Help with cuttings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with cuttings

I have 4 cuttings rooting in cups. They've been rooting for about 3 weeks now and I'm just starting to see very, very tiny new growth. I took them about a week & a half into flowering, which I'm aware will slow things down a bit but am I doomed to a torturously slow growth for the duration? Also, what signs should I look for to repot?
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

Kinda iffy at this point. Was the donor showing sex? If you are trying to preserve the genetics, just throw them in a veg space and let them grow-they'll sort it out.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Yes, they were definitely showing sex. The cuttings I took during veg didn't root for some reason so when i was strategically defoliating for the last time I decided to try again. Well, these ones took but they were definitely in flower mode... I know they have to switch back over to veg, which takes time, but once they do, will they continue to grow real slow or will they eventually begin to show the robust growth characteristics of the mother?
      If the sun always shone
      How soon the tree would wither
      -- Confucius

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        they will eventually enter full veg and grow rapidly, structure will be asymmetrical and the laves may look horrible for a few weeks, i would say about 8 weeks from cutting to full veg

Dont worry about slow growth during rooting. Dont worry about slow growth the first few weeks of life. The better the root system the better the end result.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X