Question -Cold Temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question -Cold Temps

Below are 4 pics. Both are Red Diesels and the first pic`s lass is just 12 days younger than pic`s 2-4. Both have had same diet, watering, etc, etc. The only difference that I believe the ill lass to have been closer to the input vent which blows in from above and his angled towards the ceiling to give a downward defused air flow. Now, I`v got 5 girls like the ill one but the rest of my girls are fine. Don`t think it`s any of the nute probs like burn, nit deficiency, etc and it`s not heat (25-28C lights on) or light burn (Really on top of those). Leaves are starting to either go partially green again as well or that could just be me. What I`m thinking is that 6 odd weeks ago it went very cold and at night I reckon temps really fell, even indoors. Could this be the effects of night-time cold airflow? They are both fed on organic compost tea with or not, organic nutes added which means you cant Ph the soil or so I`ve read. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Weird, was singing Highway To Hell as I wrote this (Playing on YouTube)...rather apt.

Over the winter my plants saw a few days of temps in the 40s with no issues. But i dont really defoliate which gives them some protection and makes it easier for them to recover.

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Redwasp Campesino @ DANGERDAN Thanks guys for your thoughts and kind help. You`re right that I do like a hard defoliation just prior 12/12 and at 3 weeks into growth. I follow the Schwazzing technique. Usually, my grows work very well and I get good yields but this lass just seemed to lose them through burning but your point about leaf protection was very useful. GreenhouseEffect brought in the very cold night-time temps. Between everyone it looks like the drop to a really cold night-time temp and hard defoliation were the contributing factors. This will really help with this coming winter. Once again, thanks guys....probably add a small night-time heater for really cold spurts as well as think about ways to alter my air flow in. I`ll definitely give your article a read DrPhoton

That is a really extreme defoliation!
    As Redwasp suggests, with so few leaves the plant can't really defend itself and also can't really grow well.

Beyond that, are there specific symptoms that you are worried about?

Hope they stay strong!

Comment

One of them has no leaves 😅

Plants need them leaves, read my article on defoliation if you havnt. 👍
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

Hi Pagan,
        If it's the yellowing kinda blanched looking leaves that you are referring to, I have seen plants act kinda like that from cold, cold temps before, they were ones that I left outside over night in April in the mountains, cause I had to get rid of them, and thought I'd let them go quietly in the night( never happened, they just hung on, amazing how tuff these plants can be!)
        I have seen ya grow some amazing bud with that extreme defol ya do though!

You can P.H. your water growing in organic soil, shouldn't have to, but ya could. Things like vinegar for a ph down, or baking soda for ph up. or both for a volcano! ( sorry couldn't help that one )

Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks GreenhouseEffect That was a good thought about ph-ing mate. Your experiences and those from the guys above really helped mate, thank you very much. Living in the mountains must be an experience. Think it would be nice as well

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Your welcome for sure.
          It is awesome, deffinately has it's own set of challenges for growing, and the girl won't let me grow in the house. Started plants in the greenhouse Jan 11th this year, somehow. Super insulated grow tent inside the greenhouse.
          Some TLC, and I'll bet ya get them goin how you want them again, seen ya rock some good plants, so got faith in ya mate!

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenhouseEffect Thanks mate...as a tempter I`m shutting down to have a rest and go family visiting but when I come back I`m starting Purple Envy off. It`s meant to be pokey however I just want to see what the hype is about those supposed colours. Got it from a seed firm based in Weston Super Mare called Gorilla. They are in a warehouse along with a firm called Rhino, same business. You get nice freebies with orders. Hopefully, you`ll check it out as the yields are meant to be favourable as well. Take care

Hey Pagan I had same problem last winter I did add one of those little electric heaters turned towards the wall and plugged into a thermostat so it only runs when it needs to
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 Hi mate, how`s tricks. Sorry to be dense and a pain but could I a question...when you said you had the same, did your leaves go yellow all through and did they go partially green again weeks later when they recovered plus...bonus question ....what was the potency like. I hope life is treating you well, mate

PaganRich, man I just now figured out how to log in and out, only way I could talk to you was if I got an alert, we fund as hell, with that tech stuff, around my house, I gets a bad ass, headache, trying to learn all that sh-t. Lol.
        Yeah cold weather will do that to your leaves, like GreenhouseEffect says.
        I also seen your huge buds before several times, after you took the leaves off, and they looked great, as good as any.
        Next time you might want to try not taking so many leaves on one plant, just for a comparison, but I bet it ain't one bit of difference in the size buds, except the ones you defoliated, are bigger.
        We was always told around here that after they were flowering a couple of weeks real good, they were making buds bigger , and not making leaves, .
        Anyway, you know what your doing.!!
        Most of the time, in this soil, I don't ever ph, nothing. GoodLuck Mate.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          @ D.A.A.S.69 Thanks for the feedback mate. I have been thinking of leaving a few top leaves to power but my yields and potency are ramping up so not sure. Red Diesel, grow run #2 is producing heavy buds halfway in and I really recommend you give it a try...seeds are around 15 all in with p&p and cuttings root easily. Smells of apples mate but kicks you in the nuts like a maddened mrs. I hope you are in good spirits and health, my friend...what`s the latest sounds you`re checking out nowadays?

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          PaganRich, what's up mate ? Where did you get the RedDiesel seeds ? I'd love to try some, and I mean soon, if I can find some, I'm fixing to look.
          Brother, we go thru spells with music around my house, we got 4 big PolkAudio. Speakers on full blast all day long around here. With different music
          But here lately it's been Van the man,Morrison most always, can not get enough of VanMorrison,
          Have a great day mate, I'm fix in to check on those RedDiesel seeds. And thanks.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 I use this outfit a lot and never been disappointed to range or service however when you look at the price it doesn`t include VAT which is about 17% I believe...https://www.gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk At the moment I`m just buying some cd`s of The Cash and Sonic Youth. What I`m listening to at the moment, loads of really is a lot of Motorhead, ACDC and Sisters of Mercy...also Black Sabbath`s Heaven and Hell album...love Sabbath but only Ozzy or Dio God rest his mortal Soul

Pagan i had a few leaves turn yellow towards the end of flowering in the cold but not many. As far as potency it was actually better than the same strain of plant grown in warmer temps. The only thing i can guess is the stress of being cold made them stronger. Had 4 plants in the cold and they only got 5 ounces a plant. Thats compared to the 9 ounces per plant for the ones grown in the warmer temps. Hope that helps.

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp Well, that got the juices flowing...looking forward to trying them after reading that. Useful info as well mate, thank you very much and hope things are mellow for you, mate

Those cooler temps are what you want when growing your Purple Envy - so figure out how to get those temps down during the dark time, I think around the middle of flowering. Nebula recently had an article about growing colored plants. I myself have a Purple Stilton coming up next - not only colorful but she's gonna be stinky.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds an interesting grow mate....thank you, I`ll have a ganders at that article. Appreciated mate and hope you have a mellow time

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X