Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help

Hi guys last week i made a post about my first grow and in it i mentioned i had some ph problems last few weeks. 2 or 3 days after nute change ph goes down to 4.0 or worst. Well one of the plants is not looking to good and seems like its not growing anymore. So far its the only plant that looks bad. 3 plants in that 18 gal tote and ofc roots are tangled to hell. I think there is around 4 weeks of flower left. I also feel like my buds are smaller than what they should be at this point in time. What do you guys think.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Hi Cloud - Your plants are very deep green and look like they might be showing a tiny bit of clawing, both of which indicate lots of nitrogen--probably too much for that growth sage. You don't say what you're fertilizing with, but it looks like you need to cut back on the nitrogen.
    The brown spots might well be calcium deficiency.
    How are you measuring pH? If it's with a probe/pen, are you keeping the tip wet and calibrating it in pH 7.0 cal solution every week or two?

Comment

• DoctorJohnson
      DoctorJohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you using FloraTrio full strength (i.e. GH's feed chart)? That's usually too much. Reducing the nutes might help the N overload.
      If you're dosing that much CaliMagic ever week, you should be OK for Ca, but maybe try doubling it to 4 ml gallon? (I always give 2.5 / week.)
      Drops can be really inaccurate. Spend $30 on a pH pen and a bottle of calibration solution and use how to use both. You won't regret it. In the meantime, I'll bet your res isn't really at 4...

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Im using half strength and will increase calimagic cause i am using ro water. I cant wait till i get the money for a pen lol cause yea i bet those stupid drops are wrong.

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont know those nutrients but when using fox farms nutrients it drops ph from 8 to 5. They told me they intentionally lower the ph of their nutrients because it makes a more stable solution.

If all those plants are in the same 18 gallon tote - then they've been fighting each other for some time for who can get the most roots out and someone always gets bullied out. Not much you can do but tough it out wait and hope.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda what i was afraid of. its mostly 2 plants per tote but that one ended up with 3.

• DoctorJohnson
      DoctorJohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      A little submersible aquarium circulation pump can help to keep an overloaded reservoir healthy. Some have venturi air jets, just like a sauna.
      Last edited by DoctorJohnson; 05-22-2018, 08:51 PM.

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Great suggestion

I agree with Canuck, too many competing roots. Nothing you can do at this point but cross your fingers.

A quick note on GH’s flora trio, most of your nitrogen is coming from the Micro. The Grow adds a surprisingly small amount in comparison and I personally consider it unnecessary unless your growing something other than Cannabis. I’m curious what feed chart you are following, I never seen one, other than my own, that eliminates Micro as early as 4 weeks from harvest.
    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Im using a chart i found on GWE and it was part of the stealth grow charts. Shows to use the micro until finish.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Tangled roots can't be good.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X