Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go! 1st try GG auto.

So,
    received rapid rooter plugs, cal mag (botanicare), and coco. Per Nebulas tutorial, im planning to put 2 seeds(gorilla glue autos) in plugs, and put plugs in a 1/2 sized litter box and cover in saran wrap, cover the box to keep light out, then place outside in shade. Going to be upper 80's daytime, mid 70s overnight for the next week.
    Coco is soaking in RO water, PH tested @ 6.4 with 1/2 teaspoon of cal mag mixed into 1 gallon of water. Will drain, squeeze water out, and re-soak tomorrow for another night. Trying to have coco prepped ahead of time for transfer of seedlings to dixie cups.
    1 question I have: the rapid rooter plugs arrived pre-soaked. Was not planning to add any extra water or nutes. Am I correct here? Also, would it be appropriate to set plugs in small-sized paper cup to keep the plug upright, or does this impede air getting to plug?
    This is my 1st ever grow, so I ask, am I going the right way with this? Anything Im overlooking. Have nutes(fox farm), & ph up/down arriving in next few days. Timing is of essence as this needs to be harvested by mid august before I depart for several weeks.
    thanks for any and all feedback
    Last edited by Riverwart; 06-03-2018, 07:27 PM.

Spray with PHed water twice a day till thay pop.

Comment

• Riverwart
      Riverwart commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Potted,
      Would water PHed @ 6.4 be acceptable, or do I need to adjust it?

Don't bother with the dixie cups - that will slow their growth - put them in the final pot you intend to use.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwart View Post
      So,
      received rapid rooter plugs, cal mag (botanicare), and coco. Per Nebulas tutorial, im planning to put 2 seeds(gorilla glue autos) in plugs, and put plugs in a 1/2 sized litter box and cover in saran wrap, cover the box to keep light out, then place outside in shade. Going to be upper 80's daytime, mid 70s overnight for the next week.
      Coco is soaking in RO water, PH tested @ 6.4 with 1/2 teaspoon of cal mag mixed into 1 gallon of water. Will drain, squeeze water out, and re-soak tomorrow for another night. Trying to have coco prepped ahead of time for transfer of seedlings to dixie cups.
      1 question I have: the rapid rooter plugs arrived pre-soaked. Was not planning to add any extra water or nutes. Am I correct here? Also, would it be appropriate to set plugs in small-sized paper cup to keep the plug upright, or does this impede air getting to plug?
      This is my 1st ever grow, so I ask, am I going the right way with this? Anything Im overlooking. Have nutes(fox farm), & ph up/down arriving in next few days. Timing is of essence as this needs to be harvested by mid august before I depart for several weeks.
      thanks for any and all feedback
      Hey dude !
      I have been using root riot plugs with an 100 % germination rate. I'll explain how I do it.

1. Soak your plugs in desstild water/batterywater. (Even if they are presoaked)
      2. Press out some water so they become moist and not wet.
      3. Put your root riots in the included drainplate.
      4. Put your seeds in the plugs, like 3 mm down.
      5. Put the lid on and place your seeds in a dark room with the right hum and temp.
      6. Once-twice a day, Dip the bottom of the plug (about 1cm) in desstild water and spray the upper side of the plug. ( this will help your roots finding the right way quicker.)
      7. Keep your seeds in the dark,Continue watering your cubes like explained over.
      8. Remember that we are talking about babies, they need a stabil environment so I believe you should avoid unnecessary sounds, movement and light.
      9. When your seeds pop, continue like above until your seeds are ready for re-plantation.
      10. DONT use nutrients during germination. No need for this.
      11. Introduce the plants to nutrients when they are in there medium.

I germinate my seeds for about 7-10 days before I put them in my RDWC and its first now they get their first taste of nutrients.

Happy growing and good luck !
      Peace bruv !

Comment

"Timing is of essence as this needs to be harvested by mid august before I depart for several weeks.
        thanks for any and all feedback."

