Are these nanners?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these nanners?!

I'm afraid I know what the answer is. What step do I take? Pitch the plant?
    Quadlining

Past Grows

I still have a couple of jars from a hermied plant. Horrible smoke as it was way to early but actually not a bad high. That being said saving it for butter or something because its like smoking a horrible cigar. Did it have trichomes? If it had trichomes alot you can do with it.

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked at pics. Yes it was already making trichomes. Yes useable for alot of stuff.

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I just cut the stems off the main branch and threw it all in a Ziploc bag and tossed it in the freezer. Eventually I'll do something with it, either oil or dry ice hash. It was a shame to pull her, the nugs were looking really good

Howdy Mcubed476, I tried to remove all of the nanners as they appeared on the plant (several grows back), but I found out that once they are visible, the pollen is already out. I do not understand why Folks get so bent out of shape over their appearance. In My experience they do not produce as many fertilized calyces as when exposed to male produced pollen (kind of like inbreeding, too close doesn't take well). I have had anywhere from fever than 30 to 40 seeds per plant when 'self pollenated' per plant. I have grown two grows using hermied seeds and have not had many problems. Some of the seeds did not sprout, some died during the grow, but the ones that did make it, did very well, and ALL of the seeds that were produced by the nanners were female. As far as being harsh when smoked, the flushing of the plants prior to harvest as well as the curing of the buds, has a greater effect on the harshness, and the more resins and oils produced by the plant has a big affect on the smoke ability of the bud. The harshest weed I ever smoked was some really kickass Thai stick that my friend got back in the early 70's.
    If the plants are not allowed to mature, then there is practically no reason to save them. Seeds or not , the ladies will still produce (copiously, I hope) the THC, CBD, and all of the other good things. And You will have a supply of feminized seeds for future grows!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasnt saying a hermie is harsh. Although maybe i need to reread what i said. It was harsh because i cut her early. If you only have a few plants let that hermie flag fly till done. I dont want to deal with it in my situation.

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response dw2.From what I have read online, people do seem to say they make the bud really harsh. I agree though, drying and curing are a huge factor in taste and smoothness. It's cool to hear a different viewpoint on these things, I will keep this in mind if it happens again.

I do only have 4 plants going, but she's gone now. Maybe I'll do a replacement 3 bears, I still have a seed left. The buds looked like they were going to be really nice too. Oh well, part of the game.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Doubledealing72. I do not know for certain what conditions do and do not make a bud smoke harsh. I have had very early bud, baked dry and smoked (quality control issues forced me! lol) that was very smooth, but when matured and cured, was like swallowing barbed wire! I have also had bud that started off harsh and smoothed out after curing, go figure! Like I said, some of the most harsh bud that I have had was some of the most potent.
      I do not smoke as mush now as I once did, I started (on the last grow) to make capsules. At first using the DIH method (the old shake-n-bake), but now I just grind and bake, the shaking was getting to be too much for my aching bones. The best thing about using the caps is the it seems more effective, I get though the day with only two to three caps per day (I use the size zero, about the same volume of a single 'hit' in my pipe).
      Last edited by DW2; 05-26-2018, 12:15 PM. Reason: added info

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X