Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this too much lighting for my babies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well those are 5 different strains that i have. Yours are photos. You will be fine. Starting in the bigger/final pot will appear to slow the original growth. But you just don't see the growth. You have to have a great root system in there by now. Yes starting in the final pot appears to slow growth. But it is filling that pot with roots. You now have a root base that can support huge plants. You are going to be amazed by the growth over the next 2 weeks. Im just guessing that in 2 weeks they will be huge. Unless there is something else hampering them.

Also i grew up on a farm. Have grown plants of some sort my whole life. At one time had over 1000 acres of crops(soy and corn) so cant really compare. When i was 2 my Papa had me weeding gardens. In grade school got up at 4am to tend the gardens before school. Lived my first 12 years from 4 till dark in the garden except when at school. Every where ive moved ive always made sure i had at least an area for a 2 acre garden. We dont buy vegetables we grow them. Im retired. Spend the first few hours of every day tending inside. Then the next 10 outside in the vegetable garden. On weekends go to our tree farm. Not saying im an expert on inside grows. That makes me feel like a rookie. But i can usually look at a plant and see what it wants. What its missing. Inside i dont always know how to fix it. But im not afraid to ask and listen. When i hurt to bad to work outside i read articles on growing things. I have a beautiful yard but no grass. Absolutely everything in my yard is a natural(to the area) plant that is edible or has medicinal value. Never know when you may go broke or the world fall apart(again super paranoid due to ptsd.)

Never judge your grow to others. I have runts. I have freaks. I care for and love them both. And if it makes you feel better some of my best yields per plant were from runts.

Comment

Holy shit. To long for most to read. Its raining and im just looking at my garden outside and want to get out there. I love my 4 hours before anyone else in the house wakes up.

Comment

Will keep readers here posted on their progress; thanks.
        AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
        Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
        Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system
        Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

Just so you know those will double/triple in size over the next week or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwasp View Post
            Just so you know those will double/triple in size over the next week or 2.
            I'm going to hold you to that! lol
            Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
            4' x 4' grow tent
            6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              If they dont we need to reevaluate the situation.

I mainlined Wendy. Ellie will get same treatment later on. Both plants now under one of my Viparspectra V450 lights. The light is 27" above plants. Does that seem OK given the size of the plants?
            4' x 4' grow tent
            6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, that is fine.
              (I have the Same Lights) I slowly lower my lights to about 24" when they are about that big. I let them grow to 21" from the lights before I start raising them again. I have found 21" to be a really effective Veg height

• growsomebuds
              growsomebuds commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, sir.

Originally posted by growsomebuds View Post
            I mainlined Wendy. Ellie will get same treatment later on. Both plants now under one of my Viparspectra V450 lights. The light is 27" above plants. Does that seem OK given the size of the plants?
            xxxxxxxxxxxx
            4' x 4' grow tent
            6" inline exhaust system

Comment

I got 17 ounces out of 2 vioerspectrum 450s last grow so dont think people can say they are cheap lights.

Comment

• growsomebuds
                growsomebuds commented
                Editing a comment
                That doesn't mean much w/o mentioning the quantity of plants. ;-)

• Campesino
                Campesino commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah it does!
                Quantity of plants is really beside the point. It is watts from the wall that matters and the efficiency that you deliver those watts to the plant(s). 8.5oz from a 450 Viparspectra is damn impressive whether it was one plant or 10.

It was a 2x4 area. And autos.

Comment

Next time just ask.

Comment

Oh wait 3 green crack under a foot tall each.. Very well trained.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X