Mid August is only 10 weeks from now, that's a short grow time, then you have drying and curing after harvest. You may want to reconsider starting now. I don't see how you can get it done before your trip.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
        IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Riverwart, yeah, you need some killer smoke for your fishing trip, lol
          You must be going to Alaska, to catch Salmon, I live down South, and Bass fish, ever chance I get.

• Riverwart
          Riverwart commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too, Daas! Im sure I will get a few salmon, unfortunately they will be from the great lakes & not alaska. The main target will be smalljaws in the rivers of the U.P.. Always a treat to trade ditch-pickles from down south for smalljaws up north.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Riverwart, Man those Bronzebacks, are the meanest fresh water fish I ever caught, they pull like hell,. You could tie a 4lb. Smallie, on a 4foot rope, and an 8lb.Largemouth, on the other end, and the Smallie, would drag, that nice Largemouth all over the lake, they are fighters.
          We only got 1 lake in our state that's got Smallmouth in it and its Pickwick Lake, in north Ms. The largest Smallmouth I ever caught at Pickwick was 4lbs, in an old RedMan Tournament, But the lake record is over 8lbs, if I'm not mistaken, and that's huge.

Gotta agree with uncledoug. Last grow was GG auto and it took 12 weeks to harvest. I did have some issues with grow and it was my first auto grow but the last thing you want to is to be close to harvest or drying/curing when going away! I've had that issue too!! Good luck!
        DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
        315 LEC
        6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Dr.Moggs
          Dr.Moggs commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta love your nickname,
          Pura Vida !🍁

Little update to this thread:
        germinated 3 seeds to start. 2 of them popped on 6/6. I mangled the handling of the 3rd, as a result it never germed. Moved sprouted rooter plugs to small jiffy pots with 50/50 buffered coco/perilite on 6/8. Moved to 3 gal fabric pots on 6/14. After reading just enough to scare me about light burn, nute burn, I had kept my light (300w vipar) set at 45/15 veg-bloom, and went watering with about 1/3-1/4 of recommended dosing. Plants looked ok, but rate of growth looked behind compared to what I see other posts showing for similar time. Turned light up to 60/30, increased fertigation, kept nutes at low levels. As before, plants have looked healthy, just smaller than I thought they should be. Turned light up to 80/50, raised plants to around 30" from light. Up til this point, had my light on 24hours. Friend who grows yelled at me for 24hr lighting, so moved schedule to 19/5. The change was well received by the plants. All this time I have been trying to get a feel for watering frequency & quantity, keeping EC levels in check, feeding schedule, & finally feel as though Im getting a handle on maintaining the chemistry. Currently, im at about 6 nodes on each. Plants have started to really boost since lighting change, & my feeling confident enough to use higher dosing/frequency of nutes. Currently at about 1/2 the recomended dosage with every watering. They also seem to be drying the coco faster, so this allows me to fertigate more frequently. About 1 gallon every 30-36 hours between both plants. The ambient conditions outside of my grow space have been mid to upper 80's with RH from mid 60's to upper 80's, however inside my grow space I fluctuate between 75&82f with an RH between 48 &55, so im kinda pleased with that, considering I had no idea where it would end up. Even though things have seemingly gone ok, I already have several changes to incorporate the next time around.

My concerns going forward at this time are plant height & timing of harvest. Have a loose schedule that Id like to keep (2nd to 3rd week of august would be nice), and I have around 42" of total grow space height to work with. Yield is not of great concern to me for this grow, would be thrilled to end up with 2oz of dryed/cured product. Also open to the possibility of having to abort 1 of the 2 if & when it gets too crowded. Ive ruled out topping plants for this grow as it would back up harvest time, but Im also aware that measures will need to be taken to keep plant height under control. Would love to hear peoples thoughts on how to keep the height down without slowing down the total grow time.
        The info found here has been invaluable, & most appreciative to those who have offered advice along the way. Campesino, youve helped me a lot in this short time, and Im very grateful for it. Dr Moggs & DAAS, thank you both as well👍

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X