Grow Journal #3 Back for more! 4-30-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Journal #3 Back for more! 4-30-18

Plants - I started these plants 2 months ago 2 from seed Dr.fire and Sly Pie Express. (front right 2 plants) The others were started from clones. All the stems are starting to mature so wednesday when my new a/c 13000btu 96 pint a day i will be flipping to flower.

-Nutes Gh Floranova Grow and Floranova bloom
    -Soil Roots organic
    - Light Argo Led 411 sun Bloom/veg
    -Ppf 850 Total par @ 540 watts

LST and Defoliated yesterday should be huge in a week never seen growth like this before. (no topping)

Light distance between 7"-16"

fans- 4 6" per tent clips one box fan
    6" exhaust and Intake with 2 6 inch carbon filters 220cfm air exchange in a 112 square foot tent.1.8 times a minute i clear the tent of air.

3 6inch inline fans 1 intake into a wye and 2 exhaust all moving air at 220cfm. Upgrading to 8 inch intake to split it at 370 CFM

Not sure what ealse to add but i will update every 2- 3 days with new pictures.!

Getting new filter tomorrow also so i have 800cfm of filter

I will show the whole room as soon as it is fully put together its getting ready for summer this week!

I always start flower a few weeks late i like big plants! =D im shooting for almost 2-3 feet when i switch im close to 2 and half now maybe 3
    Last edited by Inuart88; 04-30-2018, 02:20 PM.

Evening 88, you have some nice looking plants.
    I've been reading about your 411argo, man that sounds like an awesome light, I sure hope you have good luck with it, and I bet you will.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Inuart88
      Inuart88 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have never seen results like this even with hps/mh lights. The technology has changed in the last year im glad i didnt start with leds almost did but didnt was looking at viraspectra or something on amazon. they all have lenses on there diodes to increase foot print. The lenses intensify the effect of light causing light burn and in turn your plants must be kept further away or dimm the light and get less par to get it closer. Ether way. Its interesting how in this last year they figured out how to define how the lights from leds work.

Also after reading the Argo Led suns put out more ppf than the spyder x without c02 the spyder x only gives off 400 ppf. "SPYDRx is an early-development stage top-lighting solution for commercial horticulture cultivation, or a full-cycle top-lighting solution for home hobbyists cultivating without CO2 supplementation at ambient conditions around 400 ppm." https://fluence.science/technology/spydr/ there is the source at the bottom. they are 900$ and for 400 ppf. The agroled sun uses less wattage 274 when the spydr is 340watts. The agroLED bloom gives off 414ppf for 530$ and 430ppf for the veg for 460$. They also say you can bring the light within 6" of plant but yet can only be done with a dimmer reducing your ppf rating/ output.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds great !!!, Can't wait to follow the rest of your grow.
      Maybe one day, they will be cheap enough, where even I can afford one.
      I love my 315lec, but it can damn sure get hot in my tent, sometimes in the summer.
      My 315 has got a dimmable switch on it, but I hardly ever use it.
      If you had to compare heat, with another kind of light , like Hid, what would your Agroled compare too. Thanks.

The rate at which 1 watt puts out for heat which is btu is the same no matter what. I think itā€™s 2.1 btu per watt of power consumed but the way an led can be cooled is different they have internal fans which put the heat out in a certain direction or way but not down to the plants or mine donā€™t any way. the benefit of led is you get more ppf for less wattage. My tent is cooler but my exhaust is still handling the same amount of heat I went from 600 watt to 548 274 each. My tent is noticeably cooler but my ac is coming today and I just pixked up a second filter to increase my cfm I can exhaust. One going out side one inside so Iā€™m only blowing out 50% of my cool air being made by ac.
    Last edited by Inuart88; 05-01-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Since I havenā€™t posted a pic of the room I figured I would here you guys go

Comment

I love to talk about growing =D and explaining my stuff. So ask away now time for the important stuff

I flipped to flower on the 1st its been 2 nights and they have blown up its been nuts. Also picked up for OSCILLATING 6" CLIP FANS MADE FOR GROW TENTS.!!!! yes they finally exist i could have been rich if i made one any way. i got 6 of these at 33 a pop lol. but my air flow is amazing.
        I also returned that portable a/c the ups guy dropped it and it sucked ass could not cool the smallest room in my house. I have a 8000btu window unit piped into my flower tent running at 200cfm its 72 in there and 62 at night which is great my veg is a little better 75 -77.Will upload video and pictures of fan if you guys are interested! its amazing and it moves some air i could get away with 2 in each 4x4 tent it hits all corners and middle. i would do diagonal from each other.

