New Grow lights :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grow lights :D

Just finished building my own DIY flowering lights. Just need help hanging it . Lights are ChilLed Logic 100w PCB. It is enhanced with next gen 660nm deep red diodes for a superb flowering spectrum. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

Im running 9 cobs in parallel, 4 on one HLG-320h-48b and 5 on the other. Its on a 5x5 substrate from rapidLED and thats also where i got the heatsinks for the lights.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Looking VERY nice-had to do a bit of head scratching about the chilled boards until I remembered that they are those Growmau5 pucks. I'm sure that you'll get some pointers on how to hoist that beast so hang on...
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks was a lot of hard work. First time doing anything like that but it was mostly copy/paste from youtube or google.

Any reason the 9 lights aren't evenly spaced?
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      its just sitting on the floor for now and i have all the cobs zip tied in place so when i hang it they wont slide around.

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a bitchin' website.

I really like how the use of cobs allows you to spread out the distribution of light. I have two Viparspectra 450 watt LED lights, but all that energy is concentrated in ~15 x 8 inch area. I don't like this, that's why I have two of them for a 36 x 36 inch space.
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea i kinda get what u mean. My quantum board doesnt get the edges as much as i would like. On the bright side i have two good lights now and can do a perpetual grow

RosettaStoned has the same lights, he might be able to suggest something.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

What are they attached to? Looks like an easy solution but maybe im wrong about how they are attached to that. What is it made of? Where are you hanging it?

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        The lights are screwed on to 140mm pin heatsink and those are screwed on to the aluminum frame. Im gonna hang it up in my flower room with my half flowered plants.

Welp the wife and I got that beast hung up today. Basically i dragged it in sideways and then hooked up all 4 rope rackets. Then i picked it up towards the ceiling and tightened the ropes. After that i laid it down flat over my canopy and tightened ropes at the same time. Wife was worried we would hit the plants with the light but we hung it up perfect. Hit one little snag with a rachet rope not working properly but that was it. I still need to micro manage cobs but im pooped and i went on call 30 min ago. I took a quick pic with the light on from underneath to look at all the lights to make sure they all were working. Will take better pics tomorrow or something.
      Last edited by Cloud; 05-25-2018, 10:23 PM.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Good job-I hear ya on getting the fixture in the air. Although my bars are only 1/2 of your fixture it still takes patience to get it done.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X