Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this too much lighting for my babies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we're sharing...
    These are my girls when they were 18 days from sprout... Kept 'em under CFLs till day 34, but only because tent was occupied. That's their 1/2 gallon bags - Step 2 in my transplant regime.

Coco FTW

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice. Its amazing how fast they grow after the first 10 days pass.

Originally posted by Campesino View Post
    Since we're sharing...
    These are my girls when they were 18 days from sprout... Kept 'em under CFLs till day 34, but only because tent was occupied. That's their 1/2 gallon bags - Step 2 in my transplant regime.

Coco FTW
    Did you fabricate you pots from some aluminum porch screen material.
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      They have these at homedepot now . Also they sell single cell dwc pots at home depot too . As well as led grow lights and hydro nutes . It’s a little more pricey there then online but always good to have a local source in a pinch . Aside from the hydro store . Which for my the hydro store is 15 miles away and Home Depot is 1 mile away

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool. I gotta use fabric pots and come up w/ a better soil mixture for next grow.

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Scott’s has there black magic brand now . Don’t know how it is but it’s marketed with there hydro line . Which is the repackaging of GH brand. Idk if it is really general hydro bran . This is what the scotts guy told me
      Last edited by DankwingDuck; 05-09-2018, 10:55 PM.

Wendy in the white bucket is 15 days old. Ellie is 3 weeks old. I'd say it's like their midgets.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      They should start growing for real soon. that first part of there life is all about putting out some roots, once that's done, they get to work on growing leaves and getting bigger. Nice watering circles, that will draw there roots out looking for water, perfect for that life stage.

If you need more buckets for your gardening, go to the bakery of your local supermarket. Frosting and donut filling comes in various sized plastic buckets, and they will usually just give them to you if you ask. Normally the buckets just take up dumpster space, and wind up in a land fill. Great for harvesting to, I use a bucket lid as my trimming tray, and the bucket to carry my buds to the tool shed, some times weed spends a day in one if I don't have time to jar it up right away after hanging.

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      If you cut off the top of milk cartons they work great too . Not quite a gallon but good for transitioning from seeding to early veg before they go into there final home . I used gallons of distilled water anyways so I have like 30 just stacked in my storage shed . They are basically free . Just cut some drainage holes . And then cut them away when you go to transplant to bigger pot . I also like to paint them black . I don’t know if it really matters if they are clear but I paint them anyways .

They look healthy and you made it past the most critical stage so they should do well under that LED light.
    I've lost a few babies because I think the LED light is a little too much for the newly sprouted babies.
    So I built a separate little baby box with a couple of small florescent grow lights, this also helps speed up my cycles doing autos.

Comment

I'm about to put both plants under only one of my v450 lights @40" height. They've been under three A19 style LED bulbs for now.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        It will be more light than they can make use of, but 40" is fine for plants that size. Veg switch only.
        If they like the light, you can lower it an inch or two a day until it is 24" (take at least a week). I run veg at 21", but I only lower to 24" and let the girls close to 21" before I resume raising lights.

Changed my mind. I have added two more A19 LED bulbs for a while longer. They seemed to work well on my last grow. Plus, power consumption is <50watts.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes.
        I keep my girls under CFLs until they literally will not fit.
        In terms of efficiency... One Viparspectra 450 on Veg only uses just over 100 watts

Yes my babys transitioned from one 450 viperspectrum to the 1000mh. Down to 24 inches away now and growimg like mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwasp View Post
        Yes my babys transitioned from one 450 viperspectrum to the 1000mh. Down to 24 inches away now and growimg like mad.
        Show us your girls, proud papa!
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system

Comment

I will. No pics on phone.

Comment

OK, gents, here they are 6 days later. They look great, but I would think they'd be taller for being 27 and 21 days old, respectively. I've only ever raised one plat before these, last year. I seem to recall that that one plat was much taller after being a month old. Perhaps I'm just trippin' even though I have no weed to get high. They both are working on their 4th node. My plan is to top them at their 3rd node, but worry the girls are on the small side to be doing that just yet.
            I keep changing my light configurations around, thinking that's going to help me find what the plants need in order to grow bigger, faster
            4' x 4' grow tent
            6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              No those are doing much better. Thry will get bigger really fast now. Those are catching up. Here were mine the 16th pic below.They were topped and tied down.

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              You got em in big pots it will take a minute for roots to fill out. After that they should take off.

• GreenhouseEffect
              GreenhouseEffect commented
              Editing a comment
              Those look great to me to. Mine are about that age, and not quite as good as those, so I think your doing just fine. Soil grown always seem to take a little longer than Hydro or coco to, slowish, but the reward is worth it, at least for my tastes.

Please scroll up the this page to see the plants in their development 6 days earlier, and tell me what you guys think.
            4' x 4' grow tent
            6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Comment

• growsomebuds
                growsomebuds commented
                Editing a comment
                How old are they?

Redwasp, look at my light setup. I have 8 of those reflectors. I also have 6 of 3000K and 6 of 6000K LED bulbs in standard A19 form. Do you think I should use these reflectors and some kind of mixture of the two kinds of bulbs or do you think I should be putting my plants under just one of my Viparspectra 450w @40" by now?
              4' x 4' grow tent
              6" inline exhaust system

Comment

If remember correctly planted within a day or 2 of yours. These are autos. Yes they can handle the leds. Start high and lower it fairly quickly. Just watch your plants to make sure they are ok and lower. I went from 40 inches to 18 in 3 days.

Comment

• growsomebuds
                  growsomebuds commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine are not autos.

I was just sayimg that now our plants will start looking way different. But yes you can start the led

Comment

• growsomebuds
                  growsomebuds commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just can't believe how much smaller mine are even though my plants are almost as old as yours. Perhaps because our strains are not the same. Although, I really think somewhere I'm not doing something as well in my grow as you.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X