Learning to start all over again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning to start all over again

I was an active member here, until suddenly one night I received a severe brain injury and the next day my partner was tying my shoes and feeding me... I was very close to harvest and suddenly I lost everything because I had no clue of what to do, how to do it, etc... Hence why I suddenly just dropped off the face of the Earth. I've been trying to get back on my feet, but it seems I either remember something or I only remember parts of something with no clue that I am missing steps and parts, which has been making things very interesting to say the least. Thankfully I have been able to turn to this site again once I got back into my email and start learning how to do things all over again, which just has me wanting to say Thank You to everyone who posts because it is really helping me.It's been over an entire year now since I got my severe brain injury and it's just now that I am able to start picking up enough things that are helping me to get back to more of the person I was before. So please bear with me if my grammar is wrong or if I use the wrong words thinking I am using the right words for it, I'm told it's all a part of my brain injury and I may or may not outgrow this problem. However they tell me I should just count my blessing to even be alive right now, and they are blown away I am as far along as I am where I at least appear "normal" most of the time with my hiccups of problems.

Thus far I've tried to start some seeds, lost a few batches to Dampening Off (I think???), I mean I barely had the starter leaves going and I was making the first or second true leaves the plants were 1-2 inches tall and suddenly they stalled their growth for two straight months. Finally they just died and never did do anything more, I was completely blown away... They were grown from seeds in Rapid Rooter plugs and transferred to Growstones in the hydro system with a water pH of 6.00 and water temps set at 68-70 F, air temps at 84F and humidity was at 48-52%, never had a problem with the LED lights or anything with the setup before, so I was confused and still am as to what really happened to them.

The next one's I had growing and they just took right off and started growing to 3-4 inches and without warning the next day I opened up the door to find them keeled over and covered in white powdery (mildew or mold) and so was the Rapid Rooters. I did an immediate cleaning of the air filtration system and found some dust was getting inside and the filter had some issues with letting super fine dust past it. Come to figure it out, the filter is suppose to be one of those oil filters and I was running it dry, I am now looking into ways to kill mold issues to run a closed system again which always happens every single time I close the system to just recirculate the air or I don't keep a fresh flow of air entering the system.

Finally got one seed to stay alive and was able to finally put it into flower, all so I can figure out if it's a male or female plant, so I can start trying to determine if I can have a mother or not. So my question at this point is really how do I deal with a mold issue and prevent it in a closed system which is around 800-square feet?
    The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

PigSquishy So glad to hear from you and thank all the cannabis gods that you're alive and well!!!! Give yourself time, you'll remember more and more. I wish you had a fellow grower there who could like be your trainer. I'm so glad that you're ok and continuing to recover!!!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Welcome back, I to just recovered from a 2 month couch vacation last year and working outdoors with my plants helped me get back on my feet sooner. These girls work wonders in more than one way. Better days are ahead.........Peace

Comment

Thank You both, I agree gardening really does help to heal a person, reduce stress and pull things together. I feel like someone must have been praying for me having read my post, I got two gifts today in the forms of clones with roots. A "Hash Plant" which is the name of the strain, and yes I really did have to go look that one up because I didn't believe that was really it's name. The 2nd if called "Early Purple Haze" which I can't find the name for, unless it's Purple Haze... I just can't find anything for "Early" so it makes me wonder why it got that added to it's name. All in all I am just overwhelmed with joy someone likes me enough to give me two clones that are starting flowering, gives me more than I had :-)
        The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely true. Growing cannabis is one of the most therapeutic, relaxing, joyous things I've ever done.

brain injuries are nothing to joke about they really can screw you up for years good luck with the grow
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X