what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this?

I'm at a loss.. Could somebody let me know what this is about and how do I fix it. I'm new to this and really don't know where to start. Thanks

That really looks like it might be fungus gnats to me

Check it out and compare pics
    Do you see tiny black flies buzzing around your soil? Learn how to get rid of this common yet annoying pest again quickly.

Comment

• autumnramsey
      autumnramsey commented
      Editing a comment
      I took a look at the link and that is absolutely what is going on. I have seen those lil shits for a while now not really knowing what they were about. I'm treating with neem oil. Any other tips to getting rid of them? I also found another little bug on my buds that look similar. Not sure if its the same bug though. Ima post some more pics. I appreciate the help. thanks.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad we have diagnosed the problem. Neem is a good choice, and let the soil dry out... As D.A.A.S.69 notes, they like the wet soil.
      Beyond that I'd leave it to those who have had the misfortune of having more experience with them. I think you will be able to deal with it and I hope for the best

Hey Autumnramsey, that does look like gnats, how many leaves look like that ?
    A picture of your whole plant might help. Bugs like that wet-damp environment.
    Welcome to GWE.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• autumnramsey
      autumnramsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome. I have been needing help for a bit now. I'm relieved to have found you guys. Thanks.

ok I have another bug. Is this the same bug? knats? or different. I'm treating the fungus gnats with neem oil , will neem oil get rid of this bug too? Should I be doing anything else to treat these pests? Thanks for all the help. Its been a life saver.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't tell what that is, but yeah, Neem it

• quirk
      quirk commented
      Editing a comment
      Garrett Juice and Orange Oil- 1 ounce each per/gal of water. Foliar spray and water in. No more bugs. Period.

Also you can give a good dose of Datomacious earth, especially on top of the soil. I (put on a dust mask) and sprinkle it in front of a small fan turned on high, try to coat the underside of leaves to. Works good on aphids as well. Don't use that or the neem if the plants are flowering though.
    You can put out some yellow sticky traps afterward as well, available in many garden stores, or off Amazon. That does look more like some type of fruit fly rather than a fungus gnat, but all the options listed in replies hear, should help.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, like GEffects says, DE earth, and yellow sticky traps work fine ,

Hey ar, can you please post a pic of the whole plant and its pot?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• autumnramsey
      autumnramsey commented
      Editing a comment
      I posted a few more pics. Thanks for taking the time to look.👍

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      autumnramsey You're welcome! I'ma holler at D.A.A.S.69 to look at the pics you posted at the top: he's a soil grower and I'm hydro!! Hope we can all knock our heads together and find solutions!!! ;-}

Hi A.
    Regarding the gnats...I assume you are growing in soil? I had this problem too and found tons of gnats in a container of soil that wasn't being used but was partially open. So, they aren't always only in your garden. Next grow, I switched to coco and so many of my soil problems disappeared!
    Good luck!

Comment

Lady bugs will work good if they are in bloom and you dont want to spray
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X