Plants update I started My advanced grow schedule now. I use
        FloraNova Grow 2.5 ml
        FloraNova Bloom 2.5ml
        RaipdStart 2.5ml
        Floralicious Plus 1ml
        CaliMagic 2.5ml
        I picked up liquid kool bloom today and am going to start that a few days early and also the koolbloom dry for ripening will also use one week early

No i do not get nute burn the bigger the plant the more it can handle. I learned this when i gave a 5 month veg plant 10ml of each of the GH Trio so 30ml together. and every other plant burned for a bit and was fine but the big plant did not burn. So i learned the bigger the plant the more food it needs/ can handle. Do not over defoliate and you can run the actual schedule the whole run. I see alot of people do 1/2 of the dose or 1/4 or 1/8. I can tell you its based on plant size and how many leaves there is to drink it up and distribute it.

Anyway enough about nutes. My agro Leds are working perfectly nice tight nodes this is going to be a crazy grow. thinking 14-24 inch bud shoots 4-5 foot tall plants almost 2.5 feet now maybe a little more. They have been LST and Supercropped a few times now and defoliating once every 2-5 days they grow fast!
        Last edited by Inuart88; 05-03-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

This is the difference of 3 days with my lights and nutrients.So it does work =D

Comment

Awesome looking forest you are creating! Good job - love the light. Are those fans battery operated or hard wired?
            Last edited by Canuck147; 05-03-2018, 03:11 PM.
            ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hard wired my computer just fried as I was stareing at it was halirious I am just in awe at the puff of smoke and pop that happened they are 20 watt hard wire with 90 degrees oscillating motor. They are awesome and they donā€™t clip like the old ones ethier.
              Last edited by Inuart88; 05-03-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Inuart88
                Inuart88 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got 6 of them 4 for flower cover every corner and all different height for maximum air flow

Picked up a second puppy last Tuesday had to show someone. Her name and is Lola sheā€™s a treeing walker hound to go with Molly my redtick coonhound sheā€™s my other fur baby.

Comment

Wow! What a great time you are having!!!! "You've come a long way Baby"!!!!
                Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                photoperiod feminized seeds
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Inuart88
                  Inuart88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You mean what a bunch of money Iā€™m spending lol. But yes it is awesome to finally have fun and reduce stress of growing and have my grow going in the direction I want. My goal is just getting back to basics and enjoy growing again. Got kinda hairy my last harvest had a lot going on and things just didnā€™t turn out how I wanted. So this is my recoup all my knowledge I learned and apply it moment and I think Iā€™m going in the right direction at Mach 7.
                  Last edited by Inuart88; 05-04-2018, 01:53 PM.

Also this is my split exhaust one filter in the wall to exhaust half my air and one filter in room to keep the other half of air which is cooled by the ac and put it back in the room. So Iā€™m only exhausting half my ac air out of my room. And my little clone babies I did the other day

Comment

If you can do reflective material around then that would add to your development. I use ryteck that has I side reflective. I understand it is flammable but has been good thus far under t5. Bottom sides and back would be good. Easy to cut with coping saw blade...
                  Just thought I'd throw that in since dark colors absorbs light.
                  Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                  Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                  GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                  photoperiod feminized seeds
                  http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                  http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                  http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Inuart88
                    Inuart88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is a very interesting thought. I may just do that. Wait for the update picture in 2 days šŸ˜ƒ. Lol

Day 4 of flower watered front 3 with nutes next water is ph. Also put in my risers in pots so I can drain out excess water did 1 1/2 gallons of water. I will be adding liquid cool bloom to my watering regiment next nute watering. I added rapid start to my clone machine 4ml 2 ml per gallon.

I did some LST on mystery white. It was kinda little taller than the rest by about an inch everything seems to be damn near equal in height also pluck a few middle leaves blocking middle node growth did not need to take many though maybe 10 I have been keeping up with the inner leaves and node exposure.

Everything seems to be doing good and looking beautiful. Also thinking about which kind of soil I wanna start my clones with I have been using fox farm FFOF and then Switched to happy frog but I think Iā€™m done with fox farm as I have not liked the results of the soil and roots. I also switched to all GH products and Iā€™m defiantly seeing the difference I will put it that way could also be me starting to use the advanced nutrients schedul. If you guys have any recommendations on soil and why you suggest it that would be wonderful. I m thinking of using roots organic or pro mix. My local hydro store also has a lot of soil that is made in my area. Thinking of taking some Pix and showing you guys what they carry. I did pick up some great white graniual that I plan to add to my clones soil.

oldjarhead100 After seeing his trimming machine I will be buying one 1 year of hand trimming @ at 12oz plus a grow is getting old.
                  Last edited by Inuart88; 05-04-2018, 12:29 PM. Reason: Phone posting sucks RIP computer

Comment

Looks real good - I use promix HP (high porosity) - cuz just like it says, very porous. No need to buy perlite, unless one wants more. And not too expensive -$30 Canadian.
                    ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                    Mars Hydro
                    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X