Plants tarted producing seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plants tarted producing seeds

22 plants, various strains, week 10 of flowering.
    Some plants have seeds!!!
    Very strange!!!
    There was no mail in sight.
    All plants were from feninized seeds.
    I can not see any hermies any where.
    Who can tell me:
    A) how can this be??!
    B) does it affect potency of the weed??!
    (other then having to weediut seeds before smoking).
    3) can i use these seeds to grow new plants and expect good results??!
    4)is it possible that in a closed room with fans,
    some of te plants will pruduce seeds and others will not??!
    5) is it possible that on the same plant,
    some buds will have a lot of seeds, some a few
    and some buds will have no seeds??!
    I will aprriciate, any proffesional advice,asap,
    as i am ready to harvest!!!
    Thank you and bless you.
    Papa

Look for banana like growths coming out of buds. The later you get into flowering stage , theres more of a chance of a plant turning hermie on you . I just had 2 WW
    plants from feminized seeds turn on me . Caught it in time, that's why it's important to inspect your crops daily.

Comment

Are all the ones with seeds the same strain? It might just be those plants.

Comment

PAPA ,,,, you got any pictures of those seeds, or of the buds the seeds are in ?
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

From femenised? Did you stress them out? I harvested some seedy buds but it gets me ripped so it will probably still be some killer smoke. Depending on how they got pollinated the seeds produced could result in being herm as well like finding a bag seed. Conditions could have been similar to the father parent of the plants this will make them herm too.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

If you allow your plant to flower to long , as it reaches the end of its life it can produce pollen sacks and to Pollinate it’s self as a survival response . I’m not sure how long your plants flower cycle was but it is possible this is the cause . I would start looking for the pollen sacks that are found on male plants. If these are found you may need to Sterilize your grow space as this pollen can stick around and pollinate future crops . If you have seeds there has to be a reason. From my understanding pollination has to take place for seeds to produce . I can only think of one situation of reproduction without pollination and that sees name was Jesus Christ . So unless an angel visited you in a dream I don’t believe this to be the case.

Cross pollination ion would not be possible because pollination can only occur within the same species. Meaning 2 different apples could pollinate or even an apple and a pear . Because they are of the same species. But polleniation would be impossible between marijuana and an apple because they are not the same species. There is no species of non marijuana plant that could pollinate a marijuana plant .

There is an exception to this rule. There has been cross species pollination done in labs but I am unaware of this ever occurring in nature .

So so in short
            Pollen=seeds
            no pollen = no seeds
            if you have seeds you need to find to pollen source and remove it ASAP. Unless your goal is to produce seeds for future use . Or an attemp at new strain of marijuana
            DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

I would like to add . If your plant has produced its own pollen sacks and pollinated your other plants , this isn’t a totally bad this . This is how feminized seeds are made . So if this happened at least you will have feminized seeds .

i wouldn’t use the seeds of the herm only the seeds of the plants it pollinated.
              Last edited by DankwingDuck; 05-12-2018, 09:24 AM.
              DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

It just happened me but I grew plant from a seed of a hermed plant. Temps got hot in my tent for 4 days and consensus was because of the stress of the heat it pollinated. I had no male parts that I noticed. But someone brought up a very good point of even 1 nanner popping, is all it would take. The bud was still really good and seeds were sparse

Comment

Papa, your weed can still totally be knockout: some pretty high-priced weed has seeds in it, like the first seeds of Chemdawg '91, which was found in a bag of expensive bud. I got some seeds from hermied plants I grew in a grow box, but the weed was fantastic.
                  Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                  2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                  Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X