New to the outdoor game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the outdoor game

As we are experiencing a very hot year I thought I’d try my hand at an organic outdooor cycle.
    The seeds were random bad seeds that Iv collected over the years and they have been planed in a home made compost. And just filled top of pots with chicken manure when bottom fans were showing signs of nutrient deficiency, any helpful information will be gratefully received, thanks in advance...

Your plants look pretty good jakey, a little crowded in those pots? The roots I meant,as for the chicken manure it might b a little to hot for them. Lol

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning UK, I'm with Potted, about the chicken sh-t, lots of Nitrogen in it.
      If they were mine, I'd use molasses and worm compost teas, and Recharge, it works fine.
      Haven't heard from you in a while,,hope your doing ok, I've remember seeing your last grows, they were nice, and you will do fine outdoors.

I'm with potted as well you will need at least a 5 gallon pot bigger would be better , Chicken poop has to age for at least a year before it can be used the way your trying to do if you are using compost you shouldn't need to many nutes so I would do like DAAS says and use teas if you want to give them extra nutes
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Good morning and hello again, thanks for all the replies.
      The chicken manure seems to have brought them back to life as they were wilting but was a panic buy because I wanted to stay organic but they were needing nutes. What is best organic fert for veg? One of the plants is directly into the ground but what size pot for the other would you recommend for outdoors? And also can anybody recommend an organic flowering supplement?
      ++ I am starting to have a problem with ants and aphids/green flys. Has anybody got any advice or repellant/natural insecticide?
      Thanks in advance, replies always gratefully received

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Being that you are growing organic have you looked into biodynamic gardening / co-planting adding in small growing plants like clovers basil chamomile and such to make you soil provide its own nutrition. I’m not a soil grower or organic by any means but this is a method I really like a lot and do a lot of readying on . Just something to think about .

Check this link out it has some good co-planting information.
        These trusty companion plants will deter pests, attract beneficial insects, and fill your soil with vital nutrients. Plus, many of them can be used in cooking!

There is some tea ideas in there that may answer your question
        There is also something about aphids in there I believe . You having an outdoor grow this may help you greatly . I’m growing hydro so these really aren’t and option for me .

I hope this helps you a little

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey UK, check out BioTabs,

I would go with the 1 foot per gallon method (maybe a bit bigger for good measure) . So your pot should reflect the size you intend your plant to be when it’s finished . My friend uses 15 gallon but you may not need that big . Or you may want bigger. The bigger the better . Your plant will double in size in bloom so you wanna consider that when you pick a pot . 5 gallon should be good for veg though . Also the bigger it gets the bigger ratio ( feet : gallon ) you may need to physically and nutritionally support your plant. really depends on how long your season is and how big you think they are going to get . You wanna have them in there final home before bloom so you don’t stress them while they are budding and hinder your harvest in the end . I have seen people grow 20foot+ tall x 15foot wide plants in 100+ gallon fabric bags .

Just my thoughts on that.
      DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X