Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird looking plant

Ok so kinda new and learning.

Been hobby growing for about a year but this is my first Sour Diesel (from Seedsman). The plant that i am growing that has an excessive amount of sugar leaves it seems. Also a couple of the bud sites are almost rectangular. Im about a month into the flowering stage and was just curious if this is somewhat normal for the strain or do i have a mutant? Next to it i have a 1024 which is growing normally. Other than looking weird it seems to be doing fine. Thoughts?

Also, if you can tell i am doing anything wrong by these pics please let me know. Want constructive feedback if you have any.

Using 250w HPS in grow tent.

I agree that middle pic looks like a nuclear accident, what are you feeding her? they look happy does that middle one ask for water?
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

I guess i should have put more info in sorry, getting over cold and not thinking. Both are DWC hydro and im using the General Hydroponics FloraMicro/Gro/Bloom. The first pic is the whole SD plant, the middle pic is one of the cola's of said SD plant and the last pic is the SD and the 1024 together for contrast. I check the pH at least twice daily and when pH is too out of whack i replace nutrient water with fresh nute-water. This is only my third grow ever and first with the setup i have now. Having that many leaves i would think is bad but im new so thats why im asking.

Comment

Fascinating difference in the flower form! Genetics does matter! 🌱🌿
        Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
        Recent grows...
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

Twin towers....split top

Awesome...cherish it...you will probly never see it again

Comment

Its called Polyploidism

its a rare mutation. You shouldn't loose those genes. May increase bud production and THC production

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              It also says it could be caused by chlorine

Check this article out
            When cannabis genes mutate, the results can be staggering! All about variegated leaves, buds that grow from leaves, stalks that grow like vines, and more...

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
              Its called Polyploidism

its a rare mutation. You shouldn't loose those genes. May increase bud production and THC production
              Thanks for the info! I have never cloned anything before and am not sure how to go about it on this plant. I have looked around and have seen that it is possible to clone a flowering plant but am kinda moving to an area i have no experience. Any tips or recommendations on how to do this?
              Last edited by Tersky; 11-29-2016, 01:58 PM. Reason: Researched a little...

Comment

Those are awesome!! I don't know how to save genes, but I do know your mother plant for clones has to be in the vegetative state. Any more seeds?
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Tersky
                  Tersky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, but not sure they are from the same plant

Cut a shoot about an inch and half under a node section and put it in a starter plug...keep moist

Yes can clone a flowering plant

Comment

Originally posted by Green75 View Post
                  Cut a shoot about an inch and half under a node section and put it in a starter plug...keep moist

Yes can clone a flowering plant
                  Sweet! Thanks for the TIP (bad pun)! Getting some cloning gel and we'll see i guess. This plant might be wasted on me knowing my gardening level...

Comment

• Vapo69
                    Vapo69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not wasted dude, sounds like you got a rare experience going, thanks for sharing, I might never have come across this, every day is a school day dude

• Tersky
                    Tersky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I shall do my best sir! I'll post updates!

Get a rooting agent like clonex. Gel or powder will do. In about a week you'll start to get roots. Where transitioning to veg again it may look weird and grow in an odd fashion. But it will be arite as soon as hormones establishes

Comment

Is that a heirloom tomato plant?

Comment

When cloning a flowering plant it will usually take longer to grow roots compared to regular cloning off a veg.mother. When it does take roots it will take additional time for it to revert back to veg.stage. Whole process is a bit time consuming but very easily accomplished.

Best of luck to you...keep us posted with it.

Ps...I use no cloning additive...never been an issue.

Comment

NebulaHaze will like this one... Wow, that's really cool! Quite rare, quite Royal.

Comment

• Tersky
                          Tersky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Glad i posted it then! Had no idea. Thought that i messed up originally but the plant flourished so I just went with it. Glad i did!

• Royal Nugs
                          Royal Nugs commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So is everyone that gets to see your mutant. You should name her...

• Royal Nugs
                          Royal Nugs commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sour Polly

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X