Closet growroom temp problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Closet growroom temp problem

Hey guys, hope everyone and there gals are doing great today! Since summer has been creeping up finally here in michigan, my grow in my closet has been hitting some staggering numbers (85F). I have an AC in my bedroom that will chill my bedroom to 60F or below. But for some reason my blower cant pull enough fresh cool air in from the bedroom. I installed mini holes with duct covers in the winter. I could maintain the same temp as the bedroom without a problem after doing so. But now that temps are hitting mid 70s outside, its much harder to keep the closet at bedroom temp without keeping the closet door open. Which isnt really an option when im flowering or trying to sleep myself. (I run lights at night for flower) My only solutions i can think are, is to move the blower and make a much much shorter path to which i have duct work running, cause from what i heard that can make the blower work at half what its suppost to, but dont know if my distance im running is even that much, maybe 20ft in total ductwork. My other idea is to cut a big hole in the door, and fasten a floor fan to opening, but id rather not do that if all possible! What do you guys think, ill post a edit with pictures.

Details:
    My blower is a hydrofarm active air 6" inline (400CFM)

My closet size is 2' x 7'6"

600watt bulb in main flowering area
    96watts (12x 8 watt led flood lights) in veg tent

Thanks for all the input everyone!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kushroom420; 05-15-2018, 11:05 AM. Reason: Had to upload pictures, and fix few grammar errors.

Have any pics of your set up? A shorter path of ducting would probably help a lot or a duct booster fan. Are you venting into the same room? Do you have a fan blowing around in the closet? Is that lights off temp?
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

i posted them as attachments, having problems adding them to the bottom of the post instead of the top. But lights out temp is 80F. Im pulling air thru intake holes on door from bedroom. Pushing thru my hood, than venting outside. I have two fans going at all times, one in pre veg area, and one in flower area.
      Last edited by kushroom420; 05-15-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        With a passive intake the hole you're drawing air in from should be bigger then the exauhst. If you can shorten it up with no 90 degree bends it would help. Every 90 adds like 10 feet or something. A fan in the closet to help move air around will help a bit. If you can't get 90s out or shorten it up look into a duct booster fan.

• kushroom420
        kushroom420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, got ya, no wonder it wasnt working the best. Im going to move the blower and punch a hole by the back of my bathtub, should shorten it to a straight 3 feet i think, ill pop a few more intakes in aswell. And just when i was gonna give up on the summer grows. Thanks alot for your info chef! Your the man!!

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem, hope that helps keep you growing through summer. Happy growing 😃.

Where there is a will there is a way. It hit 96 degrees outside here yesterday and my basement stayed a sweet 74 degrees.

Comment

Is your light an HPS/MH? If so is it air cooled so your vent fan is attached directly to the light with glass preventing the hot air from getting out? If not you can try an air cooled light or go to an LED setup.

Comment

• kushroom420
          kushroom420 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sweet 74 sounds beautiful, hopefully in a few hours mine will be looking a bit cooler too! Just gotta quit packing the bongs full of kief first lol. Yeah i have glass on it, run MH for 2 weeks while i scrog them a bit, than flip 12/12 and run HPS. But since i put my mini pre veg area together, i can almost go straight to flowering without them seeing any MH which is nice for this little space i have.

Sounds good

Comment

i would remove the "intake" duct and let the hood suck air to the outside and the hole lets cool air into the room. right now all the cool air goes trough the hood and back outside so theres nothing cooling the actual growroom try for a day im sure it will work (:

Comment

By far shorter ducting. Use minimal. Bends in the ducting slow air movment a substantial amount. Where is it being ducted to? (Skimed quickly prior to work) if its into the same room, that wont end well.... get a small ac for the out of tent space...

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              I just seen the drawn version. Remove the blower from its location, have the ducting go

Charcoal filter ->
              (ducting if needed) light ->
              ducting/exhaust fan ->
              Outside.

It will help with airflow.

Here’s what I know 20ft of ducting is nothing for a 400cfm fan U may loose 50 cfm at max at the end of the line. Every 90 does add 5-10 ft of ducting. If you use a filter that will also reduce cfm. Also I can use a long sweep 90 that will cause less cfm drop around a corner. I have about 50+ feet of ducting and my air coming out the end is about I bet 375 cfm or a little less but I don’t loose and suction or blowing power. You can test your air flow with flutter strips or and incense. To see if you circulation is good or if you have pockets of trapped stale air just generating heat and intake at bottom out take at top heat rises.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X