Male or Female

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male or Female

can anyone help me to decide if these 4 plant pictures I have attatched are male or female please. The third and fourth pic are Critical mass 2 and Furious Candy. Many thanks.

Too early yet to say for sure.
    My first grow

Comment

Thanks for replying aloner, each plant is a clone from feminized plants, each 6 weeks old and 3 to 4 feet tall, was ready for flipping them but was not sure.

Comment

I thought they needed to be sexed before flower?

Comment

You can often sex them before the switch to 12-12 by looking at the pre-flowers, but it is much more apparent once they actually start to flower. Check out Nebulas tutorial on determining sex.
        Those plants should all be female though, since they are clones of Feminized plants. They share the same genetic information as there "Mother plant". A carbon copy of that female plan, if you will. They should be raring to flower once you flip, since being clones, they are the same age as there mom.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

Thanks for replying everyone, the reason why i am being cautious is because my previous grow has produced lots of seeds, and i have been told they must of been around a male plant. But how can this be if i have always bought & grown fem seeds? Bizzare

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Feminized seeds are susceptible to becoming hermies themselves when exposed to the same conditions as their female “father” who produced the pollen. But since any plant can be chemically induced to produce pollen, it doesn't mean that the abililty to hermie in a natural environment is passed on to the seeds.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Gwen, I got seeds on female plants a few grows back because it got too hot for my plants during flower, and that is a stress that can produce a hermied plant. I got those yellow nanners on one plant which pollinated all four plants in my grow box.
            Fortunately, it happened relatively late in flower, so the seeds were mostly undeveloped and the weed was quite good. But you have to wipe everything down very carefully after that happens to remove any traces of pollen.

And I was wrong about you having to wait until you switch your lights to determine the sex of your plant; I forgot about this information: https://www.growweedeasy.com/preflowers/

You just have to have a very powerful viewing tool to get in there close enough to see.
            Last edited by alltatup; 05-10-2018, 04:58 AM.

Thanks for the info, regarding the seeds produced in my last grow is it worth germinating them? And im guessing they would be mixed gender?

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know, but I have some regular seeds and I use the Keep it simple stupid method: I wait until they are in the early stage of flowering and I keep my eyes very closely on the pistil or pollen sac development. Once you've done it, you'll always know the difference bet. male and female.

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            As far as germinating the seeds from a hermied plant, somebody else said it really well not to long ago. If you have another solid grow, and just want to see what happens, go for it. Or basically that's what they said, you never do know what yer gonna get.
            I'm harvesting some good bud from some hermie seeds right now, 6 germed, 1 runt, 1 hermed, 1 got sick and tossed( my fault I think) 3 good girls that produced great bud. I got so f#@!*65$ high from it last night after 1 good bong hit, could hardly post pictures on my grow journal, Lol!!

Thanks, I will keep a close eye on them & Get a bigger fan, it reached 33 degrees the other day, not good, and that was in the evening.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            They can handle higher temps in vegetation but the flower pd needs to cool down to imitatefall weather conditions. You are welcome!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X