defoliating in scrog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

defoliating in scrog

hi guys, im one week into flower, using a scrog net, in a DWC bubbler, i have been taking away the fan leaves throughout the veg stage, im growing green poison by sweet seeds,the leaves keep growing back very quickly, and each time they grow back theres more than than before each time i defoliate and now it is so bushy that the leaves are standing up verticaly.... is this normal?? should i stop defoliating??? or should i keep on until they stop growing back???,, can anyone advise me please please....

I am against defoliating, the science just doesnt support it. Have a look at my article on defolation. But i respect others opinions.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

I do defoliate but for the simple fact that i grow in a tent and have limited space to spread my plants out and i bend my plants and that causes leafs to grow really close together and get tangled. The tangled areas create stale air pockets and the moisture the leaves release becomes to much and causes WMP. I defoliate to keep my humidity down and get rid of those pockets of high moisture and bad air flow. I just defoliated yesterday you can check my journal for the results i mostly cut big fan leaves blocking bud sites. I do not defoliate through the week of transition and at the end of the first week of flower i defoliate and then every 7 days till the stretch is done then i selective pick leafs blocking light.

Also when i did try to scrog i had alot of issues with leaf moisture and WMP and found if you do to many plants your just asking for trouble with all the leafs that get twisted together and in a scrog you want penetration to get the lower sections of your colas! Having light penetration does make a different i dont think the deflation effects total yield but i think light penetration does and the grows i did not defoliate for had less yield since all i got was that 1 foot of colas instead of 2 feet of bud that you can get if you get good penetration the goal is to keep you ppf/ppfd/par good all the way through the plant.

Hope this helps.

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-more-4-30-18 my current journal~!
      Last edited by Inuart88; 05-26-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

thanks mate that is very helpful

Comment

I defoliated in SCROG. The entire undercanaopy was bare sticks, which made air circulation way easier, and all those leaves were in perpetual shade anyway.
          My defol candidates have always been: damaged leaves, leaves that are in shade, leaves that are shading buds, leaves that are blocking good air flow.
          Just my .02. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Comment

Im currently testing massive defoliation, some defoliation, no defoliation, and in between. So we will see.

Comment

But found this today in complete shade in a non defoliated plant.
              Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X