around anywhere from 60-80days, 2-3months. And yours is way behind from not getting enough light, I think.
        Anyway good luck.

Thanks both, I don't remember if the soil said it had fertilizers, will keep reading up and see if I can find another spot with more light. Am getting that the plant needs feeding and as much light as possible just not ready to invest in a grow room yet.
      thanks again for the pointers

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem!

If it is time release soil, you will have to get the plant out of it. Autos will not do well and may not even survive in time release soil.

4 weeks old and it’s a auto??? I’d say that it’s already stunted eather from the prior transplant or from overwatering, sorry to bust your balloon Becks99. But that’s what I see u should keep growing it.just may prove me wrong ( hope u do ) ,it’s a steep learning curve to grow good weed do your research on the GWE main site it has all the
      answers u will need from soils to fertilizers to lights and a part for the basics as well.......welcome to the show, many of us here to helped u out if needed u just got to do your homework. good luck with your future grows 😎

Comment

So progress is still very slow have fed with 10.6 1.9 1.4 nutrients gf helped me with that! As a first grow am loving watching her grow albeit very slowly. Is that flowers already? Hopefully can see in the pic. I'm in no rush or worried about yields am just starting out with a windowsill grow and occasionally put it outside for direct sunlight.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes those are preflowers and pistils starting to form. You will only get maybe a few grams out of her if you dont get her some more light fast. If you can leave her outside in full sun from sun up to sun down that will help alot. If not just get a regular clamp on light fixture or 4, some of the older cfl (curly que bulbs) and keep them just far enough away from the plant to not cause heat stress. So 2 to 4 inches at most. Will only cost you about 10 to $20 if you look around for the best prices. And it will make a huge difference in the yields.

Good luck and enjoy the trip. Very fun stuff. Will be even more fun when you see an auto flower plant under enough light, the right grow medium, with the right nutrients. They grow so fast you can pretty much sit there and watch them grow.

What Redwasp said, more light equals more bud. And yes I see pistils.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Hey Becks99....This is a girl scout cookie at 3 and a half weeks old. Read as much as you can on the GWE site. I'm retired and started growing 3 years ago. Oh yeah... this forum is about the best one out there. Alot of good info in here.

Comment

Is it just me or does that plant look like it topped itself??
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

3 weeks! Ok so mine is well behind and I know my soil isn't very airy too. Have poked some holes through with a pencil to try and improve that. Am sure on my next one I'll have a light set up and learn from my rookie errors. Your plant has so many leaves mine seems so baron! I took one of the stems off and it seems to be growing straighter now. I'll keep updating as I go as there is not many windowsill grows on the forum. Appreciate all your advice so far am taking it all on board. Thanks!

Comment

Found my seed packet at the weekend and the strain is a royal dwarf. Have counted 9 little flowers on the plant and seems to be doing ok. Am watering every 3 days or so and those pesky little bugs seem to have disappeared since am not watering as much. Am loving watching her grow albeit slowly.

Comment

• freddyyola
                freddyyola commented
                Editing a comment
                hey i know this is your first grow so you dont realize it yet but the way your plant is growing isnt normal at all it looks like the weird leaf thing you were wondering about in the beginning idk if it was from being stunted and then started growing again or what but it looks as if it has been "topped" the way its growing but it it may have happen naturally through stress or something it could be like the plants that start off with 3 leaf sets instead 2 per node.. its pretty cool except you wont be getting much yield this grow but on your next grow you will see the difference in how a plant is naturally grown long story short this will be cool to look back on in the future or a few plants later.. also i think beginners should stick with photo periods not autos cause you can give a photoperiod more time to fix it self but if you fuck up on an auto you screwed your yield autos dont let you get away with anything there is no time to waste...

Thanks doesn't look like anything I've ever seen. After 30 years of buying it growing my own has been on my wish list for sometime now. Live and learn!

Will keep my updates going though

Comment

Every grow will teach you more.

Comment

Latest update. Is still small! has had loads of sunshine recently and is beginning to smell delicious. I cropped a few leaves and removed bits just as this is my first grow and am playing around with it/experimenting. No idea how much longer to grow it or when I should harvest it to be honest?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X