here we go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here we go again!

Hello again everybody and thanks for reading!

5 days ago i planted my seed and started my second grow

My first grow didnt end well!
    Everything was going great until 3 weeks into flowering when both my plants jus suddenly died

It wasnt all bad as i learnt from doing the grow and also i did end up with quite a bit of weed which im still smoking now!
    Obviously it isnt the best smoke but it does the job, you jus hav to smoke more than usual!

Ive decided to do pretty much the same as last time with a few small changes

The main one being that on the last grow i didnt bother with ph checking the water / food
    I now hav a ph pen and some ph down
    My tap water is 7.1 so hav used ph down to get it to 6.5

I have changed my extraction fan controller and pole fan so that they are both on continuously as i did notice a big difference in the readings i was getting from my 3 temp gauges which were spread out in the tent
    I have changed the panel heater to a shorter ceramic fan heater which also turns from side to side so hopefully will hav a more consistent temp all over

I hav also changed from using socks to cover the ends of my air inlets to using tights which has greatly increased the air flow into the tent

I hav also jus planted the one seed instead of 2

My light is a viparspectra 900 and has a veg and bloom switch
    I hav it set at 24" above the seed with just the veg switch on and will leave it like this until it is time to flower which is when ill add the bloom switch

The things i will be doing the same are, which i feel went well enough for me not to change…

I am using a peat pellet to start my seed off This saved me from having to transplant my seed into soil once it sprouted so no risk of transplant shock

Once my seed has started to grow it will be going straight into a 20 litre fabric pot This saved me from transferring my plant from pot to pot again eliminating the chance of transplant shock

I will once again be topping and scrogging my plant when the time comes

Not too sure if im gona do defoliation as i did last time as i think that that may of had a part in my plants dying?!?

Another change ive made is my day and night times
    Was getting temps of well over 30 n that was with both the extraction and inlet fans going full blast!

Changed the “day” hours from 06:00 - 00:00 to 16:00 - 10:00 n the “night” hours from 00:00 - 06:00 to 10:00 - 16:00

Even with the light off im still getting temps around 30
    It is now summer here so ive gone from needing to heat the tent up on the last grow to now needing to cool it down!

I think ive stumbled upon a solution though…

Liquid silicon!

Luckily i found this note at the end of an article i was reading about tips on cooling your grow room…

“Not a cooling tip but more a growing tip for higher temperatures, is if you incorporate silicon with your normal feed you will be able to grow your plants in hotter conditions. This is due to the silicon as it helps your plants to become more resilient and remain healthy even if your temperatures rise up to 40c.”

Hopefully this will work as my only other option is spending £100s on upgrading my extraction which isnt really an option!

If it does then the only problem ill have (for the moment!) is that if its a hot day my night temps are now hotter than my day temps
    Hav had temps of over 30 during the night cycle (which is now 10am - 4pm and temps of over and nearly 30 during the day cycle (which is now 4pm -10am)

Although as this is completely out of my control i suppose theres no point in worrying about it!

Hav now put my seedling into its pot as the roots had started to come through the pellet (7/6)

I have also started to spray with liquid silicon
    Am mixing it at 1ml to 4 litres of water and giving it only 2-3 sprays when I water and am doing both at the end of the light cycle

Am using my ph pen for both the silicon spray and the water

Comment

Ok man how are you I have a couple of ideas but first what are your growing in soil or dirt ,what is your run off and what are you using for nutrients , now to explain I've lost plants as well it happens but you really need to find out why this is the first thing that came to mind toxic build up of nutrients ,if you use coco then you have to wash the old water out if you dont it builds up and the plants stop feeding and they die in about 2 days,but if its a different reason then all the info is needed to help figure it out
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm only on here in the mornings so dont look for a reply today lol

Hi oldjarhead100 !

Thank you for your comment and i hope you are ok!

Im guessing that you are right about the toxic build up but unfortunately as this was the last grow which has finished ill never know!
      It was my first ever grow so as i was trying to keep everything as simple as pos i didnt bother with PHing my water or feed which is what probably caused the plants to die
      I also had temp and humidity issues so this may have added to it
      As said ill never know!

Anyways on this grow i am now using a ph pen to make sure my water is at the right ph level
      I am also using liquid sillicon
      1 to make my plant stronger healthier bigger!
      2 because now it is summer here im getting temps of well over 30 degrees in my tent and as far as ive read this makes the plant able to grow at higher temps, supposedly up to 40 degrees It was this or redo my extraction system which is something that would be far too expensive to even consider!

As it stands my plant only went into its pot a few days ago
      Im growing in a root nurse 20 litre fabric pot using gold label special mix soil
      The soil has enough food in it to last up to 3 weeks so i dont have to worry about food for the moment just water!
      And im definitely not using the same soil or pot as last time!!!!
      Not sure if nutrient burn can be passed in the soil / pot but didnt want to take the risk so new soil new pot
      ​​​

As my plant is still a seedling im only watering a small amount so no run off to measure
      When the time comes i will be feeding with old timer nutrients
      I also have some calmag to use as and when needed

Once the light comes back on (ive got my tent day set to be at night and the tent night to be during the day) ill take a pic to upload!

Once again thanks for your comment!
      Last edited by man10101; 06-11-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X