water chiller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water chiller question

hooked up chiller to my rdwc system, when i start pump i get good flow thru cooler but eventually flow slows to trickle, i cant figure out whats wrong, i cleaned prefilter before pump, dissassembled pump and tested without chiller and pump works good, both pump and chiller are aqua active, 1000gph and 1hp chiller

what happened, this forum used to be active

Comment

• DoctorJohnson
      DoctorJohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      You asked a pretty specific question, and not an easy one to answer! I would guess that it has to be that either the pump is slowing or something is clogging. If the chiller has a thermostat, maybe that's a third possibility? (i.e. that it's seeing the water as being at the desired temp and so reducing flow so reduce the temp setting?)

I have a few ideas, but Its a shot in the dark. Whats the wattage draw on both units? (Chiller and pump?) Could be a wattage issue if both are running the same time. Shouldnt be... but you never know. Try shutting the chiller off and try engaging the pump to see if there is a change of water pressure. **After water is at temp**

Secondly my thought is the same as the good old Dr. Is there buildup in the pump? Is it brand new? Check your water lines along side the pump and inlet to.

Third, what temperature are you setting the chiller to call for? What temp is your pump designed for?

Those are a few possibilities, without being there hard to diagnose!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      is there a kink somewhere along your water lines or a slight vacuum leak that will cause a loss in water pressure, the water pressure in my rv used to slow after a little bit it turned out the pump was no good , I think we covered most possibility

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X